CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

French threaten to cut power supply to Jersey

Guest Weary&Disgusted

2 minutes ago, Dawn Chorus said:

I tend to one third of a stop underexposure for better saturation unless I am shooting towards the light and I have on occasion gone to two stops or more exposure.

Pen, masturbation and directional ejaculation whilst on a bus is fucking disgusting.

1 minute ago, Mrs Roops said:

Phone lenses have miniscule focal lengths but hey, if you think that's good then knock yourself out.

Its horses for courses and I have seen some lovely images taken with mobiles phones .. I have also on a few occasions reshot wedding photos for folk who have foolishly trusted Uncle George, Auntie Flo or their friend who knows how to use his phone  to do the wedding photographs on a phone or ipad.

2 minutes ago, Old Chap Raasclaat said:

In terms of proffesional/picture quality in digital photography does the lens or pixel rate matter most, if it's a combination of the two roughly what ratio?

Unless you are intending to make an image that's large poster/billboard size then 20Mp is sufficient. As far as lens quality goes then the general maxim is spend the same amount of money on the lens that one spends on the camera. Prime lens (ie fixed focal length) gives a better quality than a zoom lens.

4 minutes ago, Old Chap Raasclaat said:

In terms of proffesional/picture quality in digital photography does the lens or pixel rate matter most, if it's a combination of the two roughly what ratio?

I did at one point have a Sony A7 full frame sensor camera which I mostly used via an adapter with Canon lenses. Have a large sensor and good glass does give you the best of all worlds and even when it defaulted to 10mp crop mode with APS lenses the images the detail often seemed better than larger mega pixel shots from APS cameras .. that was simply down to more light hitting the sensor. I moved to M4/3 to lighten the weight of my equipment but I would not claim that its low light performance can actually match the performance of a larger sensor if you were to put Mrs Rs camera side to side for a performance test her system would perform better and into lower lighting condition than would mine simply based on the larger sensor size of her camera.

13 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Unless you are intending to make an image that's large poster/billboard size then 20Mp is sufficient. As far as lens quality goes then the general maxim is spend the same amount of money on the lens that one spends on the camera. Prime lens (ie fixed focal length) gives a better quality than a zoom lens.

And of course a physically larger sensor will often give a better image than a smaller one .. my M4/3 camera has a 20 mega pixel sensor .. a friend's Nikon D500 has a 20 mega pixel APS sensor. I think any photographer would guess that in general the Nikon will deliver better detain and less grain than my camera.

24 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

18 minutes ago, Dawn Chorus said:

I did at one point have a Sony A7 full frame sensor camera which I mostly used via an adapter with Canon lenses. Have a large sensor and good glass does give you the best of all worlds and even when it defaulted to 10mp crop mode with APS lenses the images the detail often seemed better than larger mega pixel shots from APS cameras .. that was simply down to more light hitting the sensor. I moved to M4/3 to lighten the weight of my equipment but I would not claim that its low light performance can actually match the performance of a larger sensor if you were to put Mrs Rs camera side to side for a performance test her system would perform better and into lower lighting condition than would mine simply based on the larger sensor size of her camera.

There seems to be many variables with regards to photo/picture capture quality, as is the same in audio recording/capture quality. The lens seems comparable to the microphone and the pixel rate to the sample rate in audio.

15 minutes ago, Dawn Chorus said:

How does residing near to any particular motorway affect your penis length, Pen?

1 hour ago, Eric Cuntman said:

My 'Guns 'n Ammo' discussion pages are much better than this faggoty, Brooklyn Beckham shit.

I just logged in to say precisely this - although remember that all things are relative.

On 11/05/2021 at 13:56, Mrs Roops said:

Indeed it is, so do yourself a favour and see your GP who will no doubt arrange for you to be tested. There is nowhere on the forum where I acknowledged your qualifications or made reference to same save for remarking that "it sounds like you got nuttin" on account of your deflecting.

You did indeed PM me but at the time It would have been inappropriate for me to refer to it but as you have mentioned the PM, I am of course, no longer required to abide by the PM code of omerta. 

