CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Margaret Thatcher statue:

cuntspotter

Members of Kesteven District Council's cabinet will be asked on Tuesday to approve the spend for an event to unveil the monument to the late former prime minister in Grantham town centre.The £300,000 bronze statue, created by sculptor Douglas Jennings, will be placed on a 10ft-high plinth to prevent vandalism, making the entire structure over 20ft tall in total.

Councillors say the sculpture will be a fitting tribute to the Iron Lady, who was born and brought up in the town, and that the local authority will seek to raise as much of the £100,000 as possible through donations from the public and local businesses. But....guess fucking what?? There seems to be backlash over a council's plan to underwrite £100,000 of funding on the unveiling of said fucking statue. It has prompted more than 1,000 people to promise they will turn up at an "egg throwing contest" on the same day.

Ffs what did the local council expect? The most divisive, high handed and flesh crawlingly unsympathetic PM this country has ever had. A women whose own state funeral took place through empty streets at a speed usually reserved for nascar racing. Let them put it up... as someone else commented: “The more I think about this the less I see it as a piece of sculpture and the more I see it as a £100,000 incentive for radical performance art."

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, cuntspotter said:

Members of Kesteven District Council's cabinet will be asked on Tuesday to approve the spend for an event to unveil the monument to the late former prime minister in Grantham town centre.The £300,000 bronze statue, created by sculptor Douglas Jennings, will be placed on a 10ft-high plinth to prevent vandalism, making the entire structure over 20ft tall in total.

Councillors say the sculpture will be a fitting tribute to the Iron Lady, who was born and brought up in the town, and that the local authority will seek to raise as much of the £100,000 as possible through donations from the public and local businesses. But....guess fucking what?? There seems to be backlash over a council's plan to underwrite £100,000 of funding on the unveiling of said fucking statue. It has prompted more than 1,000 people to promise they will turn up at an "egg throwing contest" on the same day.

Ffs what did the local council expect? The most divisive, high handed and flesh crawlingly unsympathetic PM this country has ever had. A women whose own state funeral took place through empty streets at a speed usually reserved for nascar racing. Let them put it up... as someone else commented: “The more I think about this the less I see it as a piece of sculpture and the more I see it as a £100,000 incentive for radical performance art."

The fucking thing will be pulled down and smelted faster than you can say “Union of Democratic Mineworkers”. 

• Like 1

Guest Weary&Disgusted
1 hour ago, cuntspotter said:

I would have thought any funds available would be better invested elsewhere, especially at a time when many people have lost their jobs, or are at least feeling pressured financially.  I actually quite admire Thatcher, but understand that she is seen as a divisive figure.  

Even if the country and the economy were doing relatively well, I think this would be seen as a bit of a strange vanity project, but when people are feeling the pinch, this statue is a really bad idea.  

12 hours ago, cuntspotter said:

She was never 10ft tall, and I wonder if it'll be anatomically correct with a cock and balls.

13 hours ago, cuntspotter said:

A roaring trade then in Liverpool, Glasgow and Newcastle for 21’ ladders?

11 hours ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

I would have thought any funds available would be better invested elsewhere, especially at a time when many people have lost their jobs, or are at least feeling pressured financially.  I actually quite admire Thatcher, but understand that she is seen as a divisive figure.  

Even if the country and the economy were doing relatively well, I think this would be seen as a bit of a strange vanity project, but when people are feeling the pinch, this statue is a really bad idea.  

The amazing incredible money tree. 

Guest Weary&Disgusted
23 minutes ago, ChildeHarold said:

The new breed of slimey tory is quite careful about avoiding creating rallying points so this looks like a colossal tactical error by a legion of the undead Thatcherite Nazis presumably dividing their time between a secret moonbase and Grantham Town Hall. 

I think there might be a horror comedy movie pitch somewhere in that last post Harry.  

1 minute ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

I think there might be a horror comedy movie pitch somewhere in that last post Harry.  

He's lifted the 'moonbase' idea from the film 'Iron Sky'. It proposes that the third reich escaped earth in 1945 and set up a colony on the moon. Superb, but slightly less superb than 'Dead Snow'.

Guest Weary&Disgusted
4 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

He's lifted the 'moonbase' idea from the film 'Iron Sky'. It proposes that the third reich escaped earth in 1945 and set up a colony on the moon. Superb, but slightly less superb than 'Dead Snow'.

CH could try crossing Royston Vasey with Space 1999 to get the appropriate vibe, and could write a role for himself as the heroic but misunderstood shop steward who foils the Nazi zombie councillor's nefarious schemes in the final shocking climax...

Edited by Weary&Disgusted
Irritating corrective text computer poltergheist

14 hours ago, cuntspotter said:

A strange and expensive crowd distraction in the days of pandemic and increased poverty. Are they insane?

24 minutes ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

CH could try crossing Royston Vasey with Space 1999 to get the appropriate vibe, and could write a role for himself as the heroic but misunderstood shop steward who foils the Nazi zombie councillor's nefarious schemes in the final shocking climax...

Harold is SO Royston Vasey. 

I find this emblematic of this awful tory party that has been pissing in the faces of the British people for the last 186 years. 

If they had any bollocks about them, the cunts would tell Westminster council to fuck off and they would put this monstrosity in Parliament square between the Nelson Mandela and Gandhi statues. 

On 03/12/2020 at 06:14, cuntspotter said:

Where there's muck there's brass or in this case where there's brass ....

On 03/12/2020 at 07:41, Weary&Disgusted said:

TBH the biggest cunt was the the one that followed her "Honest" John.

Guest Weary&Disgusted
3 hours ago, Dawn Chorus said:

TBH the biggest cunt was the the one that followed her "Honest" John.

Agreed.  As I understand it, Major was one of those who started selling the UK down the river to the Euromafia...

4 hours ago, The Beast said:

I find this emblematic of this awful tory party that has been pissing in the faces of the British people for the last 186 years. 

If they had any bollocks about them, the cunts would tell Westminster council to fuck off and they would put this monstrosity in Parliament square between the Nelson Mandela and Gandhi statues. 

Love her or hate her, it was her government that gave us Section 28.

For that reason alone I refuse to condemn her as a cunt. If she was about now, we wouldn't be in the position where children are being brainwashed on a daily basis with an aggressive promotion of LGBTQ+ propaganda in both the media and schools.

• Like 2