CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Nigel Farage

Decimus

Guest judgetwi
25 minutes ago, Jiggerycock said:

What’s wrong with small?

We've done big, empire, global power etc. Maybe small really will be beautiful?

As for the EU, I've said many times what I see is a hijack of a great idea to create a trading and cooperation area between free independent nations. A hijack by a resurgent Germany and a wannabe imperial France backed by globalised corporations and international finance calling the shots in Europe. Its frankly another attempt to build a European empire with German economic backing (they are the only nation really doing well out of the project, ask the Italians, the Greeks, the Spanish etc.)

The Empire dreamers aren't in Britain anymore (done that, been there, got bitten too many times) they are the EU with their plans for European armies, United States of Europe, internal markets advantageous to those who give up sovereignty and join their empire and punishing to those who refuse. A European land based empire by any other name with the imperial capital in Brussels where the empires laws are made and its ruling classes can run things with little or dissent from the serfs they are creating. Reducing the commodity of labour and skill to its lowest worth by creating a vast pool of cheap mobile workers willing to travel and leave their homes and compete with each other for work in a race to the bottom whilst the few get richer and richer.

Taking back control is more than taking back control of a border. We can choose what we get after Brexit if we stop arguing with each other about whether or not we should give up and be part of the European empire or remain a small free and independent nation and just get on with working to create a Britain we'd actually all like to be part of.

Brexit might be nostalgia for some but for others like me it’s the opportunity of a lifetime

Well said Sir! I salute you!

20 minutes ago, William T.D. Stickers said:

What do you base your opinion on out of interest? 

Firstly, forget about stats you may or may not have seen, I've yet to see any figures published by an independent authoritative source. I have seen a report that suggests, and I repeat suggests, that the top consideration, which was overweighed by other considerations when combined together, that having decisions that affect Britain should be made by elected British people. My own opinion and analysis (and BIM that I was a Brexit supporter from the outset) is based on my own professional and personal observations.

46 minutes ago, Panzerknacker said:

Nigels just had his pension docked for financial irregularities. .

Panzerknacker 

At least his position and service warranted a pension scheme in the first place, and it looks as though he'll still receive at least half.

Which pension scheme have you been contributing to throughout your working life, Pansy?

5 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

At least his position and service warranted a pension scheme in the first place, and it looks as though he'll still receive at least half.

Which pension scheme have you been contributing to throughout your working life, Pansy?

Siphoned off money in repeated failed attempts to get a seat in Westminster 

Panzerknacker 

6 hours ago, Jiggerycock said:

Reducing the commodity of labour and skill to its lowest worth by creating a vast pool of cheap mobile workers willing to travel and leave their homes and compete with each other for work in a race to the bottom whilst the few get richer and richer.

Some interesting points Jigs, a few that I would even agree with.

However, I entirely disagree that in essence the EU is exploitative of employees.

First off, the "mobile workers" you are referring to are benefiting from European freedom of movement principles. Economic migrants aren't being impoverished by the EU, but being given the freedom to gain opportunities that they might otherwise not ever have had in their domestic state. The average Polish labourer would disagree that he is being exploited when he can double his wage by leaving Poland.

Secondly, European labour and employment law does not include wage regulation. A culture of low wages, zero hour contracts and endemic working poverty is allowed to continue at the discretion of the legislatures of individual national governments. If the rich are getting richer, it's because domestic policies are enabling them to do so, not EU legislation.

Finally, European labour law has provided employees with numerous rights and protections that in some circumstances weren't already enshrined in national law. Twenty eight paid days holiday per year for full time employees, a maximum working hour week, paid and unpaid leave for parental duties, plus stringent health and safety and equality legislation that protect employees from unsafe and unfair working environments. 

Do you honestly think, regardless of any promises made by the government to the contrary, that these rights will continue to be offered by a Tory government? They might continue with them for five, maybe ten years to avoid political discord. But eventually a Tory government will do what it's always done and shit on the working man whilst sucking the cock of big business.

You say you're excited for the opportunities that Brexit will bring. I say the only people who should be excited are the shareholders and CEO's of big businesses who without the liberal EU inhibiting them will work hand in hand with our national government to fuck us all over.

• Like 1

Guest Bill Stickers
1 hour ago, Mrs Roops said:

Firstly, forget about stats you may or may not have seen, 

Agreed.

1 hour ago, Mrs Roops said:

Firstly, forget about stats you may or may not have seen, I've yet to see any figures published by an independent authoritative source. I have seen a report that suggests, and I repeat suggests, that the top consideration, which was overweighed by other considerations when combined together, that having decisions that affect Britain should be made by elected British people. My own opinion and analysis (and BIM that I was a Brexit supporter from the outset) is based on my own professional and personal observations.

Is that the widely available Ipsos MORI poll shared ad nausem, that polled a whopping 12,000 odd people? 

As far as my feeble little mind is concerned, there were two highly emotive topics that swayed the Brexit vote: immigration and NHS funding. I’m sure a good number of voters were concerned about having decisions that affect Britain made by elected Brits, but they were overshadowed by the two topics above.

Oh, and while you’re at it - fuck off.

No, the report I've seen is not in the public domain. As for the Ipsos one, I would suggest there are a few issues. If you look into the small print, Ipsos MORI admits some of the polling took place during the campaign not after. They justified their position by saying the interviewees were "absolutely certain to vote" or had voted. No checks were made to see if the interviewees were registered voters. We do not know how "over-claim" (ie lying) was factored in the final report. The unexpected result in favour of BREXIT suggests that the decision process was fluid right up to the closing of the poll stations.

