CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Happenchance

Penny Farthing

Just heard this word .. never really understood its meaning .. someone just phoned me to tell me that an old neighbour from Crewe had just died .. he used drive me mad when I was on nightsas he had a petrol mower and mowed his lawn twice a week .. the conversation went something like this .. You know old Gregor from number 74 .. yes he was a Pole came here with his mum and dad after the war, well he's just dropped dead. Bad fall off a stepladder changing a light bulb. 87 he was He had covid last year but it was nothing to do with that. He was driving his car again and all that .. went to New Brighton last Tuesday. No he fell off the ladder in December but happenchance he died on Thursday, must have been something to with it. Beryl his wfe is distraught, she came from Abersoch .. I bet you didn't know she was Welsh. She say's she thinking of selling up and moving back to Wales. It would be a big thing for her as she's 82. You know Gregor never spoke to that Pole Johnny PZ from around the corner always claimed that he was a nasty spy.

8 minutes ago, Dawn Chorus said:

Just heard this word .. never really understood its meaning .. someone just phoned me to tell me that an old neighbour from Crewe had just died .. he used drive me mad when I was on nightsas he had a petrol mower and mowed his lawn twice a week .. the conversation went something like this .. You know old Gregor from number 74 .. yes he was a Pole came here with his mum and dad after the war, well he's just dropped dead. Bad fall off a stepladder changing a light bulb. 87 he was He had covid last year but it was nothing to do with that. He was driving his car again and all that .. went to New Brighton last Tuesday. No he fell off the ladder in December but happenchance he died on Thursday, must have been something to with it. Beryl his wfe is distraught, she came from Abersoch .. I bet you didn't know she was Welsh. She say's she thinking of selling up and moving back to Wales. It would be a big thing for her as she's 82. You know Gregor never spoke to that Pole Johnny PZ from around the corner always claimed that he was a nasty spy.

I think I'd have blanked out after the 3rd line. Can't fucking standing cunts who waffle on like that. Just get to the point; "polish bloke up the road; fell off the ladder changing bulb; dead; the silly cunt". Makes it so much easier.

1 hour ago, Dawn Chorus said:

Just heard this word .. never really understood its meaning .. someone just phoned me to tell me that an old neighbour from Crewe had just died .. he used drive me mad when I was on nights as he had a petrol mower and mowed his lawn twice a week .. the conversation went something like this .. 

It's a perfectly good word, used correctly and in context. It's infinitely preferable to text speak or emojis or, by happenstance, to the complete invention of constructs like the double-period used repeatedly above.

32 minutes ago, Cuntybaws said:

It's a perfectly good word, used correctly and in context. It's infinitely preferable to text speak or emojis or, by happenstance, to the complete invention of constructs like the double-period used repeatedly above.

Or is it a double full stop?

23 minutes ago, cuntspotter said:

Or is it a double full stop?

The difference between a period and a full stop is often assumed to be purely a matter of transatlantic preference, but in reality it’s more subtle than that. A full stop, by definition, can only appear at the very end of a sentence, while a period can be used in other places. "Dot” would also be a valid usage here; the one expression that would definitely be wrong is “ellipsis”.

8 minutes ago, Cuntybaws said:

The difference between a period and a full stop is often assumed to be purely a matter of transatlantic preference, but in reality it’s more subtle than that. A full stop, by definition, can only appear at the very end of a sentence, while a period can be used in other places. "Dot” would also be a valid usage here; the one expression that would definitely be wrong is “ellipsis”.

It's a fucking nightmare in my house when Mrs Goober has her full stop. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Cuntybaws said:

Ah, I see!

6 hours ago, camberwell gypsy said:

I think I'd have blanked out after the 3rd line. Can't fucking standing cunts who waffle on like that. Just get to the point; "polish bloke up the road; fell off the ladder changing bulb; dead; the silly cunt". Makes it so much easier.

Its far worse if you meet he face to face .. some of the locals call her Mrs Edgeways because you can't get a word in edgeways.

11 hours ago, Cuntybaws said:

Happenchance there might be crapinpants before he hit the ground.

10 hours ago, Goober said:

It's a fucking nightmare in my house when Mrs Goober has her full stop. 

My missus is in a coma. My friend Mark whose a doctor said to expect a full stop soon. We’ve been friends for years so  I wouldn’t ever question mark. We went to grammar school together.

23 minutes ago, King Billy said:

My missus is in a coma. My friend Mark whose a doctor said to expect a full stop soon. We’ve been friends for years so  I wouldn’t ever question mark. We went to grammar school together.

I was listening to a John Denver album last night. Shame he died so tragically young. I miss him. I wish he was alive now. He could fill out my census. 

Lol.  fuck off

16 hours ago, Cuntybaws said:

I understand teachers have the occasional free period, though I have never quite worked out how one might pay for them otherwise. 

6 hours ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

I understand teachers have the occasional free period, though I have never quite worked out how one might pay for them otherwise. 

Next week, Cunts Corner attempts to reconcile the warring factions on the subject of the Oxford comma. If that whets your appetite, reserve your place now for the upcoming series of debates on "Transformational Grammar versus Generative Semantics".

28 minutes ago, Cuntybaws said:

Next week, Cunts Corner attempts to reconcile the warring factions on the subject of the Oxford comma. If that whets your appetite, reserve your place now for the upcoming series of debates on "Transformational Grammar versus Generative Semantics".

Let's try to avoid any discussion of the inappropriate use of colons though. 

36 minutes ago, Cuntybaws said:

Is that the same as Polygonia c-album?

1 hour ago, Cuntybaws said:

Do you stand with Chomsky on the theory of innateness?