CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Super Car Sunday’s BBC III

Guest N/A

7 minutes ago, sean5302 said:

If you have moronic politicians still demanding reductions in both and can see a simple software modification to deliver every target, why wouldn't you? 

Mrs Baws demands expensive shiny baubles for her birthday, and a simple bit of insider trading would deliver every year, so why wouldn't I?  Because I don't want to go to fucking jail, that's why.

Guest sean5302
15 minutes ago, Cuntybaws said:

Mrs Baws demands expensive shiny baubles for her birthday, and a simple bit of insider trading would deliver every year, so why wouldn't I?  Because I don't want to go to fucking jail, that's why.

Because insider trading is illegal, you could be jailed.

Trying to deliver physical and chemical impossibilities is not illegal. All of our vehicles were independently assessed by Government bodies. Who are we to comment on their results?

if you think a sensible mpg result can involve removing passenger door mirrors, applying duct tape to smooth the shutline between bonnet and grille, filling the engine with zero viscosity oil, coasting for 40% of the test, fitting narrow tyres and removing 3 of the seats, welcome to Government testing. It's all nonsense.

it all changes next month, though. Why do you think that is?

Guest sean5302
22 minutes ago, Cuntybaws said:

Nuclear fusion, that's the answer. Put a fucking tokamak in it.

Great idea.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2018/08/24/atomic-success-story-amid-doomsday-chatter-brexit/

Apparently the place that was so dangerous they had to change the name from Windscale was a major British success.

The fucking place polluted half the Irish Sea with radioactivity.

It had a fire that almost caused nuclear meltdown, that the Government was too frightened to report. It has now spent £3 billion trying to clean the Thorp recycling plant, but can't finish the job.

Great British success. Where's that 4-eyed bastard so I can tell him?

2 hours ago, sean5302 said:

Answer my question then, if you can see it.

Where is a single TVR available to buy today?

Where are the 12 million TVRs he'll need to compete with VW, Audi (VW), Mercedes, Honda, Toyota, Mazda, Lamborghini (VW), Bugatti (VW), Seat (VW), Skoda(VW), Bentley(VW) and all the rest?

A group of tiny islands, mired in £1.8 trillion debt, trying to compete against the world's mega-players. No wonder your eyes are funny.

2 hours ago, sean5302 said:

Feel free to join. It just annoys me when somebody takes me on in my own subject.

I retired from VW  Gesellschaft. An engineering director.

It was my job to assess competitors and recommend decisions to the managing board. I sent over 30 of my people to help the Indians at JLR plants, but they refused to invest in their processes. I also designed engines, for most of my career.

57 minutes ago, sean5302 said:

The laws of Physics are very clear. If you reduce CO2 emissions to the ridiculous targets set by morons, you increase NOx emissions proportionately.

A lot of chemistry there.

If you have moronic politicians still demanding reductions in both and can see a simple software modification to deliver every target, why wouldn't you? We worked with Siemens and satisfied every politician. Just like every other manufacturer. Next they'll ask you to believe that electric vehicles cause no emissions. And you'll accept it, without question.

Still annoyed at lardy.

48 minutes ago, sean5302 said:

The same stupid politicians who asked manufacturers to make energy efficient kettles, 200 Watts max.

Then I pointed out that it takes 4.2 Joules to raise 1g of water by 1 degree Celsius. The main losses are heat transfer through the wall of the kettle, so the most efficient one is the kettle that boils fastest.

Give the element a massive power rating, for best efficiency. They all shut up. That idiot Ed Balls was the instigator. Complete fuckwit. Never seen him since.

23 minutes ago, sean5302 said:

Because insider trading is illegal, you could be jailed.

Trying to deliver physical and chemical impossibilities is not illegal. All of our vehicles were independently assessed by Government bodies. Who are we to comment on their results?

if you think a sensible mpg result can involve removing passenger door mirrors, applying duct tape to smooth the shutline between bonnet and grille, filling the engine with zero viscosity oil, coasting for 40% of the test, fitting narrow tyres and removing 3 of the seats, welcome to Government testing. It's all nonsense.

it all changes next month, though. Why do you think that is?

As someone who considers all the above to be boring as fuck, let me be the first one to tell you that there is no difference between your rambling shite and the famous post from Scabies giving his verdict on the Rav4.

Both examples are a load of fucking rubbish that makes absolutely no sense to anyone other than the OPs.

Bearing all that in mind, shut the fuck up.

• Like 1

Guest 'eavensabove
7 minutes ago, Decimus said:

As someone who considers all the above to be boring as fuck, let me be the first one to tell you that there is no difference between your rambling shite and the famous post from Scabies giving his verdict on the Rav4.

Both examples are a load of fucking rubbish that makes absolutely no sense to anyone other than the OPs.

For the love of Jesus.

How the hell did you get your hands on Dingo's multi-quote device?  Don't tell me an Island in Greece. He's never left Hull. 

