CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Rock Paper Scissors

Guest N/A

43 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Interesting, yes. Reliable, no - Alt-right rabble rouser Paul Joseph Watson should always be taken with a hefty dose of salt. Even without the benefit of any formal fact checking, he's made use of a composite earth view of Australia on fire, used rainfall graphs that end in 1990, omitted to say that Australia recorded its highest temperature on the 17th December last and made out that Breitbart colleague James Delingpole is somehow an authoritative commentator on climate change.

Unfortunately the mainstream press isn't much use either, though that's more to do with cost-cutting in research and sub-editing rather than any socially engineered and political agenda. 

Hmm. I'm not sure I agree entirely – not on some of your 'researched' comments on climate change. I'm aware you think you're a world authority on just about every historic and current affairs subject, but where do you source your facts?

I agree the planet is warming at an unprecedented rate, however, I'm still on the fence (as it the scientific community) as to whether the rate is completely man-made, natural, or a combination of both. The recent Aussie bush fires have come under close scrutiny for this reason; as I said there's little doubt about warming but authorities are undoubtedly cashing in on people's guilt and exploiting green taxes as a result. If you want something a little more up-to-date (January 05), see this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=rxHcBDp4J84&feature=emb_logo

On 07/01/2020 at 22:57, Monumental cunt said:

I don’t agree. Some predictions have the population doubling simply by people living longer and just people having two kids each.  We will all be on the planet longer so population inevitably rises by nearly double.  If China ever relaxes their one child policy we are all fucked.

It won’t make another doubling, but even without it, the whole planet is vastly overpopulated anyway and in my opinion- completely fucked.
Now mainly Africa is churning out brownies at four to five per female on average, down from seven or so, which is pushing numbers higher the most. All developed countries are below replacement rate and have been topping up their numbers with migrants. People do live longer in richer countries and getting more decrepit as many push well beyond seventy five or eighty, but that doesn’t make much difference long term. 
 Majority of population growth since the fifties/sixties or so is down to Middle East, Asia, South America and Africa. Hence the growth in numbers and collective “IQ”.

19 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Hmm. I'm not sure I agree entirely – not on some of your 'researched' comments on climate change. I'm aware you think you're a world authority on just about every historic and current affairs subject, but where do you source your facts?

I agree the planet is warming at an unprecedented rate, however, I'm still on the fence (as it the scientific community) as to whether the rate is completely man-made, natural, or a combination of both. The recent Aussie bush fires have come under close scrutiny for this reason; as I said there's little doubt about warming but authorities are undoubtedly cashing in on people's guilt and exploiting green taxes as a result. If you want something a little more up-to-date (January 05), see this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=rxHcBDp4J84&feature=emb_logo

One of the reasons I considered reading statistics was a quote by Mark Twain, 

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please...

That sorta intrigued me - anyone can source and validate facts but the trick is not so much as collecting reliable information but the way data is presented. In the end I played safe and chose a career (albeit a very short one!) as a NHS health professional. Two degrees and an MBA later I also learnt something very valuable, also from Mark Twain - if you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything, but I digress...

So, with that in mind and without facts or stats, people should consider this; I don't think anyone would quibble that levels of man-made toxicity found in land, sea and air is harming not only the earth's delicate eco-system but it is also permeating all levels of the food chain. I also think that most people have the common sense to realise what would happen if one sits in a car with the windows rolled up when the sun is shining. So it goes without saying that if mankind chooses to pump man-made gases and other particulates into the atmosphere then slowly but surely heat, especially infra red heat reflected from the earth is going to be trapped. It shouldn't take a genius to work that out. 

1 hour ago, Mrs Roops said:

That sorta intrigued me - anyone can source and validate facts but the trick is not so much as collecting reliable information but the way data is presented. In the end I played safe and chose a career (albeit a very short one!) as a NHS health professional. Two degrees and an MBA later I also learnt something very valuable, also from Mark Twain - if you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything, but I digress...

So, with that in mind and without facts or stats, people should consider this; I don't think anyone would quibble that levels of man-made toxicity found in land, sea and air is harming not only the earth's delicate eco-system but it is also permeating all levels of the food chain. I also think that most people have the common sense to realise what would happen if one sits in a car with the windows rolled up when the sun is shining. So it goes without saying that if mankind chooses to pump man-made gases and other particulates into the atmosphere then slowly but surely heat, especially infra red heat reflected from the earth is going to be trapped. It shouldn't take a genius to work that out. 

