CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Guest Weary&Disgusted

Guest Weary&Disgusted

Maybe I am just getting old, but some of the newer bands seem contemptibly weak and almost impossible to listen to.  I primarily love good guitar music, but I will listen to any genre of music if it has a good tune.  

I am completely stumped by the appeal of newer bands like Dry Cleaning, Black Midi and Black Country New Road.  The output of Dry Cleaning seems to consist of someone miserably mumbling pretentious lyrics over a weak beat, with some wishy washy faded out sounds in the background.  The singer from Black Midi sounds like he is having a nervous breakdown while being forced to masturbate at gunpoint. Black Country New Road seem to be ranting half heartedley about a poorly executed chemical experiment.  I just don't understand how bands like this get started.  Does no one tell them diplomatically to stick to their day jobs ?   

Worst of the lot are Sleaford Mods.  Okay, I know they have been around for a while now, but they are truly dire, the lyrics sound like a schizophrenic trying to explain his latest obsessive delusion to a confused therapist, with a few keyboard loops tagged on for variety.  Who is buying this shite  and keeping these bands afloat ?

1 hour ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

Maybe I am just getting old, but some of the newer bands seem contemptibly weak and almost impossible to listen to.  I primarily love good guitar music, but I will listen to any genre of music if it has a good tune.  

I am completely stumped by the appeal of newer bands like Dry Cleaning, Black Midi and Black Country New Road.  The output of Dry Cleaning seems to consist of someone miserably mumbling pretentious lyrics over a weak beat, with some wishy washy faded out sounds in the background.  The singer from Black Midi sounds like he is having a nervous breakdown while being forced to masturbate at gunpoint. Black Country New Road seem to be ranting half heartedley about a poorly executed chemical experiment.  I just don't understand how bands like this get started.  Does no one tell them diplomatically to stick to their day jobs ?   

Worst of the lot are Sleaford Mods.  Okay, I know they have been around for a while now, but they are truly dire, the lyrics sound like a schizophrenic trying to explain his latest obsessive delusion, with a few keyboard loops tagged on for variety.  Who is buying this shite  and keeping these bands afloat ?

It might be the "oldest swinger in town" thing. I tended to keep up to date until around 1990 when I stopped buying CD and updating my collection .. I know a few people who have carried on "keeping up to date" but who in reality and ironically looking old and set in their ways.

There's still good stuff out there.

You just have to look hard, keep an open mind and take lots of anti-retroviral X-Factor / The Voice / BGT drugs

I know it's all down to personal taste but if you do hum and whirr to guitar riffs and shouty vocals you could do worse than checkout The Dirty Nil, Amaranthe, Wintefylleth & Callow Saints.

....but yeah you're right in one respect.

Mumford and Sons sound like a bunch of walruses giving birth to farm equipment.

• Like 1

Guest Weary&Disgusted
3 hours ago, Jiggerycock said:

There's still good stuff out there.

You just have to look hard, keep an open mind and take lots of anti-retroviral X-Factor / The Voice / BGT drugs

I know it's all down to personal taste but if you do hum and whirr to guitar riffs and shouty vocals you could do worse than checkout The Dirty Nil, Amaranthe, Wintefylleth & Callow Saints.

....but yeah you're right in one respect.

Mumford and Sons sound like a bunch of walruses giving birth to farm equipment.

Absolutely correct, there are still lots of new bands I really rate, but some bands just puzzle me, I wonder who their audience can possibly be.  Then again, music is experienced subjectively, so what sounds ridiculous to me might be really exciting for someone else, I suppose.  Thanks for the recommendations, I will check them out !

Guest Weary&Disgusted
5 hours ago, Dawn Chorus said:

It might be the "oldest swinger in town" thing. I tended to keep up to date until around 1990 when I stopped buying CD and updating my collection .. I know a few people who have carried on "keeping up to date" but who in reality and ironically looking old and set in their ways.

Hey now, don't be getting swingers involved.  Another odd one is that ”Slowthai" guy.  His sonic output is incompatible with my ears.  Maybe this means I am now obsolete and will need to be recycled into Soylent Green.  

Guest hans glib
7 hours ago, Weary&Disgusted said:

Worst of the lot are Sleaford Mods.  Okay, I know they have been around for a while now, but they are truly dire, the lyrics sound like a schizophrenic trying to explain his latest obsessive delusion, with a few keyboard loops tagged on for variety.  Who is buying this shite  and keeping these bands afloat ?

cunts with no taste like me i guess

You only had to watch this years 'Grammy' awards to realise that these days music is about ticking boxes and filling a quota, basically if you don't toe the LGBT, ethnic minority, cute with a nice body, line, you're not going to earn a living (unless you're sucking Cowell's cock)

Hell, you've got 50+ years of great music that's mostly available online to listen to or download, why bother with today's hapless cuntery to get your aural jollies?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Joker said:

You only had to watch this years 'Grammy' awards to realise that these days music is about ticking boxes and filling a quota, basically if you don't toe the LGBT, ethnic minority, cute with a nice body, line, you're not going to earn a living (unless you're sucking Cowell's cock)

Hell, you've got 50+ years of great music that's mostly available online to listen to or download, why bother with today's hapless cuntery to get your aural jollies?

The only song on the R-Soles playlist:

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Decimus said:

The only song on the R-Soles playlist:

Joker, Joker the poll-smoker. I've just seen on the news that a 50 year old man has been arrested over the body found floating in Barrymore's swimming pool. Apparently at first the prolapsed arsehole was mistaken for an armband*.

Now I might be playing Kojak here, but our very own pitch and put playing Cheshire estate agent has been suspiciously quiet.

Alwight... 

©Major Cunt 2021

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Major Cunt said:

Joker, Joker the poll-smoker. I've just seen on the news that a 50 year old man has been arrested over the body found floating in Barrymore's swimming pool. Apparently at first the prolapsed arsehole was mistaken for an armband*.

Now I might be playing Kojak here, but our very own pitch and put playing Cheshire estate agent has been suspiciously quiet.

Alwight... 

©Major Cunt 2021

I already did that on the Another Annoying BBC Cunt thread. 

I now know what it feels like to be a woman talking about anything technical to a group of men. No cunt pays the slightest attention. 

• Like 1

Guest Weary&Disgusted
1 hour ago, Dawn Chorus said:

Swinging.

On the topic of rude puns, my colleague was supposed to attend a seminar on innuendo tomorrow, but she won't be able to make it, so I have to fill her slot instead.  

On 17/03/2021 at 08:11, Weary&Disgusted said:

Worst of the lot are Sleaford Mods.  Okay, I know they have been around for a while now, but they are truly dire, the lyrics sound like a schizophrenic trying to explain his latest obsessive delusion to a confused therapist, with a few keyboard loops tagged on for variety.  Who is buying this shite  and keeping these bands afloat ?

I agree on the first 2 paragraphs and they made me laugh but the Sleaford mods are in a league of their own compared to the genuine fucking dross mentioned by others in this thread. The Sleaford mods dont give a fuck about the music business, dont conform and will easily win a fight with 99% of the other pansy wet pants Brit bands of the day.  

12 minutes ago, Arsebiscuit said:

The Sleaford mods dont give a fuck about the music business, dont conform and will easily win a fight with 99% of the other pansy wet pants Brit bands of the day.  

Are you sure about that, because they look to me like a proper pair of pansy fucking homosexuals. In fact, for a moment there I thought I was looking at a picture of Brian & Michael.

SSP_6240.jpg     2A31CF7700000578-3148216-The_song_is_about_artist_LS_Lowry_and_was_number_one_for_three_w-m-9_1435911972921.jpg