1 hour ago, Decimus said:

I did feel like saying exactly these sentiments whilst I sat reading the boring ramblings of a dog turd and the most uninspired mini rivalry the corners known with the northern wanker and ercetlie arguing over British owned fucking cars,but I felt as uninspired by the end of reading the shit that I couldn't be arsed.

Guest sean5302
9 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

How come you're not languishing in the pokey?

Because I have done nothing wrong.

Every manufacturer's vehicles are required to be submitted to testing before use on the roads. If you know what the required results are, you are entitled to produce results in any way possible. As I wrote, this can include removing 3 seats, using low friction oils, taping up body seams and adjusting exhaust gas output at the particular engine revs measured in the test.

People complain that Amazon pays little tax. Amazon says they pay every penny required by law. Don't like the results, change the tests.

3 minutes ago, sean5302 said:

Every manufacturer's vehicles are required to be submitted to testing before use on the roads. If you know what the required results are, you are entitled to produce results in any way possible. As I wrote, this can include removing 3 seats, using low friction oils, taping up body seams and adjusting exhaust gas output at the particular engine revs measured in the test.

People complain that Amazon pays little tax. Amazon says they pay every penny required by law. Don't like the results, change the tests.

You were just "following orders".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sean5302 said:

I see. I ask 'cos several of your colleagues have been criminally indicted for their part in the VW emissions scandal. As "Director of Engineering...who also designed engines" you would have been the lynchpin and therefore complicit in the plot to install "cheat devices" (together with Bosch, not Siemens as declared by you) which activated to control emissions only when laboratory road conditions were detected by the vehicle's engine management software.

I found your analysis of the British Motor Industry to be flawed in detail and simplistic in approach, the latter perhaps forgivable given the notoriously short attention spans of some of the CC punters. The problem here is that some of us are not stupid and to churn out any old bollox is insulting. That said, you'll do well here. I know at least one punter who will gladly break bread with you.

So this tiny corner of the internet is now home to yet another captain of industry.

In residence we have got a multi-million pound property developer, a doctor, an ex-director of engineering at VW and a writer of scientific papers.

If only it wasnt all complete bullshit, we could enter a team on Eggheads.

• Like 3

Guest sean5302
13 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

I see. I ask 'cos several of your colleagues have been criminally indicted for their part in the VW emissions scandal. As "Director of Engineering...who also designed engines" you would have been the lynchpin and therefore complicit in the plot to install "cheat devices" (together with Bosch, not Siemens as declared by you) which activated to control emissions only when laboratory road conditions were detected by the vehicle's engine management software.

I found your analysis of the British Motor Industry to be flawed in detail and simplistic in approach, the latter perhaps forgivable given the notoriously short attention spans of some of the CC punters. The problem here is that some of us are not stupid and to churn out any old bollox is insulting. That said, you'll do well here. I know at least one punter who will gladly break bread with you.

The problem with assessing data produced only from tabloid newspapers is that it gives a false result. A device is a physical item. A piece of software (written by Siemens) and present on a Bosch ECU is not "a device" as most people know the term to mean. An indictment is just a charge. I could charge you with doing anything, but only a court of law could convict you.

If an emissions test is measuring exhaust gases at particular engine revs, let's say 800rpm while a vehicle is idling, why would I not let the ECU adjust the mixture so that the emissions are minimised in the areas demanded by politicians?There is no subterfuge and the ECU map delivers what is requested by them. If you want low CO2, I can deliver that, but adversely affecting NOx, and vice-versa. I cannot change chemical or physical laws. We have had to introduce new chemistry to neutralise the effects, ie Urea technology. It gives wose results for vehicle performance, environmental cleanliness and consumer cost, but that is what the politicians have now asked for.

Politicians asked that vehicles pass testing during laboratory testing. It is a moot point whether such results were required during normal road use of the vehicles. There is no such requirement under law.

I give my personal assessment of the British Motor industry, both past and present.

Only Honda currently casts its own engine components. Everyone else assembles components sourced across the world. Made in England means nothing, when it just means screwed together. Where do you think the steel for bodies emanates from? The answer will surprise you. Certainly not Port Talbot.

I was pleased to see the novelty of using offensive language here belies the existence of some educated people, capable of sensible debate. Yes, I think i'm going to like it here.

Guest sean5302
9 minutes ago, Decimus said:

So this tiny corner of the internet is now home to yet another captain of industry.

In residence we have got a multi-million pound property developer, a doctor, an ex-director of engineering at VW and a writer of scientific papers.

I have nothing to prove. You can take what I say at face value, or decline. It makes not a jot of difference to me. Since retiring I find I have more time than tasks, which is why I come to Forums like this. If I like them I stay, if not I go. I infest many similar places, but this one is unique with the language, belying the fact that there are highly intelligent folks underneath the obvious chicanery, banter and insults. All quite intriguing.

11 minutes ago, Decimus said:

If only Cuntwad was still here with her ECDL there'd be no stopping us.