You are Stephen Hawking and I claim my £5.

On 25/01/2020 at 10:33, Mrs Roops said:

Roops.....it’s 2020 nobody gives a fuck about facts.  The world gave up on facts when the internet was invented.  Post something on snapchatfacestalkerbook and it’s bound to be true, isn’t it?   The information and disinformation about global warming, climate change what ever you want to call it is just fucking ridiculous.     One thing is for sure your analogy above is shite.   The planet has a balancing mechanism.  More CO2 means plants grow in more abundance along with sea algae, etc and feed upon the gas.   Methane on the other hand is fucking lethal, and is 25 times more of a green house ozone eating shit than anything.   It’s not man made bye the way, there is some element of truth that cows for burgers are a problem.    However, the current bun up in the sky plays an enormous part that dwarfs all the bullshit on earth.   We are in a cycle where the solar gain is dominant.   This will shift over time and another ice age will be upon us in about 10,000 years.   Hence the cunts have got this covered by changing the original global warming name, to climate change.  Goes both ways now!   Can tax us if temp goes up or down.  Fucking great.

millenium big bollox hoax designed to tax us again, and again.  

10 hours ago, Monumental cunt said:

Roops.....it’s 2020 nobody gives a fuck about facts.  The world gave up on facts when the internet was invented.  Post something on snapchatfacestalkerbook and it’s bound to be true, isn’t it?   The information and disinformation about global warming, climate change what ever you want to call it is just fucking ridiculous.     One thing is for sure your analogy above is shite.   The planet has a balancing mechanism.  More CO2 means plants grow in more abundance along with sea algae, etc and feed upon the gas.   Methane on the other hand is fucking lethal, and is 25 times more of a green house ozone eating shit than anything.   It’s not man made bye the way, there is some element of truth that cows for burgers are a problem.    However, the current bun up in the sky plays an enormous part that dwarfs all the bullshit on earth.   We are in a cycle where the solar gain is dominant.   This will shift over time and another ice age will be upon us in about 10,000 years.   Hence the cunts have got this covered by changing the original global warming name, to climate change.  Goes both ways now!   Can tax us if temp goes up or down.  Fucking great.

Excellent, do nothing 'cos an ice age is due in ten thousand years.

I had a silent chuckle when I read your latest bar-fly lecture. Having poured scorn on internet generated facts, you then proceeded to spew out same sourced theories and questionable science. Describing your post as misinformation is being charitable.

Your misguided holistic solution has its attractions but relying on the planet's balancing mechanism ignores one factor that upsets the scales. Planet earth is roughly four and a half billion years old yet man has been around for only a few million years. Take into account that widespread pollution commenced 250 years ago with the advent of the industrial revolution which correlates with the exponential rate of global warming compared to previous macro-climate changes one can then see that current global warming is man-made where previous ice ages did not have the contributory effects of mankind. You have also misunderstood the complex relationship between methane, CO2 and ozone. To put it as simply as I can, far from "eating" ozone, methane and CO2 create low altitude ozone over and above normal levels which apart from causing respiratory problems actually impede plant growth. At present the loss of half a million square miles (and growing) of existing natural oxygen generating mechanisms is not helping the situation.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Monumental cunt said:

I wouldn’t argue MC. She’s in Mensa, don’t you know. She can curdle milk with a furrow of her brow. 

As for your position on global warming, let’s focus on what we agree on. We are in a post-truth society. Methane in the wrong amounts is dangerous. The sun warms the Earth. Erm.....that’s it.

I’m sure you’ll do the decent thing and offset your carbon footprint next time you fancy a Full Moon Party and a new lady. Boy you’ll be ready. 

12 hours ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

I wouldn’t argue MC. She’s in Mensa, don’t you know. She can curdle milk with a furrow of her brow. 

As for your position on global warming, let’s focus on what we agree on. We are in a post-truth society. Methane in the wrong amounts is dangerous. The sun warms the Earth. Erm.....that’s it.

I’m sure you’ll do the decent thing and offset your carbon footprint next time you fancy a Full Moon Party and a new lady. Boy you’ll be ready. 

When I fuck Thai ladyboys up the arse am I saving the planet by bunging up their methane producing hole?  

