CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

The cost of Veterinary Medicine.

Decimus

My boy has got a pet rat who he thinks the world of, and to be fair, we're all really keen on him. I know they are not every one's cup of tea, but they are actually really sweet, affectionate and intelligent.

Unfortunately, he has been a bit under the weather the past week so I took him to the vets today to see if there is anything they can do. The Vet suggested trying out some anti-biotics and anti-inflammatory meds, which I was willing to try as it would break my sons heart if anything were to happen to him. As he is small, we only needed a tiny dose, so I was expecting a 20 quid bill tops. So imagine my fucking suprise when I am landed with a bill for SEVENTY FUCKING QUID. I nearly had a fucking stroke when I saw it and asked if it was correct, only to be told that it was. I paid it, as I would never have an animal put down unless they were gravely ill and it would be a kindness, regardless of the species, as long as they are not suffering, and he is still happy, eating and in no visible pain.

It's disgusting how they choose to capitalise on peoples emotions and bonds with their pets. Obviously I do not expect a free service, but the amount of profit they have made today just out of me, must be appallingly high. They are greedy fucking cunts who know that they have got most people against a wall and can hold them to ransom over their emotions. It's even more disgusting that some people will not be able to afford ongoing, or even one off treatments, and the amount of healthy animals that are either needlessly put down or left to degenerate and sicken because of the veterinary sectors greed is fucking disgusting.

• Like 1

I hear what you say, having spunked a small fortune up the wall when the littl'un's rabbit was poorly last year. However, the cost of the actual medicine is usually just a small part of the overall total. The vet's time doesn't come cheap; or the receptionist's. Or the rent, rates, utilities etc. It's still better value than a trip to the fucking dentist.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Properkhunt said:

If one of my boys came home with a rat I would eat the fucking thing, then put my boy down. 70 sovs sounds ok to me, fucking cheap. When the NHS is sold off, it will be £150 for a consultation plus prescription charges for them to suck your cock as you wish, whilst what you need and your emotional concerns will become secondary.

If it decreases the surplus population of pauper scum then I'm all for it, the NHS is a fucking disgrace. As for our rat, I wouldn't even put him in an NHS hospital, let alone one of my relatives, they are fucking disgusting and staffed by a selection of minimum wage, exploited foreigners and cunts with God complexes who think they are owed gratitude for working in an institution that's not fit for purpose.

44 minutes ago, Properkhunt said:

When the NHS is sold off, it will be £150 for a consultation plus prescription charges for them to suck your cock as you wish, whilst what you need and your emotional concerns will become secondary.

Good old Tories, eh? Putting the "n" back in "cuts".

• Like 2

Guest Alfie Noakes

I have the cure for a sick rat. Well two of them, one tabby one ginger. Vet charges arm and a leg for hyperthyroid meds for one of them. £45 per month. Still, worth every penny for the pleasure my family get from them.

Guest Quincy Cockfingers
1 hour ago, Decimus said:

My boy has got a pet rat who he thinks the world of, and to be fair, we're all really keen on him. I know they are not every one's cup of tea, but they are actually really sweet, affectionate and intelligent.

Unfortunately, he has been a bit under the weather the past week so I took him to the vets today to see if there is anything they can do. The Vet suggested trying out some anti-biotics and anti-inflammatory meds, which I was willing to try as it would break my sons heart if anything were to happen to him. As he is small, we only needed a tiny dose, so I was expecting a 20 quid bill tops. So imagine my fucking suprise when I am landed with a bill for SEVENTY FUCKING QUID. I nearly had a fucking stroke when I saw it and asked if it was correct, only to be told that it was. I paid it, as I would never have an animal put down unless they were gravely ill and it would be a kindness, regardless of the species, as long as they are not suffering, and he is still happy, eating and in no visible pain.

It's disgusting how they choose to capitalise on peoples emotions and bonds with their pets. Obviously I do not expect a free service, but the amount of profit they have made today just out of me, must be appallingly high. They are greedy fucking cunts who know that they have got most people against a wall and can hold them to ransom over their emotions. It's even more disgusting that some people will not be able to afford ongoing, or even one off treatments, and the amount of healthy animals that are either needlessly put down or left to degenerate and sicken because of the veterinary sectors greed is fucking disgusting.

My father was a vet, and one of the best parts was that because the veterinary branded drugs were about 7 times the price of human genetic equivalent drugs of different name but identical makeup, we could go round the corner to boots and refil the branded containers at an absurd markup. Which was nice.

