CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

They/Them teacher cunts

Neil

9 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

Remember when he told Stickers that he'd been to visit his hash dealer? I bet he watched his 1980, VHS copy of 'The Wanderers' for guidance on how 'street people' actually dress.

If only Franks ‘aids’ hadn’t struck quite so viscously he could have played a beautiful rendition of ‘terror’ the leader of the Fordham Baldies….

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

Remember when he told Stickers that he'd been to visit his hash dealer? I bet he watched his 1980, VHS copy of 'The Wanderers' for guidance on how 'street people' actually dress.

Indeed. I can picture the middle-class old wanker sheepishly knocking on the squat door of some huge fucking rasta.

"I heard that you have some grass, maaaaaannn. How much for an eighth?".

800 quid later, he's pretending to Rupert and Corenza that he's blasted when all he's been smoking is oregano.

Fuck I hate him.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Eddie said:

Oh I don’t know fend, the highest tax rate for 70 years, food prices, energy costs, petrol prices, property prices in relation to wages, the super rich avoiding tax with loop holes and off shore accounts. The chancellor who should be closing loopholes knowingly allowing his wife to choose a non-dom status to avoid his family’s fair tax bill, you stupid fucking cunt. 

Yeah what a shit show Ed...glad you have noticed all these things but you left out postal costs, as i have an online business and send out lots of parcels, this is obviously something that's pissed me off.

But it's only a game show.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

These that thing you see in Uma Thurman's house in Pulp Fiction? The ones that look like the traffic light computers in the original Italian Job?

That was a reel to reel tape machine. The one she played Dusty Springfield on while she snorted a gram of heroin?

Just now, Eric Cuntman said:

That was a reel to reel tape machine. The one she played Dusty Springfield on while she snorted a gram of heroin?

Yeah. There were video tapes like that, too?

I only remember regular VHS tapes and how the foreign ones would never fit. I think I saw a Betamax when I was very young - smaller cassette with only one spool visible - but they seemed to be for posh people.

11 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

I only remember regular VHS tapes and how the foreign ones would never fit. I think I saw a Betamax when I was very young - smaller cassette with only one spool visible - but they seemed to be for posh people.

No, the video tapes were all enclosed in black plastic, the Betamax ones were small and heavy with one window as you said. The Philips V2000 was a big double sided tape like Pen described, and VHS was what you remember. It was the cheapest, with lower picture quality than the other 2, but price won the war, leading Philips and Betamax into obscurity. 

Remember 12 inch video discs?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

Two regular makes for Betamax .. the Sonys were posh and the Sanyos were cheap and common. TBH nothing wrong with the Sanyos.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

No, the video tapes were all enclosed in black plastic, the Betamax ones were small and heavy with one window as you said. The Philips V2000 was a big double sided tape like Pen described, and VHS was what you remember. It was the cheapest, with lower picture quality than the other 2, but price won the war, leading Philips and Betamax into obscurity. 

The real weakness with V2000 is that the movies available on the few prerecorded tapes used both sides of the tape so that when you were half way through the film you have to get up and change the tape over to the other side and most cunts were too fat and idle to want to do that. I did at one point have a full sized Sony Video 8 machine, they were better than either VHS or Betamax and you could also record PCM audio on them .. great system loads of promise but the prerecorded tapes for those machine never happened.

1 minute ago, Eric Cuntman said:

Laser disks? Never seen one in person, but I know of them. I grew up in a weird time in terms of technology and formats. Videos and DVDs were being made at the same time and I was saving my school work on floppy disks that were never floppy until I could save up enough pocket money to buy a USB flash drive. We would make fun of people with huge mobile phones because they were so old fashioned and outdated, but the first smartphones were just over the horizon. Tape was dead and the CD was king, but the MP3 was already out there for free if you knew where to look.

The only thing that hasn't changed is that vinyl is still popular.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eric Cuntman said:

My Aunty Vi had some old Bakelite cylinders. 

"Rat" she used to say, "stuff these up my Billingsgate and see if you can get a tune out of me".

9 hours ago, Roadkill said:

Laser disks? Never seen one in person, but I know of them. I grew up in a weird time in terms of technology and formats. Videos and DVDs were being made at the same time and I was saving my school work on floppy disks that were never floppy until I could save up enough pocket money to buy a USB flash drive. We would make fun of people with huge mobile phones because they were so old fashioned and outdated, but the first smartphones were just over the horizon. Tape was dead and the CD was king, but the MP3 was already out there for free if you knew where to look.

The only thing that hasn't changed is that vinyl is still popular.

We had a hired Ferguson Videostar (front loader) VHS VCR. Hired, because it was about a grand to buy - I still have an old Panasonic VHS VCR sitting in the shed. Fuck knows why. And they were called floppy disks because they were originally 5 1/4 inches and 'floppy', the 3 1/2 inch floppy disks in the rigid plastic case came later. What capacity did you have? 360kb, 720kb, or were you a posh cunt with 1.44mb ones?

49 minutes ago, Cunty BigBollox said:

We had a hired Ferguson Videostar (front loader) VHS VCR. Hired, because it was about a grand to buy - I still have an old Panasonic VHS VCR sitting in the shed. Fuck knows why. And they were called floppy disks because they were originally 5 1/4 inches and 'floppy', the 3 1/2 inch floppy disks in the rigid plastic case came later. What capacity did you have? 360kb, 720kb, or were you a posh cunt with 1.44mb ones?

I had a BBC B with 5 1/2 floppies and the first PC I had was a secondhand PCXT with 5 1/2 floppies (360k I think) and a huge 10 meg hard drive , but huge the hard drive was about twice the height of a CD Rom drive and made a noise like Concorde taking off. I soon bought a new motherboard (PC 33?) which only made tow bleeps when I tried to run the PC .. I found out that I should have bought some RAM chips those cost more than the motherboard itself. Then I found that I needed a new fucking monitor.

41 minutes ago, Dead Penelope said:

I had a BBC B with 5 1/2 floppies and the first PC I had was a secondhand PCXT with 5 1/2 floppies (360k I think) and a huge 10 meg hard drive , but huge the hard drive was about twice the height of a CD Rom drive and made a noise like Concorde taking off. I soon bought a new motherboard (PC 33?) which only made tow bleeps when I tried to run the PC .. I found out that I should have bought some RAM chips those cost more than the motherboard itself. Then I found that I needed a new fucking monitor.

Interesting stuff. I’ve been tasked by the board to inform you that @Roadkill passed away in agony early this morning, Pen. I know you held him in high regard and it’ll be a sad loss to the site, but a promise is a promise, sugar.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Dead Penelope said:

Is this one of your ‘gender reassignment’ references? Genuine question.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cunty BigBollox said:

4MB - this was the early 2000's, at the very peak of floppy disk technology. Strangely enough CD-R's never caught on for saving school work at the time - probably because  of the cost that adding a CD burner to every RM computer and the fact that the schools didn't want to become music pirate havens. It went straight from floppy disk to USB storage:

maxresdefault.jpg

e0b1c398-58a5-4420-e425-2540bd906204.jpg