CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

8 hours ago, cuntspotter said:

That’s a Fernandez Les Paul…. Not a Gibson… they are great sounding instruments.

Is that one of those rare instances of getting 95% of the quality for 20% of the price. I'm not into guitars or music in any serious way but I'm fascinated by the devotion to such things and the value placed on them.

Have you heard of a guitarist called 'Vic Flick'? A total background man, but known and appreciated by a lot of big names. He took his 60s Stratocaster into that Las Vegas pawn shop and walked out with 70 grand I think. Because it was the actual guitar he'd used to record the twangy bit at the start of all the Bond films.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eric Cuntman said:

Is that one of those rare instances of getting 95% of the quality for 20% of the price. I'm not into guitars or music in any serious way but I'm fascinated by the devotion to such things and the value placed on them.

Have you heard of a guitarist called 'Vic Flick'? A total background man, but known and appreciated by a lot of big names. He took his 60s Stratocaster into that Las Vegas pawn shop and walked out with 70 grand I think. Because it was the actual guitar he'd used to record the twangy bit at the start of all the Bond films.

In a way, yes. These boys, Fripp and people like Steve Hackett and Martin Barre don’t want to go out with their 1959 Les Pauls so they buy these well made modern guitars…they are around £2k I think. I’ve got a nice collection but I gig with a  Mexican tele and a jazz master hybrid with hum buckers and a trem. Neither of which would cost more than £500 to replace. I’d gig  with a squire jazz master (j mastics) with no problem at all… lovely guitar..under £400. They all do the job . My 60’s and 70’s babies are on the wall at home.

• Like 2