Guest DingTheRioja
24 minutes ago, Quincy Cockfingers said:

My father was a vet, and one of the best parts was that because the veterinary branded drugs were about 7 times the price of human genetic equivalent drugs of different name but identical makeup, we could go round the corner to boots and refil the branded containers at an absurd markup. Which was nice.

Just a pity you'd sniffed 90% of the contents before you got back, thereby making it uneconomical... he should have put you down it'd have been a lot cheaper, and more humane.. to the neighbours...

Guest Quincy Cockfingers
6 minutes ago, DingTheDoggie!! said:

Just a pity you'd sniffed 90% of the contents before you got back, thereby making it uneconomical... he should have put you down it'd have been a lot cheaper, and more humane.. to the neighbours...

Actually, the ketamine used to come in big fuck off 2kg tubs before it was reclassified,and cunts kept breaking in to surgery though first couple times it wasn't  noticed it was taken til the local peelers let us know that the UVF or IRA drug dealing scum were pressing them into E looking pills for sale in the local shite clubs, it being the early 90s.

Edited by Quincy Cockfingers

2 hours ago, Decimus said:

Keeping a rat is a disgusting. Rats are permanently incontinent and harbour all sorts of digustusting fleas and parasites. Only a fucking lunatic would give something to a child that was responsible for bubonic plague an the Black Death.

They are also used for depraved acts by knob-jockeys.

Your son should be taken into care immediately.

2 hours ago, Properkhunt said:

If one of my boys came home with a rat I would eat the fucking thing, then put my boy down. 70 sovs sounds ok to me, fucking cheap. When the NHS is sold off, it will be £150 for a consultation plus prescription charges for them to suck your cock as you wish, whilst what you need and your emotional concerns will become secondary.

If it decreases the surplus population... Yes I know I've already posted this, but I've had to post it again to clear the quote box as it won't let me delete it out and I wanna reply to that cunt Punkape

3 hours ago, Punkape said:

Keeping a rat is a disgusting. Rats are permanently incontinent and harbour all sorts of digustusting fleas and parasiteamounty a fucking lunatic would give  something to a child that was responsible for bubonic plague an the Black Death.

You are obviously not as well educated as you think. The bubonic plague was caused by the fleas carrying the bacteria that lived on the rats, AND an equal amount of cats and dogs. As for the rest of your uninformed shite, a pet rat carries no disease and have been bred for docility. Permanently incontinent? That's mice, not rats. They are the perfect pet for children, unlike hamsters they never, or rarely bite, form genuine attachments to their owners, and are intelligent and loving animals.

As for my son being taken into care, I would give a similar suggestion to you if you have somehow managed to breed. I wouldn't want any child, even a 12 fingered, hair lipped drooling spastic that you would produce, to grow up with a father who rejoices in institutions such as the private school sector that promotes the rampant buggery of minors. Now fuck off you stupid, multi ID'd little cunt of a man.

• Like 1

Guest Quincy Cockfingers
54 minutes ago, DingTheDoggie!! said:

Guest Quincy Cockfingers
18 minutes ago, Hokey Gingers said:

We found out to our cost that it`s best not too attached to pets. We had a Beagle but the cunt smoked 60 a day. 

I quite liked the White Album.

Guest DingTheRioja
23 minutes ago, Punkape said:

Keeping a rat is a disgusting. Rats are permanently incontinent and harbour all sorts of digustusting fleas and parasites. Only a fucking lunatic would give something to a child that was responsible for bubonic plague an the Black Death.

Fuck off Frank.

Over the last two years my mate and his wife have spent close to ten grand keeping their dog alive. I'm not sure exactly how old it is but it can't have long to go.

Not being an animal lover I'd have shot the fucker and probably had a better holiday.

3 hours ago, Decimus said:

HOW FUCKING MUCH??????

6 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Over the last two years my mate and his wife have spent close to ten grand keeping their dog alive. I'm not sure exactly how old it is but it can't have long to go.

Not being an animal lover I'd have shot the fucker and probably had a better holiday.

That dog of Candy's is so God damn old he can't hardly walk. ... You wouldn't think it to look at him now but he was the best damn sheep dog I ever ... 'George, I ought to of shot that dog myself, 

I love my dog and if need be, would burgle the Salvation Army centre and steal every charity box for 10 miles around to look after him. Luckily, things aren't that bad but I would if I needed to.

Most depraved serial killers start off torturing / killing animals, anyone that inflicts suffering on any animal needs shooting, espically those dog fighting pikey cunts. Well not any animal, I would be happy to see the sheep set on fire and put out with a hammer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Decimus said:

Sorry about that Decs. But if we didn't have the NHS our medicine would cost that as well. You would be surprised how much a months supply of Ramipril costs. This is why diabetes is costing this country millions a year.