CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Homelessness.

Guest 'eavensabove

Guest nobgobbler
9 hours ago, Roadkill said:

Further research and comments from Baws on other threads have concluded that he may be referencing a Clint Eastwood movie from eighteen years before I was born.

If you want a guarantee buy a toaster.

Guest DingTheRioja
7 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Clearly you harbour a misunderstanding of "overheated" in the economic sense. For the avoidance of doubt and argument click here.

The housing market has overheated because the cost of housing is overpriced and is in short supply. This is especially acute for first time buyers, most of whom cannot gain a foothold in the market without the assistance of the bank of mum & dad. There are many reasons for this, but as I intimated before this due in part to an exponential increase of private landlords.

Ah the wickipedia of the world... right...

Overheating of an economy occurs when its productive capacity is unable to keep pace with growing aggregate demand. It is generally characterised by an above-trend rate of economic growth, where growth is occurring at an unsustainable rate. Boom periods are often characterised by overheating in the economy. An economy is said to be overheated when inflation increases due to prolonged good growth rate and the producers produce in excess thereby creating excess production capacity. The main reason behind overheating is insufficient supply allocation because of excess spending by the people due to increase in consumer wealth.

According to your definition, you have described what happened 10 years ago.  This is not happening now and has not happened since the crash.

The interest/tax and Stamp changes are nothing to do with overheating, since the market has not overheated for 10 years.

The market currently is slow, if FTB cannot afford to get on the housing ladder it is not because of overheating, but because they expect to be able to buy a 3 bed semi or a penthouse in Knightsbridge on £40k pa, they will not countenance having to move and buy where they can afford and commute instead.  The market raised prices beyond reasonable 10 years ago, and despite the crash, it did not "correct" itself.  The housing market never does, same as the FTSE.  This is not overheating.

There are a lot of predictions that the luxury end of the market in the south will suffer a large "correction" due to Brexit and Directors/Bankers jobs moving abroad.  This will not happen (i) its the housing market (ii) its London.  There will be some houses that lose 20%, but next year they will get it back and these same cunts will use these sme houses as evidence of a boom again.

10 hours ago, Snatch said:

You do know that your wrong and she's right don't you. She's always right.

Fuck yeah, pass the bark stripper... I'm giving up now.

26 minutes ago, DingTheRioja said:

Ah the wickipedia of the world... right...

According to your definition, you have described what happened 10 years ago.  This is not happening now and has not happened since the crash.

The interest/tax and Stamp changes are nothing to do with overheating, since the market has not overheated for 10 years.

The market currently is slow, if FTB cannot afford to get on the housing ladder it is not because of overheating, but because they expect to be able to buy a 3 bed semi or a penthouse in Knightsbridge on £40k pa, they will not countenance having to move and buy where they can afford and commute instead.  The market raised prices beyond reasonable 10 years ago, and despite the crash, it did not "correct" itself.  The housing market never does, same as the FTSE.  This is not overheating.

There are a lot of predictions that the luxury end of the market in the south will suffer a large "correction" due to Brexit and Directors/Bankers jobs moving abroad.  This will not happen (i) its the housing market (ii) its London.  There will be some houses that lose 20%, but next year they will get it back and these same cunts will use these sme houses as evidence of a boom again.

Fuck yeah, pass the bark stripper... I'm giving up now.

Oh, try this instead. Its not really my definition. No doubt you may wish to write to the Royal Economic Society and put them right...

In the world according to Ding there is no housing shortage and press and TV coverage about the difficulties of first time buyers are false. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mrs Roops
Repaired Link

Guest Lady Penelope
38 minutes ago, DingTheRioja said:

The housing market never does, same as the FTSE.  This is not overheating.

Total nonsense. It is a case of the housing market overheating, house prices had spiraled out of control, y the late 1980s and have continued to do so ever since. Perhaps you are one of these said landlords .. there seem to be several here on CC. In relative terms someone now on £40 is a match for someone who was on £2k back in 1960s when the prices of ordinary houses in London would have been well within their price range.

Guest Lady Penelope
5 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Oh, try this instead. Its not really my definition. No doubt you may wish to write to the Royal Economic Society and put them right...

