CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Northern Rail

Guest MyCnut

Many know about the problems with Northern Rail and its standards of service, but I would like to share with readers my story of Northern Rail trying to wrangle its way out of awarding me compensation for a delay of over two-and-a-half hours by using irrelevant factors for it to come out spotless even though Northern Rail is responsible for the two-and-a-half hour delay.

On Friday 26th October I caught the 17:00 rail replacement bus express from Moorfields to Ormskirk which according to timetables the 18:01 from Ormskirk to Preston was a connecting service. This was for rail upgrading on the Liverpool to Ormskirk line. Unfortunately the 18:01 from Ormskirk didn’t wait for the bus to arrive (just over five minutes late) and so this was the start of a delayed journey for me to Croston.

The details supplied by National Rail were:

Express Rail Replacement Bus: Moorfields depart 17:00, Maghull 17:35, Ormskirk arrive 17:55;

Train: Ormskirk depart 18:01, Burscough Junction 18:05, Rufford 18:11, Croston arrive 18:16.

I mentioned this to a member of staff at Ormskirk Station and he told me that they don’t have connections with buses so I said it was a rail replacement bus and should be treated like a connecting train but he looked at me in reluctance to answer me properly. Are staff trained to hide their responsibilities and deny passengers their rights when things go wrong?

The 19:01 was also cancelled as was the 20:01 but a coach was put on at 20:25 from Ormskirk which got me to Croston just before 20:50.

AS a result of all of this, I put in for compensation with Northern Rail and got a reply stating that the 18:01 was not in excess of 30 minutes late at Croston so I wasn’t entitled to any compensation. I have objected to this as they have not taken all the details into account but haven’t heard anything back yet.

Firstly Northern Rail was responsible for the first delay (18:01 to 19:01) for not waiting for the rail replacement bus to connect and are blaming another operator (Merseyrail which provided the rail replacement buses). Secondly, iNorthern Rail doesn’t want to take responsibility for not waiting, then I was at Ormskirk for both the 19:01 and 20:01 which didn’t run so Northern Rail cannot use the punctuality of the 18:01 service to overshadow these cancellations and the subsequent delays I experienced which it appears to be trying to do by blaming Merseyrail for the overall delay. I was talking to a number of other passengers who were as frustrated for the two-and-a-half hour delay but don’t know if they have experienced difficulty with getting compensated for the delays they experienced too. I wouldn’t be surprised if Northern Rail has closed the doors in their faces too.

This is an example of exploitation by big businesses who try to manipulate their way out of responsibility and commitments (including banks, insurance companies, councils, DWP, etc.) by conning victims, and no doubt Northern Rail will have done something like this to manymore of its customers. It doesn’t just do it to one of its customers.

Northern Rail is nothing more than a business run by poisonous two-faced currants with reliability, respect and authenticity (rra) missing.

15 minutes ago, MyCnut said:

Many know about the problems with Northern Rail and its standards of service, but I would like to share with readers my story of Northern Rail trying to wrangle its way out of awarding me compensation for a delay of over two-and-a-half hours by using irrelevant factors for it to come out spotless even though Northern Rail is responsible for the two-and-a-half hour delay.

On Friday 26th October I caught the 17:00 rail replacement bus express from Moorfields to Ormskirk which according to timetables the 18:01 from Ormskirk to Preston was a connecting service. This was for rail upgrading on the Liverpool to Ormskirk line. Unfortunately the 18:01 from Ormskirk didn’t wait for the bus to arrive (just over five minutes late) and so this was the start of a delayed journey for me to Croston.

Express Rail Replacement Bus: Moorfields depart 17:00, Maghull 17:35, Ormskirk arrive 17:55;

Train: Ormskirk depart 18:01, Burscough Junction 18:05, Rufford 18:11, Croston arrive 18:16.

I mentioned this to a member of staff at Ormskirk Station and he told me that they don’t have connections with buses so I said it was a rail replacement bus and should be treated like a connecting train but he looked at me in reluctance to answer me properly. Are staff trained to hide their responsibilities and deny passengers their rights when things go wrong?

The 19:01 was also cancelled as was the 20:01 but a coach was put on at 20:25 from Ormskirk which got me to Croston just before 20:50.

AS a result of all of this, I put in for compensation with Northern Rail and got a reply stating that the 18:01 was not in excess of 30 minutes late at Croston so I wasn’t entitled to any compensation. I have objected to this as they have not taken all the details into account but haven’t heard anything back yet.

Firstly Northern Rail was responsible for the first delay (18:01 to 19:01) for not waiting for the rail replacement bus to connect and are blaming another operator (Merseyrail which provided the rail replacement buses). Secondly, iNorthern Rail doesn’t want to take responsibility for not waiting, then I was at Ormskirk for both the 19:01 and 20:01 which didn’t run so Northern Rail cannot use the punctuality of the 18:01 service to overshadow these cancellations and the subsequent delays I experienced which it appears to be trying to do by blaming Merseyrail for the overall delay. I was talking to a number of other passengers who were as frustrated for the two-and-a-half hour delay but don’t know if they have experienced difficulty with getting compensated for the delays they experienced too. I wouldn’t be surprised if Northern Rail has closed the doors in their faces too.