1 minute ago, Monumental cunt said:

When I fuck Thai ladyboys up the arse am I saving the planet by bunging up their methane producing hole?  

Alas not. Throwing your Baht around the backstreets of Pattaya attracts more of the  Farang-seeking little whoopsies to the big city, rather offsetting your efforts. And unless you’re going in raw (even you can’t be that stupid) the CO2 from your packet of Titan Ribbed is also likely to make you more Trump than Greta. 

I do admire your honesty having seen what the fuckers eat. An undigested locust leg in the Japs Eye is going to sting. 

13 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

Excellent, do nothing 'cos an ice age is due in ten thousand years.

I had a silent chuckle when I read your latest bar-fly lecture. Having poured scorn on internet generated facts, you then proceeded to spew out same sourced theories and questionable science. Describing your post as misinformation is being charitable.

Your misguided holistic solution has its attractions but relying on the planet's balancing mechanism ignores one factor that upsets the scales. Planet earth is roughly four and a half billion years old yet man has been around for only a few million years. Take into account that widespread pollution commenced 250 years ago with the advent of the industrial revolution which correlates with the exponential rate of global warming compared to previous macro-climate changes one can then see that current global warming is man-made where previous ice ages did not have the contributory effects of mankind. You have also misunderstood the complex relationship between methane, CO2 and ozone. To put it as simply as I can, far from "eating" ozone, methane and CO2 create low altitude ozone over and above normal levels which apart from causing respiratory problems actually impede plant growth. At present the loss of half a million square miles (and growing) of existing natural oxygen generating mechanisms is not helping the situation.

Methane affectively eats the ozone.....bye the way.

YOU nor anyone else understands the complex balance of the planets weathers and climates as we have been studying it for about a nano second.  So don’t even try and get all high and mighty on that one.

we all agree don’t we that the planet warms and cools even without humans and cars or industrial affects.  None were around for the previous several iceages and melts.   

do you ever read any counter theories you don’t agree with, BUT they might just be correct.    There are many many credible scientists out there who have been slammed and debunked simply for stating facts that do not go with the climate change agenda.   Do you not get even the slightest suspicious about such facts?   It’s all too convenient to put all these scientists in the mad box.    When many of them were honored and held high office right up to the point they call foul on climate change.

biggest tax hoax ever being played on gullible dicks like you.  Well done for not researching both sides of ANY arguement again Roops.

3 minutes ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

Alas not. Throwing your Baht around the backstreets of Pattaya attracts more of the  Farang-seeking little whoopsies to the big city, rather offsetting your efforts. And unless you’re going in raw (even you can’t be that stupid) the CO2 from your packet of Titan Ribbed is also likely to make you more Trump than Greta. 

I do admire your honesty having seen what the fuckers eat. An undigested locust leg in the Japs Eye is going to sting. 

What do you know about inserting locust into the Japs eye?  Have you been reading my diary again?

1 minute ago, Monumental cunt said:

What do you know about inserting locust into the Japs eye?  Have you been reading my diary again?

No, but I have been working my way through the obituary columns in the Cotswold local press, and can’t find any evidence for a dead Thai wife anywhere. What have you done with her?

2 hours ago, Monumental cunt said:

Methane affectively eats the ozone.....bye the way.

YOU nor anyone else understands the complex balance of the planets weathers and climates as we have been studying it for about a nano second.  So don’t even try and get all high and mighty on that one.

we all agree don’t we that the planet warms and cools even without humans and cars or industrial affects.  None were around for the previous several iceages and melts.   

do you ever read any counter theories you don’t agree with, BUT they might just be correct.    There are many many credible scientists out there who have been slammed and debunked simply for stating facts that do not go with the climate change agenda.   Do you not get even the slightest suspicious about such facts?   It’s all too convenient to put all these scientists in the mad box.    When many of them were honored and held high office right up to the point they call foul on climate change.

biggest tax hoax ever being played on gullible dicks like you.  Well done for not researching both sides of ANY arguement again Roops.

No it doesn't, it creates ozone, don't worry you only have to read the first two paragraphs of the link. 🙄 If you can't even get that right...

As for the remainder of your specious gibberish, back in October there was a Congressional hearing on global warming and climate change. Included in the expert witnesses were a group of retired Exxon (owners of Esso and Mobil) researchers who, forty years ago, predicted with frightening accuracy the effects of hydrocarbon pollution and this was from oil industry scientists! The petro-chemical industry cover up is making the tobacco industry/cancer scandal look like small potatoes by comparison.

