CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Goodnight, Parky.

Last Cunt Standing

Ah, sometimes you hear news that makes you wistful and nostalgic for simpler times. I’ll risk acrimony by saying he wasn’t a fantastically insightful interviewer, but back in the day when Hollywood A-Listers would fly over and talk without something to flog, he made them feel comfortable. His warmth came through the screen, too. Who didn’t get in from a Saturday night out and sigh contentedly when those familiar bars struck up? 

I’ll be instantly disbelieved of course, but I bumped into him once in the bar of The Midland Hotel in Manchester, and he was, at least on that occasion, every bit the genial Yorkshireman we thought we all knew. A glass 🥃 for Parky tonight I think. Chapeau, fella. 

Jonathan Ross can fucking do one. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

Ah, sometimes you hear news that makes you wistful and nostalgic for simpler times. I’ll risk acrimony by saying he wasn’t a fantastically insightful interviewer, but back in the day when Hollywood A-Listers would fly over and talk without something to flog, he made them feel comfortable. His warmth came through the screen, too. Who didn’t get in from a Saturday night out and sigh contentedly when those familiar bars struck up? 

I’ll be instantly disbelieved of course, but I bumped into him once in the bar of The Midland Hotel in Manchester, and he was, at least on that occasion, every bit the genial Yorkshireman we thought we all knew. A glass 🥃 for Parky tonight I think. Chapeau, fella. 

I wasn’t a fan. The indecipherable mumbling should have excluded him from presenting any form of chat show. 
 He always came across as a newspaper sports journalist who’d been asked to stand in for Terry Wogan at the last minute.

If I had a favourite moment, it would be the laborious and never ending interview with a heavily drunk Peter Cook. Parkinson introduced his next guest, Bernard Manning, who fired off a couple of one liners on the way out, had the audience still rolling in the aisles as he walked up to the sofa, shook Parky’s hand. Then smiled at Peter Cook and said:

“Hello Peter, you were very funny tonight.”

5 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

I wasn’t a fan. The indecipherable mumbling should have excluded him from presenting any form of chat show. 
 He always came across as a newspaper sports journalist who’d been asked to stand in for Terry Wogan at the last minute.

If I had a favourite moment, it would be the laborious and never ending interview with a heavily drunk Peter Cook. Parkinson introduced his next guest, Bernard Manning, who fired off a couple of one liners on the way out, had the audience still rolling in the aisles as he walked up to the sofa, shook Parky’s hand. Then smiled at Peter Cook and said:

The Ali/Freddy Starr show was amusing when Freddy put the shits up Ali by telling him a ghost story. Manning was a funny cunt but Cook was an utter legend.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dyslexic cnut said:

The Ali/Freddy Starr show was amusing when Freddy put the shits up Ali by telling him a ghost story. Manning was a funny cunt but Cook was an utter legend.

I’ve seen that a couple of times in compilation shows. Ali was totally drawn in and the studio was dead silent when Freddy Starr leapt forward and he nearly tilted the chair over.

Freddy’s ‘rice/maggots trick always sticks in my mind. Along with Hitler in white boxer shorts and wellies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eric Cuntman said:

I’ve seen that a couple of times in compilation shows. Ali was totally drawn in and the studio was dead silent when Freddy Starr leapt forward and he nearly tilted the chair over.

Freddy’s ‘rice/maggots trick always sticks in my mind. Along with Hitler in white boxer shorts and wellies.

All down Faith Brown’s cleavage I seem to recall.

8 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

She was an annoying cunt. I can never remember if it was her that married Peter Butterworth, or Janet Brown who impersonated Maggie and The Queen.

Her cunt would never, ever annoy me, just like her tits.

Re Parky, he was just an opinionated Yorkshire cunt who thought he was bigger than his guests as well as the BBC, threatening to leave for ITV (and, TBF, following through) because his massive ego couldn't handle being moved from the primetime spot.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Her cunt would never, ever annoy me, just like her tits.

Re Parky, he was just an opinionated Yorkshire cunt who thought he was bigger than his guests as well as the BBC, threatening to leave for ITV (and, TBF, following through) because his massive ego couldn't handle being moved from the primetime spot.

And he was a bignose cunt with revoltingly precocious nostril hair growth.

I’m glad he’s dead. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Who was always scratching it.

Edit: Couldn't sell life insurance to save his life...

Actually, you’re right. Those fucking Sun-Life guaranteed over 50 adverts were way more annoying than the ones with the old pervert and his neighbour, June. 
 Fuck Parky and his ‘free Parker pen just for enquiring’. The cunt wouldn’t have progressed past regional telly if Simon Dee hadn’t been thrown under the bus.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

Actually, you’re right. Those fucking Sun-Life guaranteed over 50 adverts were way more annoying than the ones with the old pervert and his neighbour, June. 
 Fuck Parky and his ‘free Parker pen just for enquiring’. The cunt wouldn’t have progressed past regional telly if Simon Dee hadn’t been thrown under the bus.

Just for the sake of clarity. I’m 51 years old and therefore don’t remember Simon Dee being on the telly. I only know of him because I read a lot because I’m clever… chicken/egg fuck off.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Last Cunt Standing said:

I agree with the last sentence. The rest is your usual waffle. Let's face it he was no Johnny Carson or Jay Leno. Just another skin flint BBC Wogan (charge 5K expenses for doing Children in Need) from Yorkshire God's Own County of Cunts. Who knew him outside Britain? As for guests and list of questions do you think he did all that? 

49 minutes ago, ChildeHarold said:

I agree with the last sentence. The rest is your usual waffle. Let's face it he was no Johnny Carson or Jay Leno. Just another skin flint BBC Wogan (charge 5K expenses for doing Children in Need) from Yorkshire God's Own County of Cunts. Who knew him outside Britain? As for guests and list of questions do you think he did all that? 

Meg Ryan definitely thought he was a cunt. And she was in ‘Top Gun’ so it must be true.

4 hours ago, Eric Cuntman said:

I think he's main attribute was to slow down conversation for the benefit of television. In real life he must have been a fucking boring plodder. 

Dribbling Yorkshire morgue-cheater that he was, he did occasionally get some great guests on and wasn't afraid to ask them some rather probing questions, when other sparkly-toothed winking wankers were simply asking them what their next film/gig was.

That being said, he'd had his fun already, and it's about time he died to be honest. Although I expect that in this modern age of screechy bed-wetting spasticity, the one thing he'll mostly be remembered for is pointing out that the majority of people were watching Helen Mirren's films because of her tits. Which they fucking were.

• Like 1

I wasn't around during his original run but I can remember his "comeback."

Everyone over the age of 30 was getting excited and talking about it for weeks in advance, almost as if it was the second coming of Christ. I watched one episode and came to the realisation perhaps earlier than most that nostalgia is a cunts game and nothing will ever be as good the second time around. Except the Holocaust.

The Thundercats reboot was shit.

12 hours ago, Eric Cuntman said:

I remember that. Cook said fuck all because he knew he'd get mullered.