CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Channel 4 Comedy

A quick look at "Comedy" in the C4 App search engine confirmed my suspicions that this deeply unfunny branch of our tv culture has cntributed little during its existence.   Outside of INBETWEENERS which is not exactly an original idea there hasn't been a single genuine original offering it getting by on out of date Yankee shows with the cobwebs growing on them like Frasier and The Big Bang and a number of sarcastic panel game shows with non entities pretending to be comedians.  All of this shit even spawns its own spin offs like Friday Night Dinner and the Richardsons.  God help us, no wonder the younger generations seem to lack a sense of humour with this shit being thrown at them.   I am in wonderment, especially with the recent ritualised "expose" "documentary" on Kevin Spacey, which apart from a group of old queens could find interesting, commissioning shows at C4's HQ, at how this channel has kept it's licence to broadcast.   It did some good things when first started up under Jeremy Isaacs and showed such promise, but now it's a fucking local cinema that's gone through the downhill spiral of multiscreens, then bingo hall, boarded up awaiting demolition, broken into and squatted, used for illegal raves, sex parties and a Vietnamese gang for a cannabis farm. 

None of which I was invited to or was offered a taste. 

49 minutes ago, ChildeHarold said:

A quick look at "Comedy" in the C4 App search engine confirmed my suspicions that this deeply unfunny branch of our tv culture has cntributed little during its existence.   Outside of INBETWEENERS which is not exactly an original idea there hasn't been a single genuine original offering it getting by on out of date Yankee shows with the cobwebs growing on them like Frasier and The Big Bang and a number of sarcastic panel game shows with non entities pretending to be comedians.  All of this shit even spawns its own spin offs like Friday Night Dinner and the Richardsons.  God help us, no wonder the younger generations seem to lack a sense of humour with this shit being thrown at them.   I am in wonderment, especially with the recent ritualised "expose" "documentary" on Kevin Spacey, which apart from a group of old queens could find interesting, commissioning shows at C4's HQ, at how this channel has kept it's licence to broadcast.   It did some good things when first started up under Jeremy Isaacs and showed such promise, but now it's a fucking local cinema that's gone through the downhill spiral of multiscreens, then bingo hall, boarded up awaiting demolition, broken into and squatted, used for illegal raves, sex parties and a Vietnamese gang for a cannabis farm. 

Comedy is dead .Fucking radio 4 cunts .That punt and Dennis , fucking hell  Just terrible .They make lenny Henry look a comedic genius.Its all fucking safe woke shite .We are no longer allowed to laugh at an exagerrated self incase it offends  .That was the basis of comedy .It was the reset button for society , the "dont be a  daft cunt " underlying  message that kept tbe masses  in some form of  sane order .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, entitled little cunt said:

Comedy is dead .Fucking radio 4 cunts .That punt and Dennis , fucking hell  Just terrible .They make lenny Henry look a comedic genius.Its all fucking safe woke shite .We are no longer allowed to laugh at an exagerrated self incase it offends  .That was the basis of comedy .It was the reset button for society , the "dont be a  daft cunt " underlying  message that kept tbe masses  in some form of  sane order .

It's part of the smartphone finger clicking generation avoiding face to face contact who always choose impersonal channels of communication and are encouraged by fucking mega companies sucking them dry. 

9 minutes ago, entitled little cunt said:

Black man walks into a doctor’s surgery with a parrot on his shoulder. The doctor says: 

“that’s nice, where did you get it?”

The parrot replies..

”Africa, there’s fucking millions of them”.

- Bernard Manning.

1 hour ago, Eric Cuntman said:

What do you call a dog with wings?

Linda McCartney.

Frank got a job as a magicians assistant. It didn’t last long as he ‘disappeared with a poof’ on the first day.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Old Chap Raasclaat said:

What do you call 4 dogs and a blackbird?

The Spice Girls. Lol.

What do you call four white cunts and a black cunt, 'The Boys Club' Lol lol lol

13 hours ago, ChildeHarold said:

Vic Reeves Big Night Out, Brass Eye, Peep Show, The Comic Strip, The Bullshitters.

It's all in the past though, BLM and woke killed British comedy.

14 hours ago, Eric Cuntman said:

Black man walks into a doctor’s surgery with a parrot on his shoulder. The doctor says: 

“that’s nice, where did you get it?”

The parrot replies..

”Africa, there’s fucking millions of them”.

- Bernard Manning.

I failed my biology exam at the first attempt. I was asked "what is commonly found in cells"?

Apparently "Black people" wasn't the correct answer. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ChildeHarold said:

Aitch, you pretentious little gimp. What exactly do you find funny dare I ask, other than your toes?

I can imagine you as one of those cunts who like to say that Bill Hicks and George Carlin were the seminal stand up artists of your youth and upon whom no other comparison of funniness can ever be made.

Personally I think that they were both absolutely fucking shite and solely liked by the type of highfalutin dickhead who only names them as influential comedians because The Guardian told them so. Or @Frank in other words.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Decimus said:

Aitch, you pretentious little gimp. What exactly do you find funny dare I ask, other than your toes?

I can imagine you as one of those cunts who like to say that Bill Hicks and George Carlin were the seminal stand up artists of your youth and upon whom no other comparison of funniness can ever be made.

Personally I think that they were both absolutely fucking shite and solely liked by the type of highfalutin dickhead who only names them as influential comedians because The Guardian told them so. Or @Frank in other words.

You've left me all flabber and a bit gasted.  

11 hours ago, and said:

Vic Reeves Big Night Out, Brass Eye, Peep Show, The Comic Strip, The Bullshitters.

It's all in the past though, BLM and woke killed British comedy.

So that fucking list of shite on a stick confirmed what I eas on about.  How does one of those cunts you mention compare to Steptoe, Dad's Army, Benjamin Hill Esquire, Dick Emery, Frankie Howerd, or more recently Stella Street or The League of Gentlemen.  Now do us all a favour and go and fuck yourself. 

48 minutes ago, ChildeHarold said:

So that fucking list of shite on a stick confirmed what I eas on about.  How does one of those cunts you mention compare to Steptoe, Dad's Army, Benjamin Hill Esquire, Dick Emery, Frankie Howerd, or more recently Stella Street or The League of Gentlemen.  Now do us all a favour and go and fuck yourself. 

The thread was about Channel Four comedy, if you wanted to change the nom, you should have said so earlier, I can't be arsed trawling through the last 60-70 years of British tv comedy.

4 minutes ago, and said:

The thread was about Channel Four comedy, if you wanted to change the nom, you should have said so earlier, I can't be arsed trawling through the last 60-70 years of British tv comedy.

Well please don't tell ME what MY fucking TERMS OF REFERENCE are!   Are you some sort of fucking dimwit?