CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Sadiq khan

Eddie

43 minutes ago, Goober said:

As far as I'm aware 'no one' has ever been hurt from my gun related activities. 

Ducks, geese, pigeons and game birds are another matter though, but I see no harm in shooting responsibly and taking a few birds for the pot. It certainly beats the hypocrisy of some (not an accusation) who happily eat meat but shudder at the thought of being involved in the killing or processing of those animals. I have to say I get as much enjoyment, if not more, out of observing wildlife as I do shooting it when I'm out in the field. 

I have no issue with hunting for sport as long as the hunter is prepared to eat what he kills.

18 minutes ago, Decimus said:

I've certainly got no issue with it, my brother has provided me with a good number of plump breasted birds over the years lollllzzzz. 

In all seriousness though, he absolutely loves it and I can see the attraction. Alas I've only ever shot clays, but I would love to give the real thing a try. I think there is something immensely instinctive about going out and bringing home food that wouldn't otherwise be on your table but for your own skill and actions. 

Personally I'd love to go deer stalking, but beyond my own romanticised fantasies about it, I've got absolutely no idea about the practicalities or legalities involved in it.

Dear hunting is allowed, you need a licence to do so but there are closed seasons which vary on the breed of dear. You can hunt with guns and a sight hound. Hunting with bows and cross-bows are illegal in the UK.

54 minutes ago, Decimus said:

I've certainly got no issue with it, my brother has provided me with a good number of plump breasted birds over the years lollllzzzz. 

In all seriousness though, he absolutely loves it and I can see the attraction. Alas I've only ever shot clays, but I would love to give the real thing a try. I think there is something immensely instinctive about going out and bringing home food that wouldn't otherwise be on your table but for your own skill and actions. 

Personally I'd love to go deer stalking, but beyond my own romanticised fantasies about it, I've got absolutely no idea about the practicalities or legalities involved in it.

As Roops alluded, you need your DSC certs. The bigger pain in the arse though is getting a firearms certificate. It's just more hassle than it's worth in my opinion. 

Getting a shotgun licence isn't a big deal, you just need a cabinet for your guns and it's £50 to renew it every 5 years. You don't even need to give a reason to justify having shotguns. 

Then you could join one of the many wildfowling clubs in Norfolk. Costs a couple of hundred quid a year. You'd be on probation and get taught the ropes by an experienced member and once you're signed off you're free to stomp around the club's marshes to your heart's content. Quite good fun as long as you don't mind getting muddy. Pays to have a good dog though. 

6 hours ago, Dawn Chorus said:

Leicas are puffs cameras.

Do you have a big Canon?

Leica make some of the best rifle scopes you can buy. Unfortunately, despite being as good as it gets, they price themselves out of the market. The PRS I mentioned costs around £2,350. You can buy an excellent quality scope for around £300, so in effect the Leica name is just a status symbol. 

36 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

I have no issue with hunting for sport as long as the hunter is prepared to eat what he kills.

Everything I ever shot ended up in the freezer and got eaten. I fell out of love with it though and concentrated on field target competition. I think it was after a big rabbit looked at me all soppy and I couldn't pull the trigger. If I'm ever skint enough to not be able to afford to go to the butchers, I'd do it again though.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Hunting with bows and cross-bows are illegal in the UK.

Interestingly enough, being a more robust, outdoorsy and less metrosexual version of me, my brother is also into archery. 

Again this is something I'd always had a vague interest in, but never actively pursued. I rather naively thought it would be quite easy, but I couldn't handle anything he had with any ease unless the draw weight was under 90lb. He can comfortably shoot at 120lb and is capable of drawing a 140lb with intermittent success. What a cunt.

2 hours ago, Goober said:

As far as I'm aware 'no one' has ever been hurt from my gun related activities. 

Ducks, geese, pigeons and game birds are another matter though, but I see no harm in shooting responsibly and taking a few birds for the pot. It certainly beats the hypocrisy of some (not an accusation) who happily eat meat but shudder at the thought of being involved in the killing or processing of those animals. I have to say I get as much enjoyment, if not more, out of observing wildlife as I do shooting it when I'm out in the field. 

How about shooting yourself you gormless berk thus saving us from your deranged prattling on here...

19 minutes ago, Goober said:

Single barreled springer spaniel being loaded with a 2" .410 pork cartridge. Filthy deviant. 

You ever seen one of those Belgian made 'Poachers Companion' .410s?

Double hinged at the barrel break so it folds down to about 18 inches and can be hidden under a jacket. The middle of the stock was usually cut out as well to save weight.

1 minute ago, Eric Cuntman said:

You ever seen one of those Belgian made 'Poachers Companion' .410s?

Double hinged at the barrel break so it folds down to about 18 inches and can be hidden under a jacket. The middle of the stock was usually cut out as well to save weight.

My old man had one, although it had a full stock and I remember the barrel being somewhat longer than 18". He had to have it destroyed, together with a garden gun that essentially shot .22 cartridges when the minimum 24" barrel law was introduced. 

28 minutes ago, Goober said:

Ouch. 

Never mind that shit, after today's sublime performance I'd say that it won't be long until Buendia is off to Arsenal or Spurs. 

I'm sick of the lack of ambition at the club, they'll flog him and maybe one or two others after they get promoted, spend a maximum of twenty five million in the premiership next year, then wonder why they end up relegated.

3 minutes ago, Decimus said:

Never mind that shit, after today's sublime performance I'd say that it won't be long until Buendia is off to Arsenal or Spurs. 

I'm sick of the lack of ambition at the club, they'll flog him and maybe one or two others after they get promoted, spend a maximum of twenty five million in the premiership next year, then wonder why they end up relegated.

Someone told me that Norwich once lost 7-1 to Colchester United. I haven't checked, so it's probably bollocks. Sounds unlikely, I'm not much into football, but I know Norwich are a proper team and Colchester are fucking shit.