CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Crooked House Pub Fire

Last Cunt Standing

The Crooked House Pub in Himley has stood since the mid 18th Century. The Luftwaffe couldn’t flatten it. It has Listed status. Yet within months of it being bought by mysterious property developers, the place is gutted by mystery fire, and the bulldozers turn up amazingly quickly to level the site. Site access blocked to Fire vehicles to ensure a good inferno before the hoses arrive. 

Seems there are plans in the area for a large Caravan and leisure development. The property developer apparently registered at the same offices as the owner of a local quarry applying to convert their usage permissions. 

You can smell the corruption from here. Look for local councillors getting new extensions and conservatories, an epidemic of early retirement in the local planning department, and as ever typical inattention from Plod. Lots of backslapping at the Lodge and the 19th hole. 

Banana Republic without the Bananas, or the Republic. They’re laughing at you. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

The Crooked House Pub in Himley has stood since the mid 18th Century. The Luftwaffe couldn’t flatten it. It has Listed status. Yet within months of it being bought by mysterious property developers, the place is gutted by mystery fire, and the bulldozers turn up amazingly quickly to level the site. 

Seems there are plans in the area for a large Caravan and leisure development. The property developer apparently registered at the same offices as the owner of a local quarry applying to convert their usage permissions. 

You can smell the corruption from here. Look for local councillors getting new extensions and conservatories, an epidemic of early retirement in the local planning department, and as ever typical inattention from Plod. Lots of backslapping at the Lodge and the 19th hole. 

There's been a timely statement released today by the local authority decrying the demolition and clarifying that it was against regulations.

As someone who knows, when you know, you know.

Wankers.

7 hours ago, Decimus said:

There's been a timely statement released today by the local authority decrying the demolition and clarifying that it was against regulations.

As someone who knows, when you know, you know.

Wankers.

How much have you made out of those sort of deals? 🤑

I went there a couple of times, years ago. It's always sad when a pub disappears, although I'm never sorry to see the end of a tourist attraction.

What is rather disturbing is the extension of mawkish and childish wreath laying to the commemoration of inanimate objects:

Flowers and sympathy cards

I don't think I'd want to use a pub filled with the kind of simpletons that do this stuff.

• Like 2

It reminds me of the matter of the Royal Clarence Hotel in Exeter. Gutted by fire in October 2016, insurance to rebuilt was paid out but nothing done to protect fabric from elements pending restoration. Internal fabric of it and adjacent built now such that approval has been given for the building to be destroyed and replica facade to be constructed in front of building that will have a different use .. modern student apartments most likely. In most European countries a near exact replica would have been built within a couple of years saving as much of the building as possible and the owners would not have permitted run away with the insurance pay out.

18 hours ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

The Crooked House Pub in Himley has stood since the mid 18th Century. The Luftwaffe couldn’t flatten it. It has Listed status. Yet within months of it being bought by mysterious property developers, the place is gutted by mystery fire, and the bulldozers turn up amazingly quickly to level the site. Site access blocked to Fire vehicles to ensure a good inferno before the hoses arrive. 

The sight of a green field or meadow gives the average developer a hard-on. 

10 hours ago, Penny Farthing said:

It reminds me of the matter of the Royal Clarence Hotel in Exeter. Gutted by fire in October 2016, insurance to rebuilt was paid out but nothing done to protect fabric from elements pending restoration. Internal fabric of it and adjacent built now such that approval has been given for the building to be destroyed and replica facade to be constructed in front of building that will have a different use .. modern student apartments most likely. In most European countries a near exact replica would have been built within a couple of years saving as much of the building as possible and the owners would not have permitted run away with the insurance pay out.

Interesting nom until this heap of brain numbing shite appeared. Turn it in you cunt ffs.

20 hours ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

Nice update on this story on the news this morning. Andy Street, “Mayor of the West Midlands” whatever that means says demolition was illegal and the pub will be rebuilt brick for brick, citing public outrage. 

Bravo. I’ll be in the queue for a pint when it opens. 