20 minutes ago, sean5302 said:

I have nothing to prove. You can take what I say at face value, or decline. It makes not a jot of difference to me. Since retiring I find I have more time than tasks, which is why I come to Forums like this. If I like them I stay, if not I go. I infest many similar places, but this one is unique with the language, belying the fact that there are highly intelligent folks underneath the obvious chicanery, banter and insults. All quite intriguing.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/where-has-sean5302-gone.435440/

For those who wish to know,Sean found his usual posting style incompatible with not annoying or upsetting people who had asked advice,and a number of complaints ensued.

He has not been banned or prevented from posting,but was politely asked to find a way of giving advice without being curt or sometimes frankly rude.

He then chose to delete ALL of his posts,rude or otherwise,and has not returned since.

Virtually everyone here can offer advice politely,and in good spirits.....a few cannot.

This subject is now closed.

58 minutes ago, sean5302 said:

The problem with assessing data produced only from tabloid newspapers is that it gives a false result. A device is a physical item. A piece of software (written by Siemens) and present on a Bosch ECU is not "a device" as most people know the term to mean. An indictment is just a charge. I could charge you with doing anything, but only a court of law could convict you.

If an emissions test is measuring exhaust gases at particular engine revs, let's say 800rpm while a vehicle is idling, why would I not let the ECU adjust the mixture so that the emissions are minimised in the areas demanded by politicians?There is no subterfuge and the ECU map delivers what is requested by them. If you want low CO2, I can deliver that, but adversely affecting NOx, and vice-versa. I cannot change chemical or physical laws. We have had to introduce new chemistry to neutralise the effects, ie Urea technology. It gives wose results for vehicle performance, environmental cleanliness and consumer cost, but that is what the politicians have now asked for.

Politicians asked that vehicles pass testing during laboratory testing. It is a moot point whether such results were required during normal road use of the vehicles. There is no such requirement under law.

I give my personal assessment of the British Motor industry, both past and present.

Only Honda currently casts its own engine components. Everyone else assembles components sourced across the world. Made in England means nothing, when it just means screwed together. Where do you think the steel for bodies emanates from? The answer will surprise you. Certainly not Port Talbot.

I was pleased to see the novelty of using offensive language here belies the existence of some educated people, capable of sensible debate. Yes, I think i'm going to like it here.

Mssrs Schmidt, Liang (USA) & Yun (S.Korea) may disagree with your spurious ("it's only a charge") assertion. All three have been convicted and imprisoned for their misdemeanours. Several criminal court cases are still pending in The States and Germany.

Bosch must be feeling disappointed as they are at the wrong end of a class action lawsuit for their part in the VW Diesalgate, if as you say, Siemens supplied the software. You are now starting to annoy me with the less than honest way you are playing verbal gymnastics. "Cheat device" is appropriate in this case, not least that it was the engine's firmware that was altered and deliberately hidden from government testers.

Incidentally, to pick you up on one of many flaws in your British Motor Industry assessment, more than 50% (not 3%) of JLR components and parts are sourced within the UK. Its the nature of globalisation that complicated machinery is made up of components from around the world. 

10 minutes ago, sean5302 said:

Yes, that was me.

And, your point is?

Just that if you are going to be rude and annoy and upset people, and flounce off in a big huff, then you'll fit in here perfectly. No cunt ever got kicked off the Corner for being too polite.

Motorsport teams employ people to find loopholes in rules all the time. It is the only was progress is made. The entire Dieselgate will have one upside though, and that is to accelerate to demise of diesel power in passenger cars. 

Guest sean5302
36 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Mssrs Schmidt, Liang (USA) & Yun (S.Korea) may disagree with your spurious ("it's only a charge") assertion. All three have been convicted and imprisoned for their misdemeanours. Several criminal court cases are still pending in The States and Germany.

Bosch must be feeling disappointed as they are at the wrong end of a class action lawsuit for their part in the VW Diesalgate, if as you say, Siemens supplied the software. You are now starting to annoy me with the less than honest way you are playing verbal gymnastics. "Cheat device" is appropriate in this case, not least that it was the engine's firmware that was altered and deliberately hidden from government testers.

Incidentally, to pick you up on one of many flaws in your British Motor Industry assessment, more than 50% (not 3%) of JLR components and parts are sourced within the UK. Its the nature of globalisation that complicated machinery is made up of components from around the world. 

Sourced within the UK is nonsensical when such parts emanate from abroad.

I visited a turbocharger manufacturer in Bradford, Borg-Warner, who proudly stated their units were made in the UK. The reality was that every single part had been bought from abroad.

Made in the UK normally means assembled in the UK. I was a regular visitor to JLR UK plants. I don't recognise your figures.

In terms of the software map, it was written to produce exactly the performance we required. It makes no material difference which team wrote it. It is standard industry software, used by almost every manufacturer. It certainly wasn't hidden away. Very few people can read a software map.