The report was seized on by the liberattti who demonised Brexit voters for being thick as the poll highlighted the fact that Remainers were more likely to be better educated and of benefitting a university education forgetting of course that older generations (who were predominately in favour of leaving) did not have the same further education opportunities as made available to those who were virtue signalling allegedly cosmopolitan credentials.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

No, the report I've seen is not in the public domain. As for the Ipsos one, I would suggest there are a few issues. If you look into the small print, Ipsos MORI admits some of the polling took place during the campaign not after. They justified their position by saying the interviewees were "absolutely certain to vote" or had voted. No checks were made to see if the interviewees were registered voters. We do not know how "over-claim" (ie lying) was factored in the final report. The unexpected result in favour of BREXIT suggests that the decision process was fluid right up to the closing of the poll stations.

The report was seized on by the liberattti who demonised Brexit voters for being thick as the poll highlighted the fact that Remainers were more likely to be better educated and of benefitting a university education forgetting of course that older generations (who were predominately in favour of leaving) did not have the same further education opportunities as made available to those who were virtue signalling allegedly cosmopolitan credentials.

A good point. Actual, genuine intelligence is not defined by documentation or educative history. You either have it or you don't. Demonstrated clearly by the number of university graduates who are incapable of changing a tyre or replacing a fuse in a three pin plug. Unfortunately, having a piece of paper to wave about, entitles too many fucking idiots to secure positions which allow them to make unwise decisions on behalf of the rest of us.

• Like 1

Guest White van man
20 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

The problem with those figures are they included students who start off on the floor in the featal position and grow like a tree at drama school as having an education. Half of them can't even work out what sex they are let alone important decisions like the referendum.

5 hours ago, William T.D. Stickers said:

What do you base your opinion on out of interest? 

Christ, Bill. Roops has absolutely smashed your backdoors in today, judging by your uncharacteristic, feeble string of ripostes. You, of all people, subserviently becoming her next 'yes' man. I'm embarrassed for you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ape said:

As far as my feeble little mind is concerned, there were two highly emotive topics that swayed the Brexit vote: immigration and NHS funding. I’m sure a good number of voters were concerned about having decisions that affect Britain made by elected Brits, but they were overshadowed by the two topics above.

Oh, and while you’re at it - fuck off.

I think the third factor which you elude to- life affecting decisions been made by possibly non elected EU pencil necks was a huge reason for a lot of prople voting no. This and lots of stories about straight bananas and throwing away tons of fish have been doing the rounds for donkey's years and become ingrained in some folks psyche that the EU is a big flabby beast only good for making everyone's life more difficult. Combine this with the hordes of darkies in the UKIP poster, massive number to Eastern Europeans nation wide, fears about the NHS which naturally become more scary as you get older, the leave campaign had massive amounts of ammo to apeal to people's base fears. Add the piss poor effort on the other side, it seems so fucking obvious now. 

4 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Christ, Bill. Roops has absolutely smashed your backdoors in today, judging by your uncharacteristic, feeble string of ripostes. You, of all people, subserviently becoming her next 'yes' man. I'm embarrassed for you.

One day some cunt will slay this venomous harpy with a solid and consise argument where her brilliant knowledge of every fucking thing won't be a match for a cunt who's so sure and expert on the subject. I fear it's not young willy boy though. 

2 minutes ago, Stubby Pecker said:

One day some cunt will slay this venomous harpy with a solid and consise argument where her brilliant knowledge of every fucking thing won't be a match for a cunt who's so sure and expert on the subject. I fear it's not young willy boy though. 

Bill's more than capable, Stubbs, which is why it's disappointing to see him put up such an obsequious argument against the Llandudnian encyclopaedia. 

Guest Bill Stickers
11 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Your feedback as always is greatly appreciated wolfie.

How can I argue against figures conveniently never seen in the public domain, and against as you say, the world's leading expert on anything that can be input into a search engine? 

Guest Lady Penelope
11 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Bill's more than capable, Stubbs, which is why it's disappointing to see him put up such an obsequious argument against the Llandudnian encyclopaedia. 

Bill has never been up The Great Orme, until he does he will not have a true world view.

2 hours ago, William T.D. Stickers said:

How can I argue against figures conveniently never seen in the public domain, and against as you say, the world's leading expert on anything that can be input into a search engine? 

I haven't asked you to argue against figures never seen in the public domain. I said all along my assessment is based on professional and personal observations. It was you who chose to pull up a flawed poll via a search engine.

--o0o--

Both sides pay too much attention to the immigration issue in the EU Brexit debate IMO. People forget that for decades there has been rumblings of discontent about the way Project EU was creeping into the minutiae of British life long before immigration reared its head as a symptom of what was wrong about the EU. The last time Britain was invaded was 1066 - independence and self determination is ingrained in the British psyche and it is a foolish politician who tries to steam roll centuries of self determination. Both Blair and Major repeatedly denied a referendum on the matter knowing full well how the electorate would have voted. Thatcher got away with it by negotiating a massive rebate.

Guest White van man
46 minutes ago, Panzerknacker said:

It is my opinion that leaving the union will not alleviate the perceived immigration problem. .I think in return for trade deals you'll be asked to print a lot more visas. .but I'm really only guessing...only time will tell

Panzerknacker 

I don't mind controlled immigration. I run my own business and deal quite a bit with people from abroad and can honestly say I've not met one who i dislike. 

Freedom of movement is between the EU members. I don't know for certain so can only guess that any trade deal the EU and non EU countries have signed didnt involve freedom of movement.