CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

TV CHARITY ADS

ChildeHarold

2 minutes ago, Trucking Funt said:

At the moment no because India's infrastructure is shit but a trade deal with the UK is in the pipeline that will give them access to our financial market where they will be able to raise capital for large infrastructure projects. I believe the UK manufacturing base will eventually shift to India but it will be a gradual process over 10-15 years. A lot of western companies have moved to Vietnam simply because they don't trust the Chinese to simply seize their assets and lock up their executives if their country criticises China.

Plus idle Chinese hands would find even worse mischief to do.

2 minutes ago, Trucking Funt said:

At the moment no because India's infrastructure is shit but a trade deal with the UK is in the pipeline that will give them access to our financial market where they will be able to raise capital for large infrastructure projects. I believe the UK manufacturing base will eventually shift to India but it will be a gradual process over 10-15 years. A lot of western companies have moved to Vietnam simply because they don't trust the Chinese to simply seize their assets and lock up their executives if their country criticises China.

What's wrong with India's infrastructure? Why is it shit? 

15 minutes ago, camberwell gypsy said:

Speaking of China, literally everything I see has 'made in China' written on it. If the world wanted to royally shaft the little cunts for this bat flu that has decimated the world's economy, if every company that has their stuff made there, pulled out and relocated elsewhere, India perhaps, that would totally fuck them up.

Now I'm not an economist so I may be talking bollocks, but is this a viable option?

Too far gone .. by the end of the decade china is likely to have done what the yanks should have done 30 years ago which is to have a base or bases on the moon and plenty of other means to zap the rest of us. America and most of the West has a massive debt with China and China has them held by the short and curlies .. possibly us having left the EU might leave us in a better position to at least co-exist with the Chinese .. sadly they are going to rule the roost for a long time to come as thery are likely to be the main market for our new cottage industries.

5 minutes ago, camberwell gypsy said:

What's wrong with India's infrastructure? Why is it shit? 

Transportation links in India are a joke. Most of its provincial railway system was built during the Raj. The roads are shit as well when you get away from the large cities. Ports need upgrading and more business hubs need to be built. At the moment, India is light years behind China.

3 hours ago, camberwell gypsy said:

Speaking of China, literally everything I see has 'made in China' written on it. If the world wanted to royally shaft the little cunts for this bat flu that has decimated the world's economy, if every company that has their stuff made there, pulled out and relocated elsewhere, India perhaps, that would totally fuck them up.

Now I'm not an economist so I may be talking bollocks, but is this a viable option?

I've got nothing against China. But would they let foreigners run their utilities or build their power stations (then quibble about a fucking 5G tweak when everybody is fucking giving away their private details and data already on fucking 4G) like the UK? It all went wrong under Thatcher. Most Tories couldn't say that though they see the holes and the absurdities piling up. Does anybody in the UK live next to a river on the scale of the Yangtze, Amazon, Nile? Yet year after year people are being drowned out of their homes by what is in my book just predictable seasonal wet weather. It is a fucking case of spending on aircraft carriers (buying a new car) over maintaining and upgrading your infrastructure (fixing the fucking roof) and all the time there's a gravy train starting with the Minister, the Regulators, the Consultants, before you even fucking g get to the foreigners running the fucking shit hole. 

4 hours ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

I agree.  If it was up to me, no British infrastructure would be in the hands of foreigners.  I see it as a national security issue.  

The fucking gravy train starting with the Minister, Consultants, Regulators, others such as legals, before you even get to the foreign cunts running the shit hole. And the way they write to you as a customer is fucking textbook North Korean intimidation. It is a denigration of the paying public authorised by governments who are so cowardly they refuse to accept responsibility. Irresponsible govt means Irresponsible civilians which is why the UK has responded so poorly to this Covid pandemic. 

8 hours ago, Trucking Funt said:

The infrastructure is truly abysmal, but I don’t see India becoming the new power house in Asia, though many economists are betting on that being so. The cheap energy is simply not there to provide support. Raw material and mineral base is lacking. The currency is volatile and so is the country. Their target export markets are on the down slope with populations and large internal debts (particularly property) and so shrinking purchasing power. 
As for the quality of product, it is still awful, though with enough tech and experience it will improve.

Check out their manufacturing data, it looks bad and covid made it worse. I suspect that India will develop a bit more but will not catch up with China. The two will probably meet at some point, on China’s way down.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, White Cunt said:

The infrastructure is truly abysmal, but I don’t see India becoming the new power house in Asia, though many economists are betting on that being so. The cheap energy is simply not there to provide support. Raw material and mineral base is lacking. The currency is volatile and so is the country. Their target export markets are on the down slope with populations and large internal debts (particularly property) and so shrinking purchasing power. 
As for the quality of product, it is still awful, though with enough tech and experience it will improve.

Check out their manufacturing data, it looks bad and covid made it worse. I suspect that India will develop a bit more but will not catch up with China. The two will probably meet at some point, on China’s way down.

