CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Another Two Minute Silence

ChildeHarold

Saturday 15 August marks the 75th anniversary of VJ Day.

Although many associate the end of the Second World War with VE Day (Victory in Europe Day), it actually occurred several months later when fighting between the Allied forces and Japan came to an end.

A two-minute silence is being held today to remember those who lost their lives throughout the war.

Not another ceremonial public respect gesture? Why two minutes rather than one? Why THIS and not THAT? Soon we'll be standing up for God Save the Queen. How much commiserating with the past can the PRESENT stand? Instead of breaking our necks looking back or thinking about our history isn't it more essential than ever to look forward? Who are the CUNTS who are behind this - the ones that want all the OLD SHIT to carry on even though it is past its sell by date.*

* OLD SHIT = the failed society called Great Britain

25 minutes ago, ChildeHarold said:

Although many associate the end of the Second World War with VE Day (Victory in Europe Day), it actually occurred several months later when fighting between the Allied forces and Japan came to an end.

A two-minute silence is being held today to remember those who lost their lives throughout the war.

Not another ceremonial public respect gesture? Why two minutes rather than one? Why THIS and not THAT? Soon we'll be standing up for God Save the Queen. How much commiserating with the past can the PRESENT stand? Instead of breaking our necks looking back or thinking about our history isn't it more essential than ever to look forward? Who are the CUNTS who are behind this - the ones that want all the OLD SHIT to carry on even though it is past its sell by date.*

Bleach?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ChildeHarold said:

I would rather give two minutes of my time in memory of those who were worked to death by the Japs building the Thai-Burma railway than give one clap to the dancing wankers at the NHS who have been fiddling the Covid figures for political purposes.

While we're on the subject of railways, there's a train leaving Waterloo at 13.45 heading for Portsmouth. Please be in front of it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Trucking Funt said:

I would rather give two minutes of my time in memory of those who were worked to death by the Japs building the Thai-Burma railway than give one clap to the dancing wankers at the NHS who have been fiddling the Covid figures for political purposes.

While we're on the subject of railways, there's a train leaving Waterloo at 13.45 heading for Portsmouth. Please be in front of it.

You are a classic case of running into the past because you find the present so unsatisfactory. There are no answers there and it's a deliberately time wasting diversionary exercise by the CUNTS who are behind it. 

13 minutes ago, ChildeHarold said:

You are a classic case of running into the past because you find the present so unsatisfactory. There are no answers there and it's a deliberately time wasting diversionary exercise by the CUNTS who are behind it. 

And you are a classic case of terminal fuckwittery that should be treated with a shotgun blast to the head. Showing respect for the ultimate sacrifice made by thousands of men braver than yourself who rid the planet of a bunch of genocidal psychopaths isn't running into the past, it's just saying thanks. Nothing wrong with that.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

0b70c60c347f3155acd0c4d3526674898d70c4f9

Only thing Ashes to Ashes had over Life on Mars was the car, and this scene when she first arrives. The rest got a bit silly, especially the last few episodes.

Ashes to Ashes was complete shite compared with Life on Mars. I'm hoping the new series with John Simm back is going to be a massive improvement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trucking Funt said:

You'll probably die of starvation before it gets to you. If ever

2 hours ago, Trucking Funt said:

And you are a classic case of terminal fuckwittery that should be treated with a shotgun blast to the head. Showing respect for the ultimate sacrifice made by thousands of men braver than yourself who rid the planet of a bunch of genocidal psychopaths isn't running into the past, it's just saying thanks. Nothing wrong with that.

Do it in private Private Jones. Aaaattenshun! 

3 hours ago, ChildeHarold said:

I’ve met cunts like you in real life. Injudicious breeding,  or teenage years of glue sniffing or pulling bongs has left you impotent with rage. You were either never equipped with, or have squandered through your own poor choices, the intellect you need to articulate it. You can continue to rage here, but really, what is the point. You’re a fucking idiot. You can’t outrun it.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, southerncunt said:

I’ve met cunts like you in real life. Injudicious breeding,  or teenage years of glue sniffing or pulling bongs has left you impotent with rage. You were either never equipped with, or have squandered through your own poor choices, the intellect you need to articulate it. You can continue to rage here, but really, what is the point. You’re a fucking idiot. You can’t outrun it.

Feathers ruffled? 

