CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Mike Tyson

Decimus

3 hours ago, Gronda Gronda said:

1) and 2) I can't decide, but 3) for me is Nigel Benn vs Gerald McClellan.  What a war! 

Do you have any thoughts on what happened to Henry Akinwande during his "fight" when he got disqualified vs Lennox Lewis? Maybe he had concussion.

I've no idea what happened to Akinwande against Lewis, it was completely bizarre, almost as if he threw the fight. The holding was an absolute disgrace.

I do love the Benn v McClellan bout, and as far as pure entertainment value goes, it's definitely up there. I put Ward v Gatti (1) above it, though. It had two boxers with huge heart and was still a technically brilliant display as well as a slugfest.

Benn v McClellan saw Nigel being a dirty cunt, and arguably he would have been knocked the fuck out in round one if not for the ref's suspect intervention and slow count.

42 minutes ago, Decimus said:

I've no idea what happened to Akinwande against Lewis, it was completely bizarre, almost as if he threw the fight. The holding was an absolute disgrace.

I do love the Benn v McClellan bout, and as far as pure entertainment value goes, it's definitely up there. I put Ward v Gatti (1) above it, though. It had two boxers with huge heart and was still a technically brilliant display as well as a slugfest.

Benn v McClellan saw Nigel being a dirty cunt, and arguably he would have been knocked the fuck out in round one if not for the ref's suspect intervention and slow count.

Great insight into some the best bouts I’ve seen, Harry. Braggart fucking bore. 

46 minutes ago, Frank said:

Great insight into some the best bouts I’ve seen, Harry. Braggart fucking bore. 

15 minutes ago, The Beast said:

There isn't anything original. Not a chink of light. 

Firstly, Frank, take your wig and glasses and shove them up your fucking arse, you weird "Guess Who?" looking cunt.

There's nothing original, because it's widely accepted by experts and casual fans alike that most of the fights and boxers mentioned on here are in the list of all times greats. Why don't you both regale us with tales of a couple of amateur Puerto Rican straw weights you and no one else watched twenty years ago in the early hours of the morning on Eurosport? Couple of old too cool for school wankers.

You remind me of a pair of sixth form emo tossers, desperate to be different so laud the talents of some shit-fitting amateur two piece band whilst decrying anyone who likes anything with the semblance of popularity.

Fuck off.

1 hour ago, Decimus said:

Firstly, Frank, take your wig and glasses and shove them up your fucking arse, you weird "Guess Who?" looking cunt.

There's nothing original, because it's widely accepted by experts and casual fans alike that most of the fights and boxers mentioned on here are in the list of all times greats. Why don't you both regale us with tales of a couple of amateur Puerto Rican straw weights you and no one else watched twenty years ago in the early hours of the morning on Eurosport? Couple of old too cool for school wankers.

You remind me of a pair of sixth form emo tossers, desperate to be different so laud the talents of some shit-fitting amateur two piece band whilst decrying anyone who likes anything with the semblance of popularity.

Fuck off.

Proper was referring to my output, not your extraordinary knowledge of middlewight boxing and other fascinating nostalgia. Grow up. 

Idiot. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Decimus said:

I don't know if you're a boxing man, Hokes, but I've got two questions for you if you are:

1: Who was the greatest heavyweight boxer of all time?

2: Who was the best pound-for-pound boxer of all time?

3: What was the best fight you've ever seen?

Questions are open to anyone else who has in interest in the sport.

I don`t really know the answers to those posers Decs, the best i can do is my all time favourite boxer who was Tommy Hearns. If you`ve got 20 mins watch Joe Rogan discuss Tyson with Teddy Atlas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PANZER MURPHY said:

Jonny baby is in hiding from his former comrades..something to do with who sells what on which corner.

PANZERMURPHYBABY 

That's normally what it comes down, PanzBaby. The spoils of war. I've heard that both the republicans and the loyalists became organised crime groups knocking out the naughty gear. On top of that you've got a shitload of Gaddafi supplied AK's and assorted pistols. It all makes for the perfect storm. Throw  in a country financially on its arse, and my professional opinion is you're royally fucked... 