India has had its priorities all wrong since independence mainly because it has a massive chip on its shoulder when it comes to dealing with the west. Now it can't sit on the non-aligned fence anymore, it has suddenly realised that it needs to modernise its economy to pay for the enormous defence budget required to stop the chinks from shitting on them. A sign of things to come is that Boris has invited Nerendra Modi to the G7 summit next year which would indicate that he's putting India up for Russia's old seat and its days of non alignment are coming to an end. If a trade deal goes through smoothly with them it will be a massive boost for both countries. India gets our financial expertise and we get their manpower. The yanks will get in on the act as well no doubt and build them a proper military.

The question remains however if Modi is strong enough to maintain power to push through the social and economic changes required to bring India up to western standards.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trucking Funt said:

India has had its priorities all wrong since independence mainly because it has a massive chip on its shoulder when it comes to dealing with the west. Now it can't sit on the non-aligned fence anymore, it has suddenly realised that it needs to modernise its economy to pay for the enormous defence budget required to stop the chinks from shitting on them. A sign of things to come is that Boris has invited Nerendra Modi to the G7 summit next year which would indicate that he's putting India up for Russia's old seat and its days of non alignment are coming to an end. If a trade deal goes through smoothly with them it will be a massive boost for both countries. India gets our financial expertise and we get their manpower. The yanks will get in on the act as well no doubt and build them a proper military.

The question remains however if Modi is strong enough to maintain power to push through the social and economic changes required to bring India up to western standards.

It may all go to pot, judging by the past experience; massive corruption, incompetence, sloppiness, bureaucracy will be dragging progress down. 
India will have to arm itself and that’s where the US, UK and other weapon producers come in to sell their wares and create alliances. But the country is a huge box of frogs and how it will all play out remains a mystery. They certainly need to be prepared or chinks will have them for breakfast. I’m sure the US will be propping them up with the dollar and military equipment to bulwark this end of the world from now more aggressive commies and disrupt the bell end road project where possible.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, White Cunt said:

It may all go to pot, judging by the past experience; massive corruption, incompetence, sloppiness, bureaucracy will be dragging progress down. 
India will have to arm itself and that’s where the US, UK and other weapon producers come in to sell their wares and create alliances. But the country is a huge box of frogs and how it will all play out remains a mystery. They certainly need to be prepared or chinks will have them for breakfast. I’m sure the US will be propping them up with the dollar and military equipment to bulwark this end of the world from now more aggressive commies and disrupt the bell end road project where possible.

Yep! Their military supply chain is the stuff of nightmares. They have French and Russian aircraft using British and Israeli weapons and a Russian Kiev class carrier installed with yank sensors. The chinks would turn them into dog shit within a month if it kicked off tomorrow. What they do have on their side however is the Andaman and Nicobar Islands which if fully militarised, could be used to block the Straits of Malacca and 90% of Chinese shipping if necessary. Many defence analysts now think that the Chinese theatrics in the Himalayas a couple of months back was to distract India away from building up the islands.

Bureaucracy and corruption are sown into Indian society. You only have to look at their utterly rotten police to see that and Modi is going to struggle to change this mindset, especially among the elite who control 99% of the country's wealth. There are also the state legislatures that will need to brought to heel that contain some rabidly xenophobic parties that would make Sinn Fein look like a bunch of compliant Anglophiles and that's before you even get started on the Islamist parties who represent the bulk of India's 200 million Muslims.

The only way I can see how Modi is going to pull this off is with a carrot and stick approach but I'm of the opinion that there's going to be some major social strife there in the years to come before it gets a recognised as a world player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trucking Funt said:

Yep! Their military supply chain is the stuff of nightmares. They have French and Russian aircraft using British and Israeli weapons and a Russian Kiev class carrier installed with yank sensors. The chinks would turn them into dog shit within a month if it kicked off tomorrow. What they do have on their side however is the Andaman and Nicobar Islands which if fully militarised, could be used to block the Straits of Malacca and 90% of Chinese shipping if necessary. Many defence analysts now think that the Chinese theatrics in the Himalayas a couple of months back was to distract India away from building up the islands.

Bureaucracy and corruption are sown into Indian society. You only have to look at their utterly rotten police to see that and Modi is going to struggle to change this mindset, especially among the elite who control 99% of the country's wealth. There are also the state legislatures that will need to brought to heel that contain some rabidly xenophobic parties that would make Sinn Fein look like a bunch of compliant Anglophiles and that's before you even get started on the Islamist parties who represent the bulk of India's 200 million Muslims.

The only way I can see how Modi is going to pull this off is with a carrot and stick approach but I'm of the opinion that there's going to be some major social strife there in the years to come before it gets a recognised as a world player.

Will there be an all inclusive option here too Truckster?

On 25/12/2020 at 18:14, Dawn Chorus said:

I read about some old dear who was so short of money she could not feed herself .. they found out that she was paying "just £3 a week" to more than twenty charities.