4 hours ago, Trucking Funt said:

Thanks (No song and dance) 

Guest Weary&Disgusted
7 hours ago, ChildeHarold said:

I suspect you are posting as an agent provocateur here, but I will bite anyway.  We observe the silence as a mark of respect for those who fought the war in the pacific, especially those who lost their lives in the struggle.  In one respect it doesn't matter how long ago the war was, because it was such a pivotal event.  Without the sacrifices of our forefathers (who had to deal with some nightmarish horrors which I daresay most of the following generations did/will not have to contend with), we would not be living in the relatively prosperous, relatively liberal society which we sometimes take for granted.  There is a saying that those who forget the mistakes of the past are condemned to repeat them in the future.  We don't want to forget the events of the late 20th century which led to the horrific bloodbath of WW2, because we never again want to find ourselves, as a society, in a similar position again.  

So, in summary, we observe the silence to honour the sacrifices of our forefathers, and to remind ourselves of the fragile nature of peace, and the necessity of eternal vigilance.  

I'm sure other corner bods can think of some different, but related reasons.  

1 minute ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

I suspect you are posting as an agent provocateur here, but I will bite anyway.  We observe the silence as a mark of respect for those who fought the war in the pacific, especially those who lost their lives in the struggle.  In one respect it doesn't matter how long ago the war was, because it was such a pivotal event.  Without the sacrifices of our forefathers (who had to deal with some nightmarish horrors which I daresay most of the following generations did/will not have to contend with), we would not be living in the relatively prosperous, relatively liberal society which we sometimes take for granted.  There is a saying that those who forget the mistakes of the past are condemned to repeat them in the future.  We don't want to forget the events of the late 20th century which led to the horrific bloodbath of WW2, because we never again want to find ourselves, as a society, in a similar position again.  

So, in summary, we observe the silence to honour the sacrifices of our forefathers, and to remind ourselves of the fragile nature of peace, and the necessity of eternal vigilance.  

I find the whole ceremonial of war shit. My father was in India and they treated the Indians with contempt and valued little their lives very similar to the Japs. Above all the English class system made sure it was the young working class boys who took a disproportionate level of the casualties. They never repeated the mistake of the First World War. I think if we should celebrate anything it would be the Pacifists. 

22 minutes ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

As I read that, I'm sure I heard the strains of Elgar's Cello Concerto in the background. 

Guest Weary&Disgusted
30 minutes ago, ChildeHarold said:

I find the whole ceremonial of war shit. My father was in India and they treated the Indians with contempt and valued little their lives very similar to the Japs. Above all the English class system made sure it was the young working class boys who took a disproportionate level of the casualties. They never repeated the mistake of the First World War. I think if we should celebrate anything it would be the Pacifists. 

CH, I can respect pacifists and conscientious objectors, but unfortunately there have been a few occasions in the past where diplomacy and veiled threats won't stop an aggressor, and regrettably, that's when people like our grandfathers or great grandfathers had to be called upon to oppose force with force.  Don't get me wrong, I am not someone who celebrates war, I see it as a genuine tragedy for everyone who lost their lives, be they British or German.  There were a lot of people who could foresee the bloodshed and massive waste of human life on the horizon and did everything they possibly could to prevent a war, but Hitler was absolutely determined to establish his thousand year Reich.  

You are right in saying that the brunt of the casualties were bourn by the working class soldiers, and there were certainly shameful episodes when the lives of Tommies were wickedly squandered, by officers who were incompetent or arrogant, or both.  War is hell, horrific things like this happen.  That's why its important for us to remember it.  

3 minutes ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

CH, I can respect pacifists and conscientious objectors, but unfortunately there have been a few occasions in the past where diplomacy and veiled threats won't stop an aggressor, and regrettably, that's when people like our grandfathers or great grandfathers had to be called upon to oppose force with force.  Don't get me wrong, I am not someone who celebrates war, I see it as a genuine tragedy for everyone who lost their lives, be they British or German.  There were a lot of people who could foresee the bloodshed and massive waste of human life on the horizon and did everything they possibly could to prevent a war, but Hitler was absolutely determined to establish his thousand year Reich.  

You are right in saying that the brunt of the casualties were bourn by the working class soldiers, and there were certainly shameful episodes when the lives of Tommies were wickedly squandered, by officers who were incompetent or arrogant, or both.  War is hell, horrific things like this happen.  That's why its important for us to remember it.  

I don't think any country mans up to the job of remembering in the RIGHT WAY. Everything is false and a cover up - before, during and after a war.