I remember the PM very well, I will make no comment except to remark that not even Monumental Cunt would have attempted such a flagrant farrago of fiction. Reading the PM which contained a potted C.V. gave me a genuine LOL moment. I recall that the words "sad" and "tosser" sprung to mind...

17 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Oh for Gawd's sake. Roops has clearly stated, and I quote: 'Reading the PM (from DC) which contained a potted C.V.', while, on 3-4 occasions, you've said: 'I did in fact only PM you with my qualifications'.

A brief outline of qualifications is not the same as a potted CV. One of you is therefore bullshitting.

What have you got to say about this, @Mrs Roops?

On 11/05/2021 at 21:30, Decimus said:

What's going on here? As far as I can ascertain, DC allegedly sent a CV to Roops via PM, but it wasn't a CV, and it didn't have personal information, but it proved his credentials, and it was actually a CV, but then it was never actually sent, but Roops read it regardless.

To the casual observer, none of the above makes any sense, which it wouldn't, because it's all tedious "he said, she said" schoolyard bollocks. 

I haven't got a dog in the fight, but instead of going round in circles I'd suggest that one of you either screenshots the PM or you both fucking shut up. 

Put your cards on the table, one of you is lying.

Right then Roops, seeing as you've avoided responding to all questions about whether or not DC sent you a full CV, which he denies and claims he only sent you a brief outline of his qualifications, I therefore assume @Dyslexic cnut is the half telling truth. Unless you can prove he sent you a full, potted and structured CV, as you affirm above, then one can only surmise you have been fibbing about the content of the PM.

6 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Right then Roops, seeing as you've avoided responding to all questions about whether or not DC sent you a full CV, which he denies and claims he only sent you a brief outline of his qualifications, I therefore assume @Dyslexic cnut is the half telling truth. Unless you can prove he sent you a full, potted and structured CV, as you affirm, then one can only surmise you have been fibbing about the content of the PM.

It wasn’t even that extensive. It was the actual acronym of two, higher education qualifications which I thought was only fair as I’d ridiculed hers and she had asked for them. ‘CV?’...’potted’ or otherwise is complete bollocks and she knows it. She’s probably busy washing congealed orange peel out of her 1970’s clungebush.

On 11/05/2021 at 13:56, Mrs Roops said:

Indeed it is, so do yourself a favour and see your GP who will no doubt arrange for you to be tested. There is nowhere on the forum where I acknowledged your qualifications or made reference to same save for remarking that "it sounds like you got nuttin" on account of your deflecting.

You did indeed PM me but at the time It would have been inappropriate for me to refer to it but as you have mentioned the PM, I am of course, no longer required to abide by the PM code of omerta. 

I remember the PM very well, I will make no comment except to remark that not even Monumental Cunt would have attempted such a flagrant farrago of fiction. Reading the PM which contained a potted C.V. gave me a genuine LOL moment. I recall that the words "sad" and "tosser" sprung to mind...

I'm finally a member of Mensa, and I'm certain that you'll be penning a letter to Sir Clive Sinclair informing him that convicted criminals should be barred after reading this post... 

Allah Akbar! 

7 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Right then Roops, seeing as you've avoided responding to all questions about whether or not DC sent you a full CV, which he denies and claims he only sent you a brief outline of his qualifications, I therefore assume @Dyslexic cnut is the half telling truth. Unless you can prove he sent you a full, potted and structured CV, as you affirm above, then one can only surmise you have been fibbing about the content of the PM.

Ya jumped up little prat acting like a works convener. I think you've been around long enough to know I don't avoid issues. I haven't avoided any questions, rather I've been waiting for the chump to ply out more rope for him to hang himself...

1 minute ago, Mrs Roops said:

Ya jumped up little prat acting like a works convener. I think you've been around long enough to know I don't avoid issues. I haven't avoided any questions, rather I've been waiting for the chump to ply out more rope for him to hang himself...

Not in the pursuit of inter-member acrimony, of course...