I used to pay a little every month to sight savers, until the phone calls started asking if I could increase my monthly donation, they harass the fuck out of you, obviously cancelled the direct debit. Cancer research spend at least 5 million a year on advertising. They previously owned half of Lincoln inn fields in central London, sold the buildings and cashed in, built a new building somewhere outside London and pocketed the rest. Li Ka Shing, a rich cunt gave cancer research 80 million to build a research centre in the grounds of Cambridge hospital, most of the floors are full of sales people running the company, only 1 floor has the men in white coats doing ‘research’ the pay roll of that ‘company’ is scandalous. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I used to pay a little every month to sight savers, until the phone calls started asking if I could increase my monthly donation, they harass the fuck out of you, obviously cancelled the direct debit. Cancer research spend at least 5 million a year on advertising. They previously owned half of Lincoln inn fields in central London, sold the buildings and cashed in, built a new building somewhere outside London and pocketed the rest. Li Ka Shing, a rich cunt gave cancer research 80 million to build a research centre in the grounds of Cambridge hospital, most of the floors are full of sales people running the company, only 1 floor has the men in white coats doing ‘research’ the pay roll of that ‘company’ is scandalous. 

Its always surprised me how £1,000 suits and £500,000 cars for charity CEO's can help cure cancer, blindness, starvation, MS, dysentery and troubled youth... 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Trucking Funt said:

In effect, the high standards of the UK shite hole? Most developing countries are looking well beyond the likes of the UK which is out of date, run down, inefficient and poorly governed. 

On 24/12/2020 at 20:48, ChildeHarold said:

https://www.thirdsector.co.uk/charity-pay-study-2019-highest-earners/management/article/1579223

Every fucking five minutes a charity ad asking for 2,3,5 pounds a month (yeah... what a con trick!) people are having a quiet private family Christmas and being inundated with requests for money by these greasy untrustworthy monkeys. Even the BBC which has shit on the box this year comes up with a second rate panto sponsoring Comic Relief. We need some fucking RELIEF from all the fucking greedy cunts trying to pull our heartstrings and make us feel bad in order to squeeze us. In effect: emotional taxation or psychological bullying. 

AND WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE HUMBLE 5O pence or £1 coin? One of these con men looked straight into the camera and asked for £30! I subsequently Googled his salary and found out he was on £150,000 a year. When I contacted the Charity Commission about that and a few other of these private enterprises in what is a flourishing and largely unregulated part of the British economy, they didn't seem to want to know. They're in on the con trick too. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7389327/amp/Five-figure-rise-charity-bosses-vast-wages-executive-paid-300-000-receives-134-000-boost.html

If you actually believed any of this shite you’ve just posted you wouldn’t steal all your clothes and household ornaments from charity shops.

On 25/12/2020 at 09:53, Dawn Chorus said:

I read the profile of some woman who was on £175k .. it said that she had worked in the charity industry for 23 years.

I’d love to see you get involved in the funeral industry, in a coffin, down a 6ft hole with mud being shovelled in.

On 25/12/2020 at 10:32, Goober said:

Fuck Water Aid. Look what the River Waveney brought me for Christmas. Only 60m from the house now. Cunt. I want God dead. 

Did you get the Speedos I sent you for Christmas Doc? I hope they fit OK. I was going to buy you a jet ski but they were sold out of them and the Speedos seemed a good second choice.

Happy New Year.

On 25/12/2020 at 17:46, ChildeHarold said:

Even the ones dressed up as Father Christmas? I saw a possee of these red and green cunts running amok round the entrance to Morrisons. What gets my goat is the sheer volume of this advertising on the tv - do thet get free or greatly reduced slots from the TV companies just to fill up the five minute slots they are allocated? The level is actually a mental health threat I think far more serious than gambling ads. The Charity ads work on negative emotions and must have a generally depressive effect in the long run. Anybody with a lifestyle circled around lots of tv watching, unavoidably I suppl se for the very elderly or sick, is being bombarded with this shit. 

If you keep on with this charity bashing nonsense I’m going to send the Samaritans round to beat the shit out of you. One phone call is all it takes, or maybe two. They usually hang up as soon as they realise it’s me.

39 minutes ago, King Billy said:

Did you get the Speedos I sent you for Christmas Doc? I hope they fit OK. I was going to buy you a jet ski but they were sold out of them and the Speedos seemed a good second choice.

Happy New Year.

Yeah, I got them. You must have sent me your size, not mine, cuz they weren't big enough to cover a party sausage. 

Fortunately, I didn't need them though. The water levels have dropped about 30 cm since Friday and I'm still nice and dry here. 

• Like 1

Just now, Goober said:

Yeah, I got them. You must have sent me your size, not mine, cuz they weren't big enough to cover a party sausage. 

Fortunately, I didn't need them though. The water levels have dropped about 30 cm since Friday and I'm still nice and dry here. 

If the S is missing from the logo I’ve sent you my own pair by mistake Doc. Don’t worry I’m sure you’ll soon grow into them though. I don’t need them anymore as the Judge told me I’m not allowed to hang around swimming pools anymore for some reason.