CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Joey Barton : Feminist

On 05/01/2024 at 23:44, Last Cunt Standing said:

Corner stalwarts will appreciate I am somewhat hampered in my appreciation of this story given my distance, but from what I am reading elsewhere, Barton appears to have had some sort of stroke. All very well and good for blokes in the pub or even on certain websites to bemoan the rise of squeaky females in football punditry and sports coverage generally, and his point is not entirely baseless, but for someone in the media to do it, he’s got to be mad, high, or subject to a bet with parties unknown that he can’t become the Andrew Tate of sports journalism. One of the Garys (Neville) has already weighed in in defence of the ladies, and it surely can’t be long before St Gary of Linekershire puts down his sack of Walkers and steps up for the sisterhood. 

So my question for those back in the UK; what’s going on with Barton and how long has he got before he’s carted off to the asylum, or Talksport, which is much the same thing. What a prick. 

A double preposition?

Tsk tsk.

35 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

A double preposition?

Tsk tsk.

Much as I enjoy a good grammatical pile on, I'm afraid that this is not a double preposition. The second “in” is indeed a preposition, but the first occurrence is an adverb forming an integral part of the phrasal verb “weighed in”.

1*0FvVkar9_mMgffxgZC2GgQ.png

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Cuntybaws said:

Much as I enjoy a good grammatical pile on, I'm afraid that this is not a repeated preposition. The second “in” is indeed a preposition, but the first occurrence is an adverb forming an integral part of the phrasal verb “weighed in”.

1*0FvVkar9_mMgffxgZC2GgQ.png

Agreed. I think you'll however agree I've kept out of the grammar Nazism domain with führer LCS recently, and was simply throwing a little provocation out there. Keep your beak out of my feuds, Baws – unless you feel he needs assistance. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Agreed. I think you'll however agree I've kept out of the grammar Nazism domain with führer LCS recently, and was simply throwing a little provocation out there. Keep your beak out of my feuds, Baws – unless you feel he needs assistance. 

Don’t you admonish @Cuntybaws for admonishing you! 
 I think we would both have to admit that neither of us had a clue what he was talking about but it sounded very clever so I am just going to agree with it anyway. 

...and was simply throwing a little provocation out there 

Sorry, I missed that well-disguised trap. I guess bait appropriate for tiddlers isn't appetising to a passing Oceanic Whitetip.

Keep your beak out of my feuds, Baws – unless you feel he needs assistance. 

I remember Wizardsleeve once tried to tell me which posts I could respond to and which I couldn't. Anyone know what happened to him?

3 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

Don’t you admonish @Cuntybaws for admonishing you!  
I think we would both have to admit that neither of us had a clue what he was talking about but it sounded very clever so I am just going to agree with it anyway. 

I almost went for a Lawrence Logic picture rather than Mr Pedantic, but thought better of it at the last moment.

1 hour ago, Cuntybaws said:

Sorry, I missed that well-disguised trap. I guess bait appropriate for tiddlers isn't appetising to a passing Oceanic Whitetip.

I remember Wizardsleeve once tried to tell me which posts I could respond to and which I couldn't. Anyone know what happened to him?

Should 'Oceanic Whitetip' be upper case? I'm not Wizardsleeve. Give it your best shot, oceanic whitetip.

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

You pounced on my typo like an oceantic whitetip, Eric. Speaking of sharks scenting a little blood, where are Frank and Withers?

Yep. Withers is still alive. He pounced on you quicker than I did. It only happens when you say his name. The old cunt’s getting like ‘Candyman’.

4 hours ago, Cuntybaws said:

He sat on his own petard and spontaneously ignited.

20 hours ago, Wolfie said:

A double preposition?

Tsk tsk.

@Cuntybaws has already dealt beautifully with this feeble gumming. Pathetic. 

19 hours ago, Wolfie said:

I’d have thought Fuhrer was capitalised personally. I’ve omitted the umlaut deliberately too, before you get your bloomers all knotted. You’re revealing yourself to be quite the old woman, aren’t you?