CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Flat Earthers

Jake The Muss

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Jake The Muss said:

I have changed my mind the earth is flat, think i was on acid the day i saw the curve.

The true horizon surrounds the observer and it is typically assumed to be a circle, drawn on the surface of a perfectly spherical model of the Earth. Its centre is below the observer and below sea level. Its distance from the observer varies from day to day due to atmospheric refraction, which is greatly affected by weather conditions. Also, the higher the observer's eyes are from sea level, the farther away the horizon is from the observer. For instance, in standard atmospheric conditions, for an observer with eye level above sea level by 1.70 metres (5 ft 7 in), the horizon is at a distance of about 5 kilometres (3.1 mi). When observed from very high standpoints, such as a space station, the horizon is much farther away and it encompasses a much larger area of Earth's surface. In this case, the horizon would no longer be a perfect circle, not even a plane curve such as an ellipse, especially when the observer is above the equator, as the Earth's surface can be better modelled as an ellipsoid than as a sphere.

5 minutes ago, Clavo said:

The true horizon surrounds the observer and it is typically assumed to be a circle, drawn on the surface of a perfectly spherical model of the Earth. Its center is below the observer and below sea level. Its distance from the observer varies from day to day due to atmospheric refraction, which is greatly affected by weather conditions. Also, the higher the observer's eyes are from sea level, the farther away the horizon is from the observer. For instance, in standard atmospheric conditions, for an observer with eye level above sea level by 1.70 metres (5 ft 7 in), the horizon is at a distance of about 5 kilometres (3.1 mi).[2] When observed from very high standpoints, such as a space station, the horizon is much farther away and it encompasses a much larger area of Earth's surface. In this case, the horizon would no longer be a perfect circle, not even a plane curve such as an ellipse, especially when the observer is above the equator, as the Earth's surface can be better modeled as an ellipsoid than as a sphere.

Rather than blatantly copy and paste from Wikipedia, why not simply post a link to the relevant article?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizon

Edited by Ape™️
If you feel the need to bore the fucking pants off everyone with a tedious response to Jake The Muss’ throwaway comment.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Jake The Muss said:

I have changed my mind the earth is flat, think i was on acid the day i saw the curve.

Alright, Bender? How's that idiot cousin of yours, Snatch?

Tell him I said hello and that if he's stopped rattling like a little cry baby, fucking faggot cunt, he's welcome to come back at any time.

2 hours ago, Dyslexic cnut said:

Oh the fucking irony.

This goes back a long way and perhaps @Jake The Mussdoes deserve and apology from myself and others as whilst he was not correct regarding directing seeing the curvature of the earth when he was looking towards the North Atlantic what he did observe was an effect that comes from the earth being  spherical rather than flat. Ape as usual has jumped in with both feet and does need to broaden his horizons.

4 minutes ago, Clavo said:

This goes back a long way and perhaps @Jake The Mussdoes deserve and apology from myself and others as whilst he was not correct regarding directing seeing the curvature of the earth when he was looking towards the North Atlantic what he did observe was an effect that comes from the earth being  spherical rather than flat. Ape as usual has jumped in with both feet and does need to broaden his horizons.

Fuck off

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clavo said:

Monotonous, drab, uninflected, tedious, humourless, bland fucking drivel.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Clavo said:

I am signing some of the contracts off on Monday, If you want to pop in to say hi, I will be in the office from just after 2PM.

Yet more pointless fucking drivel from our bore in residence- the childless freak of indeterminate gender. Your 24/7 presence at your keyboard drags this place down to dullness 

Fuck off

Guest Paulie
28 minutes ago, Stubby Pecker said:

Yet more pointless fucking drivel from our bore in residence- the childless freak of indeterminate gender. Your 24/7 presence at your keyboard drags this place down to dullness 

Fuck off

I was wondering that, since when was the place this empty of posters?

53 minutes ago, Stubby Pecker said:

Fuck off

I forgot to tell you that I kept my phone logged in so that you thought that I was on here 24/7 .. you need to get back to protecting the badgers.