In answer to your question, I'm suspicious of everything and question everything in order to make up make up my own mind. Intellectual sheeple like you tend to go for the easiest route, even to the point on gambling on the minority scientific viewpoint or, as I suspect, on press headlines written 15-20 years ago.

Finally, I don't buy your conspiracy theory that the Climate Change threat has been engineered for tax revenue purposes. If there were no Green legislation, controls or taxes then industry would forge ahead without any thought for environmental concerns thereby realising greater profits and far greater tax receipts than green fiscal measures could ever hope to achieve.

2 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

No it doesn't, it creates ozone, don't worry you only have to read the first two paragraphs of the link. 🙄 If you can't even get that right...

As for the remainder of your specious gibberish, back in October there was a Congressional hearing on global warming and climate change. Included in the expert witnesses were a group of retired Exxon (owners of Esso and Mobil) researchers who, forty years ago, predicted with frightening accuracy the effects of hydrocarbon pollution and this was from oil industry scientists! The petro-chemical industry cover up is making the tobacco industry/cancer scandal look like small potatoes by comparison.

In answer to your question, I'm suspicious of everything and question everything in order to make up make up my own mind. Intellectual sheeple like you tend to go for the easiest route, even to the point on gambling on the minority scientific viewpoint or, as I suspect, on press headlines written 15-20 years ago.

Finally, I don't buy your conspiracy theory that the Climate Change threat has been engineered for tax revenue purposes. If there were no Green legislation, controls or taxes then industry would forge ahead without any thought for environmental concerns thereby realises greater profits and far greater tax revenues.

Lol.....YOU actually believe that big corporates Pay TAX.  Fucking gullible idiot.

You also actually believe the Congress didn’t put up stooges NOW paid to say what the agenda wants to put out. It’s the fucking Congress lol !!!

methane is 25 times more potent as a green house gas than CO2 and reduces the ozone. For fucks sake.  The ozone has disappeared over the poles.  Not expanded.   Idiot.

1 hour ago, Monumental cunt said:

Lol.....YOU actually believe that big corporates Pay TAX.  Fucking gullible idiot.

You also actually believe the Congress didn’t put up stooges NOW paid to say what the agenda wants to put out. It’s the fucking Congress lol !!!

methane is 25 times more potent as a green house gas than CO2 and reduces the ozone. For fucks sake.  The ozone has disappeared over the poles.  Not expanded.   Idiot.

Now you are confusing the properties and effects of low and high altitude ozone (the latter protects the planet from UV rays). There was an issue with the high altitude "ozone hole" which was caused by CFC's and HCFS but a rare episode of world-wide cooperation via the Montreal Protocol led to the banning of certain types of refrigerants and propellants. The ozone is now repairing itself and is at levels similar to levels last recorded in the 1970's. Its expected the ozone hole will be fully repaired in fifty odd years.

The amount of Bacofoil you must get through...

2 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Now you are confusing the properties and effects of low and high altitude ozone (the later protects the planet from UV rays). There was an issue with the high altitude "ozone hole" which was caused by CFC's and HCFS but a rare episode of world-wide cooperation via the Montreal Protocol led to the banning of certain types of refrigerants and propellants. The ozone is now repairing itself and is at levels similar to levels last recorded in the 1970's. Its expected the ozone hole will be fully repaired in fifty odd years.

Ozone recordings in the 1970s......laughable.    It wasn’t understood about what the ozone was until the 1980s.   Fake news kid.

tell me, how the fuck did they measure the ozone before a research satellite was launched?  Step ladder?

you will be telling me next that climate records of world temperatures were accurate 350 years ago.   Bongo bongo land kept digital records of daily temperature fluctuations and emailed them to Sir Isaac Newton.      Who the fuck are you kidding.

you and everyone are clutching at straws. Guessing at best.  Badly.

explain several iceages and melts.  Explain rapid iceages arriving in an afternoon freezing woolly mammoths with summer grass in their bellies, with not a plane in the sky or a car on the roads......errr no roads.  Explain.   

the sun.

