CUNTS CORNER TWITTER ACCOUNT ID @CuntsCorner ×
Donations towards site upkeep will be thankfully received and faithfully applied....

Cy Twombly…..Artistic genius or piss soaked idiot?

King Billy

large.07316E8A-83F6-4A6C-9983-91B9D6A311D1.jpeg.f80d61d8304a3f3f76192157a845b816.jpeg

This 16ft wide ‘masterpiece’ sold at Phillips in NY this week for $41.6m. It was described in the catalogue as follows….

‘Created in 2005, Twombly’s ‘Untitled’ is swathed with circular applications of red paint that parades the eye into a cycle of violent spirals. The series created between 2003 and 2008  was inspired by Bacchus the god of wine, who in one way reflects the joys that alcohol can bring, while simultaneously imbuing a sense of madness that can be a byproduct of alcohol addiction.

’41.6 million dollars ono’

There’s only one way to get to the bottom of this mystery imo.

Roadkill and Cunty Big Bollocks.

FIGHT !!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, King Billy said:

large.07316E8A-83F6-4A6C-9983-91B9D6A311D1.jpeg.f80d61d8304a3f3f76192157a845b816.jpeg

This 16ft wide ‘masterpiece’ sold at Phillips in NY this week for $41.6m. It was described in the catalogue as follows….

‘Created in 2005, Twombly’s ‘Untitled’ is swathed with circular applications of red paint that parades the eye into a cycle of violent spirals. The series created between 2003 and 2008  was inspired by Bacchus the god of wine, who in one way reflects the joys that alcohol can bring, while simultaneously imbuing a sense of madness that can be a byproduct of alcohol addiction.

FIGHT !!!!!!!!!!

It's all bollocks

32 minutes ago, King Billy said:

FIGHT !!!!!!!!!!

Is this a wind up, or has some pretentious, brain dead fucking idiot actually spent tens of millions of dollars on purchasing that? If so, they should be strung up and beaten to death with a crow bar. 

I genuinely thought I'd seen the peak of human idiocy when the last Rothko piece went for a disgusting amount of money. If ever there was a real life equivalent of 'The Emperor's New Clothes' this would be it.

It's a shame @Frank is dead, based on this he could have become a billionaire overnight by selling his blood and spunk soiled bed sheets on eBay.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, King Billy said:

FIGHT !!!!!!!!!!

42 million for this shite

That sums up humanity perfectly, especially in the current climate of doom, despair and inequality 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Eric Cuntman said:

He has a similar, scratchy talent free style to Tracey Emin. Who should have been told as a teenager… ‘stop fucking drawing, cover your face, and get your jubblies out’.

It’s very similar to the mess my ex made on the living room carpet (which happened to be 16’ wide) when she asked me to pop to the shops and get her some tampax. Needless to say I forgot and went to the pub for a few shandies and then before I knew it a few days and nights had slipped by.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, King Billy said:

I forgot and went to the pub for a few shandies and then before I knew it a few days and nights had slipped by.

They never forget these minor hiccups, do they. I bet she threw that little incident back at you til the day she left, three weeks later. 🤬

• Like 1

12 hours ago, King Billy said:

FIGHT !!!!!!!!!!

Dyu know what I call you, Mr Picasso? I call you Mr Picarsehole because as far a I’m concerned, you take shit out of other people’s arseholes, shove it on a canvas and sell it to other cunts. He was non-plussed and he went away with a paintbrush sticking out of his arsehole and a Neolithic abstract…on his nob.

13 hours ago, King Billy said:

FIGHT !!!!!!!!!!

Do we have an address for this pile of shit? It would be handy for the green robots to spill some paint on; benefiting the people with eyesight.

13 hours ago, Decimus said:

blood and spunk soiled bed sheets on eBay

Plagiarism would never happen in the art world.

At least it actually exists, unlike a "non-fungible token".

There's an amusing film on Amazon called Made You Look about this nonsense. Once the aspect of actual artistic ability is removed from the equation, anyone can produce perfect new Rothkos, Pollocks etc: no-one can reliably authenticate them as there is no discernable technique or skill involved in their creation.

The whole modern art world seems to be a circle of self-deception and mutual ego buffing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hammer of Cunts said:

The whole modern art world seems to be a circle of self-deception and mutual ego buffing.

No different than advertising and marketing where cunts within the "industry"give each other awards for edgy campaigns that do nothing to actually sell or increase awareness of what they are supposed to be promoting.

5 minutes ago, Penny Farthing said:

No different than advertising and marketing where cunts within the "industry"give each other awards for edgy campaigns that do nothing to actually sell or increase awareness of what they are supposed to be promoting.

The same applies to almost all of the "creative sector". If the only judges of quality are ones peers, accolades and recognition are given on the basis of a kind of social credit system. The more enthusiastically one plays the game, the higher the rewards and the merry-go-round keeps turning. Alternately there is the Rowling treatment for those who disagree with whatever tripe happens to be the current cause celebre.

Those whose cannot make the "art" go into arts management, a sewer of backbiting, nepotism and incompetence where nonentities are shunted from job to job, without ever being challenged over their obvious failures. Walk into any provincial arts centre and spot the evidence.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hammer of Cunts said:

The same applies to almost all of the "creative sector". If the only judges of quality are ones peers, accolades and recognition are given on the basis of a kind of social credit system. The more enthusiastically one plays the game, the higher the rewards and the merry-go-round keeps turning. Alternately there is the Rowling treatment for those who disagree with whatever tripe happens to be the current cause celebre.

Those whose cannot make the "art" go into arts management, a sewer of backbiting, nepotism and incompetence where nonentities are shunted from job to job, without ever being challenged over their obvious failures. Walk into any provincial arts centre and spot the evidence.

I am not willing to condemn the "artist" .. they may have a perfectly reasonable explanation for wht the painting represents .. even if it is simply a pisstake on the cunts stupid enough to pay $millions for it. It is more what about these silly cunts who buy such things and obviously have more money than sense and more money than a sense of how to spend that money. That $41Million would have bought Frank's boat with cash to spare or a nice tract of land somewhere to shoot pheasants or protected wildlife at random

20 hours ago, scotty said:

They never forget these minor hiccups, do they. I bet she threw that little incident back at you til the day she left, three weeks later. 🤬

I’ve been permanently traumatised by the behaviour of all 3 of the women I married. Can you imagine coming home after a 3 or 4 day binge, barely conscious and the woman you picked to spend the rest of your life with, from the 4 billion or so to choose from, instead of rushing to the door to welcome you home with hugs and kisses, launched into a deranged verbal and occasionally physical attack on you?

”I hate you! I wish I’d never met you! You should get out of this house! etc etc. etc.

Being the rational and empathetic person I am and always have been, I always listened without retaliating, even though receiving an ear bashing for not coming home, while simultaneously being told I should fuck off didn’t make much sense to me. And to make matters worse, when my beloveds had exhausted themselves and finished ranting, for some strange reason me nodding my head in agreement and saying “I’m sorry you feel that way. Shall I order a Chinese for dinner?, you deserve a night off”, invariably kicked off more of the same bad behaviour directed at me.

• Like 3