In the world according to Ding there is no housing shortage and press and TV coverage about the difficulties of first time buyers are false. :rolleyes:

The Bank of England have defined the rate of inflation over the last 60 years as £5 back in 1957 buying the same as £205 would now. House prise rises actually did hold level with age rises until the end of the 1970s. I bought a house in 1979 for £5,000 and sold it for £8000 in 1981. I then bought a house for £14,000 and sold that house in 2007 for for £120,000. That same house recently sold for £270,000 .. far ahead of the levels of inflation. (the house that I paid £5,000 back in 1979 was recently sold for £105,000).

Guest DingTheRioja
3 hours ago, Ape said:

I don't give a flying fuck about any of this tedious shit. Stick your BTL and your overheating up your fucking arses.

Oh, and fuck off Jazz.

1e53f4e398a2c278f4f560ff37b3473d.jpg

Guest DingTheRioja

4 hours ago, The Lady Penelope said:

Total nonsense. It is a case of the housing market overheating, house prices had spiraled out of control, y the late 1980s and have continued to do so ever since. Perhaps you are one of these said landlords .. there seem to be several here on CC. In relative terms someone now on £40 is a match for someone who was on £2k back in 1960s when the prices of ordinary houses in London would have been well within their price range.

Jesus fucking christ...

This comment  "The housing market never does, same as the FTSE"  belongs with this comment "it did not "correct" itself" hence the current FTSE hitting record levels, again.

"This is not overheating."  is about the entire paragraph stating that people simply cannot afford to live where they want is not the same as overheating.

Until you get your tranny head out from your greased-up arse, shut up.

4 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

In the world according to Ding, wanting to buy a £500k house in central London on £25k pa because you're a thick lazy fuck with no savings does not equate to overheating.  There are shit loads of houses round here in decent areas for normal prices, prices than are affordable to FTB, but the problem is they want the 4 bed detached now, not the 2 bed terrace starter home and they won't save a decent deposit.

I bought my first house in the Yorkshire Dales National Park, it cost 100k, I paid a deposit of 25k because I saved up, my then salary would not have afforded me a greater than £75k mortgage.  Some of my mates were earning the same as me, blew thousands on shit they didn't need, they complained there was a housing shortage and the incomers were pricing locals out of the market. they had to move out of the area they grew up in or rent.

I had a better car than them, better and more holidays.  And bought my own house. There was no shortage, no price increasing incomers, just useless cunts who blame someone else for their shit.  I also drank more beer than them.

Every person I see on shit like Location, Location has a million high end gadgets, does all the latest trendy bollocks and reckon they can't save up a deposit.  They want the massive house and the massive lifestyle without earning or paying for it.  The rich are rich, the poor are poor, so fucking work to change your lot and stop your entitlement.  Stop buying new iPhones & iPads every year, stop buying the latest useless trinket and in a few years you'll have saved up 20k without even fucking trying. 

Shall I equate it to one of your trinkets?

500,000 chavs want a Merc for 5 grand, but Mercedes only make 100,000 cars a year at 35 grand a pop, so the chavs can only afford a clapped Focus, does that mean that the Merc Market is overheating?

Guest 'eavensabove
4 hours ago, The Lady Penelope said:

Out of allotments...

We've all heard the same old story about "when I was a kid you could get a weeks holiday for a penny" etc. etc. However, when I look back to remember my own first proper wage packet of £10.73p per week, I would be able to go to the pub every night, travel to and from work all week, dine out a few nights each week and still have enough to bung my Mother some rent... What would that cost today? £800+ and who for the life of them earns that much in the average workplace these days. £400 per day and it still isn't enough for many. Thank fuck I work from home and pull-in a wage that I have worked my bollocks off to achieve and to get by on whilst also being able to save for one or two luxuries now and then. Is that too much to ask for from life? Governments, would suggest otherwise, considering what they pay to Careers, Nurses and numerous others for example, whilst they wine & dine at will and do fuck all for it. 

47 minutes ago, DingTheRioja said:

500,000 chavs want a Merc for 5 grand, but Mercedes only make 100,000 cars a year at 35 grand a pop, so the chavs can only afford a clapped Focus, does that mean that the Merc Market is overheating?