This is an example of exploitation by big businesses who try to manipulate their way out of responsibility and commitments (including banks, insurance companies, councils, DWP, etc.) by conning victims, and no doubt Northern Rail will have done something like this to manymore of its customers. It doesn’t just do it to one of its customers.

Northern Rail is nothing more than a business run by poisonous two-faced currants with reliability, respect and authenticity (rra) missing.

Learn to drive a motor car.

Cry-baby cunt.

24 minutes ago, MyCnut said:

Good nom..have a like

Panzbaby 

22 minutes ago, MyCnut said:

Good God. All we need is another boring, humourless fucking cunt with an unhealthy train obsession. Have you considered investing in some quality earplugs and standing on the live tracks at Ormskirk railway station, and counting to 1,000 with your eyes closed?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Good God. All we need is another boring, humourless fucking cunt with an unhealthy train obsession. Have you considered investing in some quality earplugs and standing on the live tracks at Ormskirk railway station, and counting to 1,000 with your eyes closed?

You fucking cunt, you beat me to it, I was in the middle of penning (pun intended) a withering assault on train fanatics when you popped up.

You've said it all, nothing left for me to add.

Good first nom - word of advice; it would have been just as effective if you restricted the post to the first and last two paragraphs.

My youngest, who commutes between Warrington and N.Wales has an issue with the train service, not only for the piss-poor reliability but also with the systemic culture of corporate indifference. Initially she was fobbed off, but having studied the compensation rules takes no shit from anybody and now regularly receives compo cheques with no questions asked.

On 11/12/2018 at 1:27 PM, Decimus said:

You fucking cunt, you beat me to it, I was in the middle of penning (pun intended) a withering assault on train fanatics when you popped up.

You've said it all, nothing left for me to add.

Unless he was barefoot it would have no effect. Wolfie should go Lime Street and do a repeat of what happened at Manchester Piccadilly and climb on to a carriage roof. 

23 minutes ago, Mrs Roops said:

Good first nom - word of advice; it would have been just as effective if you restricted the post to the first and last two paragraphs.

My youngest, who commutes between Warrington and N.Wales has an issue with the train service, not only for the piss-poor reliability but also with the systemic culture of corporate indifference. Initially she was fobbed off, but having studied the compensation rules takes no shit from anybody and now regularly receives compo cheques with no questions asked.

Different owner Transport For Wales. 

2 hours ago, MyCnut said:

Fuck me, that was like trying to read a Care Quality Commission report. I had to give up at the bit about a bus replacement service from Ormskirk, as the old mince pies (eyes) began to droop. I may make another attempt at a later date. But I'll mostly try not to. Mostly 

30 minutes ago, camberwell gypsy said:

Fuck me, that was like trying to read a Care Quality Commission report. I had to give up at the bit about a bus replacement service from Ormskirk, as the old mince pies (eyes) began to droop. I may make another attempt at a later date. But I'll mostly try not to. Mostly 

We should nuke the entire post from orbit...

..it's the only way to be sure.

Guest Wizardsleeve
9 hours ago, MyCnut said:

Kill yourself!  

19 minutes ago, Wizardsleeve said:

Kill yourself!  

This one can string a sentence together, just, but there's just no pizazz. 

And judging by the font and disproportionate gaps, this person seems to communicate using a fisher price plastic typewriter. Or they're like Stephen Hawking and type with a stick glued to their head.

17 hours ago, Eric Cuntman said:

This one can string a sentence together, just, but there's just no pizazz. 

And judging by the font and disproportionate gaps, this person seems to communicate using a fisher price plastic typewriter. Or they're like Stephen Hawking and type with a stick glued to their head.

That deserves a like, but you're not fucking getting one.

But I think this one shows promise if he can break away from dull niche topics and make me laugh. Awaiting his next post.

Guest Wizardsleeve
3 hours ago, Eric Cuntman said:

I now have 6 ratlikes.

fuck off.

I know they are the corner equivalent of capturing a photo of a leprechaun riding a unicorn with a Yeti buggering the loch ness monster in the background, but I can't be arsed with them, if I'm honest.  Plus, he is a bit of a cunt. 

Just now, Wizardsleeve said:

I know they are the corner equivalent of capturing a photo of a leprechaun riding a unicorn with a Yeti buggering the loch ness monster in the background, but I can't be arsed with them, if I'm honest.  Plus, he is a bit of a cunt. 

Rat likes are the equivalent of being called a massive fucking lezzer, by a massive fucking lezzer.