CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Goodbye, Nelson.

Decimus

Sky journalist Afua Hirsch has suggested that in the wake of the debate in the USA regarding statues of confederate army figures being destroyed, we should look at our own historical monuments. 

First up is Nelson's column. Apparently, as he held exactly the same views regarding black people as nearly every other cunt 200 years ago, he should not be memorialised and instead be wiped from history. Never mind the fact that he saved the entire nation from conquest, he was allegedly a white supremacist and monster.

How can you apply modern values and social norms to a historical figure who was born nearly three hundred years ago? What the fuck's next? Are we going to be urged to tear down the coliseum, the pyramids, and Hadrian's wall all because a historical culture had the fucking audacity not to have LGBTQ+ marches and a few token blacks in the upper echelons of power?

I'm absolutely fucking sick to death of people being perpetually offended about historical figures and actions in the name of progressive, modern ideals. The very fact that they can't see the irony of linking progression to HISTORY demonstrates how flawed their pathetic arguments are.

In the words of the Rev, I want them dead.

• Like 7

"Afua Hirsch is a writer, broadcaster, barrister and human rights development worker of Ghanaian, English and Jewish heritage." - Wikipedia.

I think Rowan Atkinson put it best: "Do I take it, Savage, that Mr Kodogo is .... a coloured gentleman?"

43 minutes ago, Decimus said:

Sky journalist Afua Hirsch has suggested that in the wake of the debate in the USA regarding statues of confederate army figures being destroyed, we should look at our own historical monuments. 

First up is Nelson's column. Apparently, as he held exactly the same views regarding black people as nearly every other cunt 200 years ago, he should not be memorialised and instead be wiped from history. Never mind the fact that he saved the entire nation from conquest, he was allegedly a white supremacist and monster.

How can you apply modern values and social norms to a historical figure who was born nearly three hundred years ago? What the fuck's next? Are we going to be urged to tear down the coliseum, the pyramids, and Hadrian's wall all because a historical culture had the fucking audacity not to have LGBTQ+ marches and a few token blacks in the upper echelons of power?

I'm absolutely fucking sick to death of people being perpetually offended about historical figures and actions in the name of progressive, modern ideals. The very fact that they can't see the irony of linking progression to HISTORY demonstrates how flawed their pathetic arguments are.

In the words of the Rev, I want them dead.

Does she have anything to say about the other Nelson statue, you know the one in Parliament Square, the bomb maker.

Good nom Decs . Even as a lefty I agree that yesterdays heroes so often become todays twats and vice versa. All  the dedicated statues , plaques , and memorial fucking bouncy castles for all I care are history , nothing more nothing less. We learn from it and move on in our own particular direction.

I mean , we watched the Dunkirk film last week and can you believe it , the railway carriages used in one scene were the wrong vintage for 1940 ! ...what a fucking liberty !

• Like 1

Since Trump got elected the lefties have really turned up the heat in America. It's almost like they want to punish the entire country for daring to go against their wishes and demands. White guilt is rampant over there and students are told how they are personally responsible for the suffering of slaves over 200 years ago by communist professors who've infiltrated the universities and teach this bollocks under the guise of social education.

They're giving the KKK and the Neo Nazis exactly what they want by dragging them back into the limelight - relevance - whilst at the same time being blind to the fact that they look worse than both of them right now with their cowardly little rich kid Antifa movement, braining people with bike locks and calling anyone who dares to speak up against them - or even simply ignore them - fascists and racists whilst pushing for anything that goes against the system that got them where they are today. Now they also want history to change to suit their liking and the only people with the balls to stand up to them are the ones that the entire country has been calling cowards and racists for generations.

When the KKK and Neo Nazis look like the reasonable ones (bar a few bad drivers) you know something has gone wrong.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, colonelkurtz said:

I mean , we watched the Dunkirk film last week and can you believe it , the railway carriages used in one scene were the wrong vintage for 1940 ! ...what a fucking liberty !

The Guardian had a letter in it complaining about the lack of BME,  LGBT  and disabled actors in the film. At least at the start of it. Except for BME and LGBT who weren't in it at all.

Guest Ollyboro

I would have thought Nelson ticked enough modern day 'right on' boxes to satisfy most cunts. A disabled one-eyed, one-armed French batterer who, on his deathbed, leapt out the closet and asked a bloke to kiss him. 

1 minute ago, Ollyboro said:

I would have thought Nelson ticked enough modern day 'right on' boxes to satisfy most cunts. A disabled one-eyed, one-armed French batterer who, on his deathbed, leapt out the closet and asked a bloke to kiss him. 

A true Brokeback story - and not just because of the musket ball lodged in his spine at the time.

7 hours ago, Cuntybaws said:

"Afua Hirsch is a writer, broadcaster, barrister and human rights development worker of Ghanaian, English and Jewish heritage." - Wikipedia.

I think Rowan Atkinson put it best: "Do I take it, Savage, that Mr Kodogo is .... a coloured gentleman?"

He also said "Nelsons Column? Pah! It is Nelson's Willy!! A huge phallus penetrating the sky in the hope that the union produces another Nelson! With a phenomenally large WILLY"

But he doesn't like to talk about that

Guest Drew P Pissflaps

Statues are a memoriam to an influential historical figure providing evidence of the route to where we are now. Sometimes good, sometimes bad.

What next? History lessons that don't teach anything about the nasty, unpalatable stuff and make it all fluffy kittens and other soft, namby - pamby shite. Fuck off.

That said, it was a good move to get rid of the statue of the paedophile from Fulham FC

2 minutes ago, Ape said:

Let's pull down the pyramids and the colosseum too. Let's eradicate all history, so future generations will never know where they came from and how the world, on the whole, is a much improved place to live. Fucking perpetually offended cunts.

tumblr_ktuz3rPoum1qa8vu8o1_500.jpg

• Like 2

My ancestors were involved in the slave trade in Jamaica, sugar and rum manufacture.Much of that fortune found it's way back to Cheshire into farming, land and property.I am a recipient of their endeavours and think their pioneering spirit helped forge a great Empire from which we all benefit still.

They lived by the rules of their time and did well.

Fuck off.