Well housing is a basic need, whereas personal transport is not. Still, lets go with your comparison. The point is many first time buyers can't even afford a clapped out Focus if the market rate for a 15 year old model that barely scrapes through an MOT costs £20k.

58 minutes ago, DingTheRioja said:

Jesus fucking christ...

This comment  "The housing market never does, same as the FTSE"  belongs with this comment "it did not "correct" itself" hence the current FTSE hitting record levels, again.

"This is not overheating."  is about the entire paragraph stating that people simply cannot afford to live where they want is not the same as overheating.

Until you get your tranny head out from your greased-up arse, shut up.

In the world according to Ding, wanting to buy a £500k house in central London on £25k pa because you're a thick lazy fuck with no savings does not equate to overheating.  There are shit loads of houses round here in decent areas for normal prices, prices than are affordable to FTB, but the problem is they want the 4 bed detached now, not the 2 bed terrace starter home and they won't save a decent deposit.

I bought my first house in the Yorkshire Dales National Park, it cost 100k, I paid a deposit of 25k because I saved up, my then salary would not have afforded me a greater than £75k mortgage.  Some of my mates were earning the same as me, blew thousands on shit they didn't need, they complained there was a housing shortage and the incomers were pricing locals out of the market. they had to move out of the area they grew up in or rent.

I had a better car than them, better and more holidays.  And bought my own house. There was no shortage, no price increasing incomers, just useless cunts who blame someone else for their shit.  I also drank more beer than them.

Every person I see on shit like Location, Location has a million high end gadgets, does all the latest trendy bollocks and reckon they can't save up a deposit.  They want the massive house and the massive lifestyle without earning or paying for it.  The rich are rich, the poor are poor, so fucking work to change your lot and stop your entitlement.  Stop buying new iPhones & iPads every year, stop buying the latest useless trinket and in a few years you'll have saved up 20k without even fucking trying. 

You've lost it, ding, big time. Move on and stop embarrassing yourself.

18 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

Is the still trying?

Maybe if we tell him in GIF format:

ea32011e32a69edad588613cb04f794e.gif

Whilst ding loves a gif more than pinky loves BBC in his back passage, he just never learns. 

You weren't here for the shitting stick-man saga. The cloth cap wearing, Kes watching cunt is beyond help. 

Guest DingTheRioja
2 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Well housing is a basic need, whereas personal transport is not. Still, lets go with your comparison. The point is many first time buyers can't even afford a clapped out Focus if the market rate for a 15 year old model that barely scrapes through an MOT costs £20k.

Owning a house is not a basic need, renting is a perfectly viable option, same as not having a car and being a buswanker, you might not like it, but it's viable and affordable, cut your cloth and all that shite.

Plenty of towns and cities have half decent 2 bed terraces around 100k, if you can't afford that, get a better fucking job and stop whining. 

Guest Snatch
3 hours ago, DingTheRioja said:

@SnatchThis time I'm stopping, I needed the fluffy kitten to save my sanity....

Do you want me to polish this from the inside?

17750010178_420x420.jpg

That's Blubbas job.

Guest Spanky
8 hours ago, Ape said:

I don't give a flying fuck about any of this tedious shit. Stick your BTL and your overheating up your fucking arses.

Oh, and fuck off Jazz.

Once all the homeless people this nom is about deal with their mental health problems; substance abuse issues; stench of piss and shit from years in the same clothes, perhaps they could get a job. After a while, maybe they could get on the property ladder. Maybe a little later on, they could use the equity they have built up in their property to enter the BtL market. Maybe after a while, they might even give a fuck about the Royal Society of Economics and could engage with @DingTheRioja and @Mrs Roops in a fucking mindlessly tedious I'm smarter than you are cuntishness contest on Cunts Corner. That would be fun. 

Edited by Spanky
Because I'm a typo spaz

Guest Snatch
3 hours ago, Punkape said:

Is it some sort of mastubatory machine?

No it's a modern day "What the Butler saw" machine. 

You have to put your head inside for the 3D experience. Give it a try and tell us how you got on.