CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

The Need for a new God Person

Guest Lady Penelope

Guest Lady Penelope

Our existing "One True God" has many failings, he has got his own believers fighting to the death and mutilating each other in the name of their version of his word. We have "acts of god" causing death and mayhem generally inflicted upon on the innocent, He leaves millions of innocent children dying of disease and malnutrician .. all in all he is a failure and a cunt for being so arroagant with it. We need a new God and surely he needs to be elected democratically.

35 minutes ago, Lady Penelope said:

Our existing "One True God" has many failings, he has got his own believers fighting to the death and mutilating each other in the name of their version of his word. We have "acts of god" causing death and mayhem generally inflicted upon on the innocent, He leaves millions of innocent children dying of disease and malnutrician .. all in all he is a failure and a cunt for being so arroagant with it. We need a new God and surely he needs to be elected democratically.

This is guaranteed to invoke the Punkape executable.

Guest Quincy Cockfingers
29 minutes ago, Cuntybaws said:

“Thee”, I should have said “thee” - “Vote for me or I'll smite thee”. Fuck it, fallen at the first hurdle.

You're fucking shit at this god business. Stand aside, the old gods are dead, it's Quincy time.

Guest Alfie Noakes

How about a world with no god? I feel the multi punkape ids are ready to pounce! 

You cannot argue reason with people of blind faith. It takes faith to believe in the impossible after all.

My god is OK. Change all the other fuckers.

Isn't the old saying, "Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Well Alfie, that is what it feeis like arguing with you.

6 hours ago, Lady Penelope said:

I propose Tom Hardy.

Guest Wizardsleeve
10 hours ago, Lady Penelope said:

Pen, we don't need a new god, what we need is an awakening among people and the return of critical thinking, logic and reason. Religion has had its run and buggered all and sundry. Time to put it on the shelf, or perhaps a better solution would be to bin it and send it to an incinerator. 

7 minutes ago, Wizardsleeve said:

Pen, we don't need a new god, what we need is an awakening among people and the return of critical thinking, logic and reason. Religion has had its run and buggered all and sundry. Time to put it on the shelf, or perhaps a better solution would be to bin it and send it to an incinerator. 

Excellent Wizardy. Have you read any Nicholas of Cusa btw? He was a 15th century German cunt who knew how to head fuck the sky fairies

Guest Wizardsleeve
7 minutes ago, mothra said:

Excellent Wizardy. Have you read any Nicholas of Cusa btw? He was a 15th century German cunt who knew how to head fuck the sky fairies

I do recall the name from days gone by. 

Guest Quincy Cockfingers
11 hours ago, Wizardsleeve said:

I do recall the name from days gone by. 

You'll not be able to tear yourself away from your Jilly Cooper collection.

Guest DingTheRioja
15 hours ago, camberwell gypsy said:

I propose Tom Hardy.

You mean you proposition Tom Hardy....

21 minutes ago, Quincy Cockfingers said:

You'll not be able to tear yourself away from your Jilly Cooper collection.

He only looks at the front covers.

Guest deebom
11 hours ago, Wizardsleeve said:

I wouldn't say religion itself is a bad thing. Humans are predisposed to question, wonder, make things up, believe. The problem is monotheism, the belief in only one god and that god being the only god, thus meaning that belief in any other god is a bad thing.

From what I can gather this is a relatively recent thing amongst humans. Ancient people had loads of gods, a god for every occasion if you like. You have a plan of some sort, you make offerings ect to the appropriate god and hope that he favours you. This was a personal thing, done by you and you alone, if you had a bigger problem then you might go to see the local Shaman and he put on his costume, took some drugs, did a little dance, talked to the spirits and finished by having a party. Amazingly, this seemed to actually fucking work.

Somewhere along the line, someone decided (Most probably the Egyptians.) that this was a load of bollocks and decided that what was needed was one big god who created everything and we should all be bloody grateful for what he had done for us. Somehow, this stupid fucking idea took hold, spread throughout the middle east and we've been fucked ever since.

5 minutes ago, deebom said:

I wouldn't say religion itself is a bad thing. Humans are predisposed to question, wonder, make things up, believe. The problem is monotheism, the belief in only one god and that god being the only god, thus meaning that belief in any other god is a bad thing.