9 hours ago, Monumental cunt said:

Ozone recordings in the 1970s......laughable.    It wasn’t understood about what the ozone was until the 1980s.   Fake news kid.

tell me, how the fuck did they measure the ozone before a research satellite was launched?  Step ladder?

you will be telling me next that climate records of world temperatures were accurate 350 years ago.   Bongo bongo land kept digital records of daily temperature fluctuations and emailed them to Sir Isaac Newton.      Who the fuck are you kidding.

you and everyone are clutching at straws. Guessing at best.  Badly.

explain several iceages and melts.  Explain rapid iceages arriving in an afternoon freezing woolly mammoths with summer grass in their bellies, with not a plane in the sky or a car on the roads......errr no roads.  Explain.   

the sun.

I'm sorry, but your repeated position was that ozone "eats" methane, now that you realise your assertion was a pile of cack you're quietly deflecting. I've previously concurred that there has been natural climate changes in the past, the difference this time is the unprecedented rate of change due to man indelibly making his mark on the ecosystem from 250 years ago and onwards. Why not actually read the previous posts. Temperatures up to 800,000 years ago can be determined by difference in ice cap strata thickness extrapolated from ice core samples. The properties of low and high altitude were determined in the 1920's. Ozone or trioxygen (O3) as it is correctly known was discovered in the late nineteenth century.

• Like 1

On 25/01/2020 at 10:33, Mrs Roops said:

Two degrees and an MBA later I also learnt something very valuable

Another valuable lesson darling is don't go arguing with a chap who gets his science facts from Donald Trumps twitter feed. You can't convert the already decided.  

Perhaps a set of satellite images of Svalbard over time? 

10 hours ago, Mrs Roops said:

lol...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stubby Pecker said:

Another valuable lesson darling is don't go arguing with a chap who gets his science facts from Donald Trumps twitter feed. You can't convert the already decided.  

Perhaps a set of satellite images of Svalbard over time? 

lol...

Part of The Corner's remit is to educate and inform, I'll leave the entertainment to the site's funmaesters. 🤡🎈

8 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Part of The Corner's remit is to educate and inform, I'll leave the enterainment to the site's funmaesters. 🤡🎈

Jesus, if you can’t defeat that syphillitic old idiot on a matter of science, I imagine Mensa will be sending Vorderman and Sinclair round to rip off your epaulettes. You are arguing with a man who thinks gases eat each other and is incapable of what Piaget called Theory of Mind. Do something else. 

1 hour ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

Jesus, if you can’t defeat that syphillitic old idiot on a matter of science, I imagine Mensa will be sending Vorderman and Sinclair round to rip off your epaulettes. You are arguing with a man who thinks gases eat each other and is incapable of what Piaget called Theory of Mind. Do something else. 

Rather like the medical profession's finest brains failing to convert the anti-vaxxers I 'spose. Still, point taken, though one finds the least informed can be the most incorrigible of all people.

Anyway, "syphilitic old idiot" - what's going on here? After reading through your chummy convo with him last night I was ready to set up an on-site Friendzone Club, just for the two of you.

Well, if David Attenborough offered any form of challenge to the scientific community he would be ridiculed. All his years of work would be forgotten. A sour way to end his career in its Autumn.  Beardy Bellamy questioned the science and was marginalised. Scientists are paid to study global warming. No global warming means no jobs for the boys. 

If we do not radically change our habits within 14 years it will be too late...... the World is going to end or all humans will be brown bread. Spectrum dwelling Greta says so. No mention of mass consumerism or neutering the handful of corporations that hold us to ransom, whilst being responsible for knocking out goods and products that cause most of the pollution. Taking 200 years of data out of 4 billion years of the planet's existence to paint an Armageddon scenario. Absolutely fucking bonkers. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Well, if David Attenborough offered any form of challenge to the scientific community he would be ridiculed. All his years of work would be forgotten. A sour way to end his career in its Autumn.  Beardy Bellamy questioned the science and was marginalised. Scientists are paid to study global warming. No global warming means no jobs for the boys. 

If we do not radically change our habits within 14 years it will be too late...... the World is going to end or all humans will be brown bread. Spectrum dwelling Greta says so. No mention of mass consumerism or neutering the handful of corporations that hold us to ransom, whilst being responsible for knocking out goods and products that cause most of the pollution. Taking 200 years of data out of 4 billion years of the planet's existence to paint an Armageddon scenario. Absolutely fucking bonkers. 

“How dare you! You have stolen our future.”