So that’s that’s that then. All’s well that ends well, the Crooked House will soon rise from the ashes and the locals will all be raising a glass to the Mayor Andy Street, the peoples champion they hoped he’d be when they elected him to the position. I mean he’s made it known at every available opportunity that he’s turned down the annual pay rise to his £80,000 salary since being elected and stepping down from his job as a director of The John Lewis group. God knows how the poor chap has been able to make ends meet on such a pittance, bearing in mind that he has nothing to fall back on apart from his estimated 5 million pounds plus net worth.

If I was one of the more cynical members on here (perish the thought) I might be reminded of that old saying which should  always be a warning sign to the working classes….’Hello I’m from the government and I’m here to help’, but thankfully I’m not so with any luck good old Andy will turn out to be as good as his word and not in any way crooked like the former pub (now a huge pile of burnt bricks) used to be, although he doesn’t actually have the power to mandate  the rebuilding of the pub, which is probably just a technicality or something.

Oh and I almost forgot to mention that he’s also one of those chaps who identifies as a male bottom stabber, so an all round good egg so enjoy your knees up with him Doc. ‘Bottoms up!’

19 hours ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

Nice update on this story on the news this morning. Andy Street, “Mayor of the West Midlands” whatever that means says demolition was illegal and the pub will be rebuilt brick for brick, citing public outrage. 

They might rebuild it but surely it will have to comply with up to date building regulations.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

If you close your eyes it’ll seem just like the good old days in 2021 and 22 shuffling along for hours on end behind thousands of other expressionless guinea pigs, both sleeves rolled up and all muttering under their breath ‘I’m no Granny killer, no fucking way’. 🤣

On 09/08/2023 at 10:25, Penny Farthing said:

The ramblings of a Cunt, fuck off

3 hours ago, King Billy said:

I might be reminded of that old saying which should  always be a warning sign to the working classes….’Hello I’m from the government and I’m here to help’, 

Reaganomics was 40 fucking years ago Bill. Your dogma of small government, deregulation and privatisation has broken your country. There’s shit in the sea, a train from London to Manchester can cost £240, your gas bill might bankrupt you, and you can’t see a doctor for weeks at a time. Meanwhile the Government watch their offshore accounts bulge, as they open another community food bank and lecture the poor on the dangers of wage inflation. It’s genuinely disgusting, and in any other Country you’d be in the streets. 

I’d say the lesson of the last few years is the updated slogan: “Hello, I’m from Private Industry, and I can solve your problem more efficiently, for a small fee”. Caveat emptor. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, King Billy said:

If you close your eyes it’ll seem just like the good old days in 2021 and 22 shuffling along for hours on end behind thousands of other expressionless guinea pigs, both sleeves rolled up and all muttering under their breath ‘I’m no Granny killer, no fucking way’. 🤣

On the other hand if you close your eyes the tinfoil will slip down and envelope your head. You have the feel of a man with too little sleep, Bill. 

5 minutes ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

How dare you. I think a duel is called for. Meet me outside the Crayfish and Olive in twenty minutes. Bring your own Howitzer. 

I choose weapons if you call the time and place. Swords. You can use a Swann & Morton number 3 if that’s all you’ve got.

21 hours ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

I’d say the lesson of the last few years is the updated slogan: “Hello, I’m from Private Industry, and I can solve your problem more efficiently, for a small fee”. Caveat emptor. 

‘Govern me more Daddy’

Our politicians, left and right are with a very few exceptions, a collection of absolutely fucking  greedy, self enriching weasel cunts. No different to the vermin where you currently reside. In bed with Big Pharma, Big Business and simply following the agenda of the tiny globalist elite like the WEF who’ve decided that the experiment laughably labelled as democracy, which was hard and long fought for to win the  freedom of individual citizens to decide the way they want to live without the constant interference of government bleeding them dry and telling them to shut up as they know what’s best for them. The rapidly unfolding new way forward for all you cunts that self gratify yourselves by laughing at those you’ve been constantly told to see as the tinfoil hat brigade won’t seem so great when you wake up and smell the cornflakes (or cricket flakes probably). Anyway fuck off.