From what I can gather this is a relatively recent thing amongst humans. Ancient people had loads of gods, a god for every occasion if you like. You have a plan of some sort, you make offerings ect to the appropriate god and hope that he favours you. This was a personal thing, done by you and you alone, if you had a bigger problem then you might go to see the local Shaman and he put on his costume, took some drugs, did a little dance, talked to the spirits and finished by having a party. Amazingly, this seemed to actually fucking work.

Somewhere along the line, someone decided (Most probably the Egyptians.) that this was a load of bollocks and decided that what was needed was one big god who created everything and we should all be bloody grateful for what he had done for us. Somehow, this stupid fucking idea took hold, spread throughout the middle east and we've been fucked ever since.

That's somewhat deeper thinking than we usually get on this site db, nice work. My own view is that either an entity or group of entities planned the creation of the universe in a certain way, or that it happened spontaneously out of nothing, and loads of molecules just happened to form into a double spiral helix leading to life and the evolutionary force. Both of these ideas are utterly ridiculous, but one of them must be true. We aren't equipped to understand what happened or how, so neither I nor anyone else on the planet has a fucking clue about it, except that the answer is definitely 42.

Guest Gong Farmer

Atheism in western society has successfully usurped Christianity and  created a void that's allowing the insidious Islamic religion to replace it. Once the west is completely over run and replaced by Islam then it's purely down to atheism. We had a God, we had a religion, a religion that is/was the basis of our western values,morality,common law and culture, we turned our backs on it and are now having to deal with the consequences, the lack of social cohesion and societal degradation being the result. You don't necessarily have to believe in a Christian God but it's probably preferable to most of he alternatives, at least it gave us in the west something to fight for, we believe in and fight for nothing now. I'm not religious, I don't believe in the Sky Fairy or Father Christmas, I just think that believing in something is better than believing in nothing when it comes to survival. Religion was created out of superstition, superstition relates to self preservation, a deeply ingrained natural phenomenon that conserves, we are all born conservative to conserve and survive. Atheism on the other hand is an evolutionary novelty,  it serves no purpose, is meaningless and is detrimental to a society. We don't need a new God person, we need the old one that served us well for two millennium.

Guest DingTheRioja
19 minutes ago, Gong Farmer said:

Atheism in western society has successfully usurped Christianity and  created a void that's allowing the insidious Islamic religion to replace it. Once the west is completely over run and replaced by Islam then it's purely down to atheism. We had a God, we had a religion, a religion that is/was the basis of our western values,morality,common law and culture, we turned our backs on it and are now having to deal with the consequences, the lack of social cohesion and societal degradation being the result. You don't necessarily have to believe in a Christian God but it's probably preferable to most of he alternatives, at least it gave us in the west something to fight for, we believe in and fight for nothing now. I'm not religious, I don't believe in the Sky Fairy or Father Christmas, I just think that believing in something is better than believing in nothing when it comes to survival. Religion was created out of superstition, superstition relates to self preservation, a deeply ingrained natural phenomenon that conserves, we are all born conservative to conserve and survive. Atheism on the other hand is an evolutionary novelty,  it serves no purpose, is meaningless and is detrimental to a society. We don't need a new God person, we need the old one that served us well for two millennium.

Yep, all those "internal" wars, Inquisitions and crusades, never did no one any harm.

Ban the fucking lot.

Failing that, ban any religious interference with everyday life and laws, in your own home with consenting adults fine, outside the front door, fuck off!

Guest Gong Farmer
2 minutes ago, DingTheRioja said:

Yep, all those "internal" wars, Inquisitions and crusades, never did no one any harm.

Ban the fucking lot.

Failing that, ban any religious interference with everyday life and laws, in your own home with consenting adults fine, outside the front door, fuck off!

The Crusades were about reclaiming Christian lands from invading Islamic hoards. The Catholic church had had a gut full of Muslims invading formally Christian lands and so did something about it. Can't see anyone having the guts to do that now. Western law and the legal system is based on the Christian religion, that's not something that's only applicable to consenting adults behind their own front doors. How about replacing it with Sharia law, see how that pans out in the long run.