CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Astronomical Distances

Ape™️

Just been watching an interesting programme about stars and super novas, and the distances to some of these objects astronomers casually band around just blow my mind. A single light year - travelling at 186,000 miles per second, for a year, is an almost incomprehensibly vast distance. Some of the objects being observed were hundreds of millions of light years away. Fucking staggeringly huge distances - more than my cunt brain can imagine.

Having already reached the edge of the solar system in just 40-odd years, Voyager 1 would take another 76,000 years to reach the nearest star to the Sun, Proxima Centauri. If it was pointing in the right direction Which it isn't. 

15 minutes ago, Ape said:

Just been watching an interesting programme about stars and super novas, and the distances to some of these objects astronomers casually band around just blow my mind. A single light year - travelling at 186,000 miles per second, for a year, is an almost incomprehensibly vast distance. Some of the objects being observed were hundreds of millions of light years away. Fucking staggeringly huge distances - more than my cunt brain can imagine.

But where did it get you cunt , you were stuck in front of the tv.  186K miles a second my arse. It has taken me 20 minutes to walk 1.5 km from my local bar after consuming copious amounts of great FRENCH beer. Get your cunt brain around that math tosser.

Guest luke swarm
Just now, witheredscrote said:

But where did it get you cunt , you were stuck in front of the tv.  186K miles a second my arse. It has taken me 20 minutes to walk 1.5 km from my local bar after consuming copious amounts of great FRENCH beer. Get your cunt brain around that math tosser.

its fucking miles not km we use here you Roquefort sniffing wankstain. 

Just now, Cuntybaws said:

Having already reached the edge of the solar system in just 40-odd years, Voyager 1 would take another 76,000 years to reach the nearest star to the Sun, Proxima Centauri. If it was pointing in the right direction Which it isn't. 

And after 76,000 years, in universal distance terms, it will have almost not moved at all.

Just now, witheredscrote said:

I think you may be in a wormhole, scroty old chum. Or in some other kind of hole unknown to astronomers but perhaps more familiar to proctologists. 

3 minutes ago, witheredscrote said:

I didn't really expect a thick alcoholic waster like you to contribute anything worthwhile to this nom. Let's face it, you've yet to contribute anything worthwhile to any nom. Fucking moron.

1 minute ago, Ape said:

And after 76,000 years, in universal distance terms, it will have almost not moved at all.

It'd be a cunt if it got there and realised it had forgotten something and had to come back for it. 

8 hours ago, Ape said:

These are just the sort of distances anyone should put between your wife's rancid crotch and themselves.

Maybe Tesco will eventually do manned space flights and you and your ghastly wife can fly "cattle class" to Pluto.

4 minutes ago, Punkape said:

These are just the sort of distances anyone should put between your wife's rancid crotch and themselves.

Maybe Tesco will eventually do manned space flights and you and your ghastly wife can fly "cattle class" to Pluto.

You would still be able to get a whiff back on planet earth. 

Guest Manky

The speed of light is 186,000 miles per second in Britain and 300,000 km per hour in France. No wonder they keep losing wars, have hairy women and drink shit beer.

1 hour ago, Punkape said:

Your references to my wife are becoming tiresome now. Change the record you childish little fool.

Guest Snatch
8 hours ago, camberwell gypsy said:

What like gloves? Because I'm always forgetting my gloves.

Yes love,their gloves and probably their make up mirror as well.

Guest Snatch
34 minutes ago, Manky said:

The speed of light is 186,000 miles per second in Britain and 300,000 km per hour in France. No wonder they keep losing wars, have hairy women and drink shit beer.

It would seem they're not the only ones to have hairy women.

Guest Bill Stickers
2 hours ago, Punkape said:

As much as I hate to admit it, you can be a funny cunt sometimes. Law of averages I suppose.

Guest DingTheRioja
1 hour ago, Bill Stickers said:

As much as I hate to admit it, you can be a funny cunt sometimes. Law of averages I suppose.

Well that's over for another 76,000 years then...