CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Nihal Arthanayake

Jiggerycock

12 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I saw lions in the wild in South Africa some years ago Eric; they're awesome beasts and much bigger than you might think. On the same trip (about 5-6 weeks in total, in 2003), I almost got eaten by a shark, having swam in a little cove near Cape Town called Fish Hoek bay. A vivid wild animal experience I hope never to repeat, I was bodyboarding/swimming in a black wetsuit on a fairly calm day when people on the nearby raised bank started shouting "get out of the water!", so rather than stay still like you're supposed to, I hit the panic button and fucking smashed it back to shore. When I got to the beach, a "grey shadow about twice the size of you" apparently swam underneath me, briefly following me for a few seconds, had a little sniff, and decided I wasn't food. It took me more than 12 years to get back into the sea, including the UK.

Last summer I swam with one of my dogs to the farthest buoy and back at Seaton beach in Devon (about 50-60m out, it's deep with a shelf), which is still part of my therapy to conquer my fear. It's not the water or currents which scare me (though I have a healthy respect for both); it's what might be lurking beneath. The temperate south west UK has perfect conditions for the existence of great whites, and with global warming and marine life generally migrating north, it's only a matter of time before they're here. I'm aware Pen lives near the Devon coast and I'm optimistic he'll become the UK's first fatal great white shark attack victim, based on the large predator's penchant for giant starfish.

Hardly a great white but a five foot black tip filmed on a iPhone still gets the blood pumping…

https://streamable.com/dq555q

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I saw lions in the wild in South Africa some years ago Eric; they're awesome beasts and much bigger than you might think. On the same trip (about 5-6 weeks in total, in 2003), I almost got eaten by a shark, having swam in a little cove near Cape Town called Fish Hoek bay. A vivid wild animal experience I hope never to repeat, I was bodyboarding/swimming in a black wetsuit on a fairly calm day when people on the nearby raised bank started shouting "get out of the water!", so rather than stay still like you're supposed to, I hit the panic button and fucking smashed it back to shore. When I got to the beach, a "grey shadow about twice the size of you" apparently swam underneath me, briefly following me for a few seconds, had a little sniff, and decided I wasn't food. It took me more than 12 years to get back into the sea, including the UK.

Last summer I swam with one of my dogs to the farthest buoy and back at Seaton beach in Devon (about 50-60m out, it's deep with a shelf), which is still part of my therapy to conquer my fear. It's not the water or currents which scare me (though I have a healthy respect for both); it's what might be lurking beneath. The temperate south west UK has perfect conditions for the existence of great whites, and with global warming and marine life generally migrating north, it's only a matter of time before they're here. I'm aware Pen lives near the Devon coast and I'm optimistic he'll become the UK's first fatal great white shark attack victim, based on the large predator's penchant for giant starfish.

Who is this Pen that you keep mentioning .. is he your boyfriend?

23 hours ago, Penny Farthing said:

Who is this Pen that you keep mentioning .. is he your boyfriend?

Wolfie has several boyfriends, in fact, he meets so many lonely young men when he's out walking his Poodle, I doubt he can keep track of their names, nor would he want to, for obvious reasons (what would the neighbours think) 😉

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Decimus said:

That's probably why you're currently sitting on 80k plus posts when taking into account all of your numerous monikers since 2014.

I joined in 2011 and Pen must have already had 80k fucking nominations at that point, never mind posts. Who knew there were so many different kinds of trains?

On 04/12/2023 at 18:40, Wolfie said:

Can I suggest some night swimming in the Bahamas? 

17 minutes ago, Cuntybaws said:

I joined in 2011 and Pen must have already had 80k fucking nominations at that point, never mind posts. Who knew there were so many different kinds of trains?

Ever since Pen first emerged out of the primordial soup four billion years ago, she/he/it has been jotting down her/his/its mindless fucking drivel in one form or another. I visited the archeological remains of some of your lot up at Skara Brae seven years ago, and there wasn't a prehistoric stone dwelling on site that didn't have the old bastard's runic mark upon it.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Decimus said:

Ever since Pen first emerged out of the primordial soup four billion years ago, she/he/it has been jotting down her/his/its mindless fucking drivel in one form or another. I visited the archeological remains of some of your lot up at Skara Brae seven years ago, and there wasn't a prehistoric stone dwelling on site that didn't have the old bastard's runic mark upon it.

A mysterious black erection in the mid-Cenozoic era predates Skara Brae by several million years.

m9Elr5Z.gif

• Like 3