28 minutes ago, Hokey Gingers said:

I don`t really know the answers to those posers Decs, the best i can do is my all time favourite boxer who was Tommy Hearns. If you`ve got 20 mins watch Joe Rogan discuss Tyson with Teddy Atlas.

That's a fantastic podcast, Hokey. I watched it all a few months back, and have to agree that Tyson's professional career was carefully stage managed by Cus D'amato. When he came up against decent opposition he came unstuck. Tommy Hearnes was a machine who fought his way through the ranks, definitely one of my favourite boxers... 

41 minutes ago, Major Cunt said:

That's a fantastic podcast, Hokey. I watched it all a few months back, and have to agree that Tyson's professional career was carefully stage managed by Cus D'amato. When he came up against decent opposition he came unstuck. Tommy Hearnes was a machine who fought his way through the ranks, definitely one of my favourite boxers... 

With the greatest respect, this is bollocks. Tyson’s career was never ‘stage managed’ by Cus who simply did not operate like that. He continued to destroy everyone put in front (and way above) him and if anything it was difficult to get an opponent to fight him. He went into a decline after D’Amato, his mentor and father figure died in ‘85 but he was still a monster and became the youngest heavyweight champion in history despite this. He fought all of the best contenders and as I’ve said before, no-one could live with the younger focused Tyson. Michael Spinks, unbeaten, never dropped in his career was bulldozed in 90 seconds including the count. Tyson lunatic lifestyle was what did for him, he was riddled with stds and had been pissed up the night before he fought Douglas in Tokyo and was never the same again. Had D’Amato lived and Don Cunt King had never come along, Tyson would have held onto the title much longer than he did.

His scraps with Ruddock are worth a watch for sheer brutality. Good shout on Tommy Hearns though...now...fuck off.

3 hours ago, Frank said:

Proper was referring to my output, not your extraordinary knowledge of middlewight boxing and other fascinating nostalgia. Grow up. 

Idiot. 

I'm thinking of resurrecting Bill's snooker thread. Would you be willing to talk us through every frame of the 1984 World Snooker Championship final, you boring fucking cunt?

10 minutes ago, Dyslexic cnut said:

With the greatest respect, this is bollocks. Tyson’s career was never ‘stage managed’ by Cus who simply did not operate like that. He continued to destroy everyone put in front (and way above) him and if anything it was difficult to get an opponent to fight him. He went into a decline after D’Amato, his mentor and father figure died in ‘85 but he was still a monster and became the youngest heavyweight champion in history despite this. He fought all of the best contenders and as I’ve said before, no-one could live with the younger focused Tyson. Michael Spinks, unbeaten, never dropped in his career was bulldozed in 90 seconds including the count. Tyson lunatic lifestyle was what did for him, he was riddled with stds and had been pissed up the night before he fought Douglas in Tokyo and was never the same again. Had D’Amato lived and Don Cunt King had never come along, Tyson would have held onto the title much longer than he did.

His scraps with Ruddock are worth a watch for sheer brutality. Good shout on Tommy Hearns though...now...fuck off.

I agree with you Dylsexic. He was indeed a monster, with elemental power that could crush granite. 

17 minutes ago, Dyslexic cnut said:

James 'Buster' Douglas. Fuck off! 

17 minutes ago, Dyslexic cnut said:

‘Stage managed?’ Puleeeezzz, and fuck off.

You're on thin fucking ice, cunt, and when it breaks I shall be underneath it. You've already pissed the Corners titans my pedigree chum. Tyson's career was carefully managed by Cus, listen to Teddy Atlas for the lowdown. He was a beast in his day, I'll give you that... 

3 minutes ago, Major Cunt said:

You're on thin fucking ice, cunt, and when it breaks I shall be underneath it. You've already pissed the Corners titans my pedigree chum. Tyson's career was carefully managed by Cus, listen to Teddy Atlas for the lowdown. He was a beast in his day, I'll give you that... 

I’m on ‘thin ice’ for disagreeing with you? How the fuck does that work like? Teddy Atlas is a Gobshite and D’Amato never fed Tyson bums. Be nice eh? Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one.

• Like 1