CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Barry Humphries.

southerncunt

I think Australians are a reasonable bunch when it comes to humour, and the only other culture that your humour passes into untranslated and is still as it was. This man was a fucking genius and was taken in by England in the 60s and had a genuine affection for England that was reciprocated. 

Your thoughts?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, southerncunt said:

I think Australians are a reasonable bunch when it comes to humour, and the only other culture that your humour passes into untranslated and is still as it was. This man was a fucking genius and was taken in by England in the 60s and had a genuine affection for England that was reciprocated. 

Your thoughts?

Overused word, but he was undeniably a genius. I was lucky enough to see him perform twice and both times I laughed until my ribs hurt. Liked his painting too. He was one of that wave of Aussie intellectuals, Greer and James among them, who made the UK their stage, to World acclaim. We just won’t see his like again. Is there a modern equivalent?

I particularly loathe the fact that though he is barely cold, the usual humourless mob are weighing in on him being transphobic, racist, and punching down in his comedy. Which thankfully is greeted by most Aussies I’ve spoken to today with the sort of withering put down Barry himself would have crafted, if slightly less poetically. 

Vale, Barry. You’ll be missed. 

• Like 1

I thought he was a funny cunt but no idea what he was like in his private life, back when Barry was doing the dressing up as a woman thing, it was innocent humour, not like today with nefarious political agendas attached that are rammed in to the publics minds at every fucking opportunity. 

28 minutes ago, southerncunt said:

Your thoughts?

Couldn't stand Edna Everage. Not funny at all but Sir Les Patterson was a fucking scream. He really took the piss out of aussie culture with him. Watch his appearances on Parkinson. A very clever man and, unlike most female impersonators, wasn't an iron. RIP 

Stanley Baxter must be shitting himself what with the dog lover cashing his chips in recently 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

Overused word, but he was undeniably a genius. I was lucky enough to see him perform twice and both times I laughed until my ribs hurt. Liked his painting too. He was one of that wave of Aussie intellectuals, Greer and James among them, who made the UK their stage, to World acclaim. We just won’t see his like again. Is there a modern equivalent?

I particularly loathe the fact that though he is barely cold, the usual humourless mob are weighing in on him being transphobic, racist, and punching down in his comedy. Which thankfully is greeted by most Aussies I’ve spoken to today with the sort of withering put down Barry himself would have crafted, if slightly less poetically. 

Vale, Barry. You’ll be missed. 

What the fuck can the youth of today really laugh at. Society has become so rounded and scared to offend that there really is fuck all laugh at. Yes he sailed very close to the wind, but you can only be judged by the time you lived in. And fuck me, was he funny.

3 minutes ago, Jake The Muss said:

I thought he was a funny cunt but no idea what he was like in his private life, back when Barry was doing the dressing up as a woman thing, it was innocent humour, not like today with nefarious political agendas attached that are rammed in to the publics minds at every fucking opportunity. 

He was interviewed once and said “Why is everybody in comedy of the left” which struck a chord with me. He was most likely centre right in his private life, and took the piss out of “the yartz “ at every opportunity. We will not see the likes of him again, and that is a tremendous shame.

32 minutes ago, southerncunt said:

He was interviewed once and said “Why is everybody in comedy of the left” which struck a chord with me. He was most likely centre right in his private life, and took the piss out of “the yartz “ at every opportunity. We will not see the likes of him again, and that is a tremendous shame.

Very true Southern, i remember watching Barry Humphries holds his own in the early 80's when video was in it's infancy..unlike anything i have seen before. Still have a copy on DVD. Barry was well liked in the Muss childhood home, along with Les Dawson, George Carling and many others.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, southerncunt said:

Your thoughts?

That said, with Australia having a population of over a 1/3rd of the UK, you have only given us Barry Humphreys, Paul Hogan and perhaps Adam Hills. In the last 40+ years, that's fucking useless on my scale.

19 minutes ago, Cunty BigBollox said:

That said, with Australia having a population of over a 1/3rd of the UK, you have only given us Barry Humphreys, Paul Hogan and perhaps Adam Hills. In the last 40+ years, that's fucking useless on my scale.

Jim Jefferies is up there with the best stand up comedians in the world at the moment. 

It's not an outright comedy, but I fucking love Mr Inbetween.

2 hours ago, Cunty BigBollox said:

You forgot Mad Max 3 beyond the thundercunt, that film was hilarious.

• Like 1

On 23/04/2023 at 10:38, southerncunt said:

Your thoughts?

Forever a Shackle-dragging Cunt

On 23/04/2023 at 10:38, southerncunt said:

Your thoughts?

You sent us Rolf Harris which won’t be forgotten you criminal marsupial abuser.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eric Cuntman said:

I haven’t spotted you at O’Sullivan vs Brecel. Has dopey old Mitch asked you why Willie Thorne is talking foreign?

I'm here.. sitting down the front behind the lady with the red wooly. This is the last time I take him out. He thinks he's at the darts.

• Like 1